Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 5 images missing after upgrade from 4 to IH5

Hi Barco, I don't think we are nuked and I would very much love to know the solution to this too. So it would help us if we could pull out that image location data from db and check how the original folder structure was constructed. There has been over decade of different upgraders and the latest backup before IH installation is incomplete because broken laptop. So there is a bad karma lurking around. Old saying there are never enough backups is true this time. My boss gave me gracefully 24 hours to solve this problem or we revert to old platform and I don't think that is wise because it is too slow.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    IH4 and IH5 use completely different naming for the bmz cached images. ...
    @barco57, IH-5 provides an additional (readable) naming convention for the cached images, while maintaining the hashed-name convention used by previous versions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Unfortunately, IH-4 has hashed those image-names upon creation in the /bmz_cache directory and it's not an easy/possible task to un-hash those names.
    If they are familiar with Bash shell scripting they could probably write a script to do it.... or they could put a request in the Commercial Help Wanted... and let me know they did. :)

Plugin Contributions

Have you asked your hosting company if they have a backup before you made these changes? Also, I recommend having a backup on a flash drive and on an external website like OneDrive.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIbrickedIT View Post
    Hi Barco, I don't think we are nuked and I would very much love to know the solution to this too. So it would help us if we could pull out that image location data from db and check how the original folder structure was constructed. There has been over decade of different upgraders and the latest backup before IH installation is incomplete because broken laptop. So there is a bad karma lurking around. Old saying there are never enough backups is true this time. My boss gave me gracefully 24 hours to solve this problem or we revert to old platform and I don't think that is wise because it is too slow.
    Hello! If your boss is threatening to go to an old system.... this must mean you have the images somewhere else too? If you do, then with those images and the knowledge of the image name and location from within the products table should allow everything to be rebuilt?

Plugin Contributions

@lat9 I forgot there was a switch in IH5 to choose between hashed and readable.
    That still won't help OopsIbrickedIT extract what he is looking for... to rebuild the images folder.
    For a partial list of images folder structure, you would need to export the following fields from the database:
    Code:
    banners_image (banners table)
    categories_image (categories table)
    products_image (products table)
    This would at least give you a list of what the original images were named and where they lived in the images folder. It would not tell you about everything that was in the images folder as there could have been all sorts of images in there that had nothing to do with those fields and would not have touched by IH. If the bmz cache filenames can be unhashed to allow you to connect the resized images to their original parent image that will get you part of the way there. However, after checking and testing on a couple of sites this morning, I have found that the largest version of the image to be displayed in the larger image popup, normally the original large image uploaded, is not in the bmz cache and is served directly from its images folder location.

So you should be able to approximate the structure of the images folder from the database but I don't think you are going to be able to completely recover all of the images via the bmz cache
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    @lat9 I forgot there was a switch in IH5 to choose between hashed and readable.
    That still won't help OopsIbrickedIT extract what he is looking for... to rebuild the images folder.
    For a partial list of images folder structure, you would need to export the following fields from the database:
    Code:
    banners_image (banners table)
    categories_image (categories table)
    products_image (products table)
    This would at least give you a list of what the original images were named and where they lived in the images folder. It would not tell you about everything that was in the images folder as there could have been all sorts of images in there that had nothing to do with those fields and would not have touched by IH. If the bmz cache filenames can be unhashed to allow you to connect the resized images to their original parent image that will get you part of the way there. However, after checking and testing on a couple of sites this morning, I have found that the largest version of the image to be displayed in the larger image popup, normally the original large image uploaded, is not in the bmz cache and is served directly from its images folder location.

So you should be able to approximate the structure of the images folder from the database but I don't think you are going to be able to completely recover all of the images via the bmz cache
    Thank you very much for the help, I will try that. And ve do have that old bmz_cache folder with imagehandler 4 intact and I tought that could be the way. We had to revert to old site partly because of this problem. I'll post my doings ere when I have time. Possibly it some day might help somebody. I have OVH-sas as hosting provider and I suspect it even might be something do with their server settings.

Plugin Contributions

I am using version 156c and had Image Handler 5 installed.
    My question is why do I have the 1st pic of a particular item have all 3 size images (small, medium, and large) and the additional pics of the same item only have the small and the large pic and not the medium.
    Also why does the hover effect not work. What am I missing

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    I am using version 156c and had Image Handler 5 installed.
    My question is why do I have the 1st pic of a particular item have all 3 size images (small, medium, and large) and the additional pics of the same item only have the small and the large pic and not the medium.
    Also why does the hover effect not work. What am I missing
    A product's "medium" image is used as the primary product-image on a product's detailed-information page, e.g. product_info. It can also exist as a small (for product-listing display) or large (for product-details popups).

A product's additional images only are used in the small and large forms; that's why there is no medium-image created for the additional images.

That hover-effect can be wonky and is no longer supported.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    A product's "medium" image is used as the primary product-image on a product's detailed-information page, e.g. product_info. It can also exist as a small (for product-listing display) or large (for product-details popups).

A product's additional images only are used in the small and large forms; that's why there is no medium-image created for the additional images.

That hover-effect can be wonky and is no longer supported.
    Thank you for response.
    So it looks like everything is working as it is suppose to.
    Is the proper way to use this plugin to start with a large image and drop it into the LRG Image folder or to start with a small image and just drop it into the Image folder?

Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast