Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
Thank you for clarifying that the default installation didn't offer that sorting capability. At least, I know it has nothing to do with incorrect installation.

I'll look further into this as it will take me several readings to make sense of it. Thanks for all those details.

Knowing that the next version is probably already in the making, is there a way to suggest that this be reinstated? I am pretty sure it was there before I upgraded, and I don't see why, searching inside a category, a user would not be able to sort them to see what is the newest product in that particular category, and only have them alphabetically ordered.
If I didn't know any better, it would be my guess that it was on your old site, but didn't get carried over to your new one. Again a time to go a file comparing between override files and their vanilla version (ideally both within the same set of files, but could be that the vanilla version was modified as well which would mean to compare that base file with a vanila version as downloaded from the ZC website.)