Plugin Contributions

Default Buy now vs ... more info

As I was testing the installation of Image Handler 4 on my test site, I noticed that the one product I was editing (as a test) now has a Buy now button instead of the ... more info like the other products.

Anyone has any idea how it got there or why?

Here is the page where it is happening, and it is the ONLY product it does it with:
    http://creationcassel.com/test4store...ndex&cPath=7_8

The product is the Mask Maker script

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Buy now vs ... more info

The ones with more info links only open what appears to be the sitemap.

Does the product with a buy now button have no attributes and the other have attributes?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Has the following IH4 fix been applied yet?

https://github.com/DivaVocals/zen_Im...dler/issues/13
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Has the following IH4 fix been applied yet?

https://github.com/DivaVocals/zen_Im...dler/issues/13
    I don't know. I downloaded the plugin today to have the most up to date (as i had seen comments from lat9 about some issues with IH4 and OPC). On GitHub, there is a mention that "lat9 added bug fix provided labels 13 days ago" so i assumed it had the fix in it.

The generic description was just added by me because initially, i had tested adding that product and it had NO description so i thought it might be the reason why the ...More info didn't appear... there was no additional info, but even after adding that generic paragraph, it still showed the Buy Now.

Plugin Contributions

You've set up a Download attribute for all the products except that one.

Plugin Contributions

Oh... you are right. Since it was a test environment, i had not uploaded a file for it so i didn't set up a download for it.
    I didn't think it would matter, but I just added a download attribute and it "fixed" the issue.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post

Does the product with a buy now button have no attributes and the other have attributes?
    The "sitemap" is an incomplete loading of the information necessary to display the product info. The product's image is displayed, but nothing beyond that although the source code is all present for the remainder of the product.
    If the plugin was downloaded from github, the current version reported there is IH5 not IH4, so care should be taken in ensuring that the referenced changes weren't just comments being updated to ensure that the patch identified in the above post were performed instead of how IH5 probably addresses the issue.

Plugin Contributions

The "sitemap" is an incomplete loading of the information necessary to display the product info. The product's image is displayed, but nothing beyond that although the source code is all present for the remainder of the product.
    If the plugin was downloaded from github, the current version reported there is IH5 not IH4, so care should be taken in ensuring that the referenced changes weren't just comments being updated to ensure that the patch identified in the above post were performed instead of how IH5 probably addresses the issue.
    The plugin was downloaded from the plugins section here, not directly from GitHub.
    Just as a comparison, here is the test store.
    http://creationcassel.com/test4store/

Do you get the same thing?
    I didn't see any issue when testing it so that is why I did install it on the live site. I have no problem so far that i can see or customers have reported, at least, nothing until you pointed out something odd.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    The plugin was downloaded from the plugins section here, not directly from GitHub.
    Just as a comparison, here is the test store.
    http://creationcassel.com/test4store/

Do you get the same thing?
    I didn't see any issue when testing it so that is why I did install it on the live site. I have no problem so far that i can see or customers have reported, at least, nothing until you pointed out something odd.
    I did get the same result of a "partially" loaded product information screen from my mobile (which would likely load similar to tablet).

As said in an "parallel" thread, you can test the mobile and tablet layouts each by appending the parameter layoutType=mobile or layoutType=tablet to the uri. so like for the previously provided address: http://creationcassel.com/test4store...outType=tablet or for one of the products viewed: http://creationcassel.com/test4store...outType=tablet. Then of course adjust the width of your browser window and you can generally see how it responds to a "tablet" device at least the way objects move. The browser likely also has some sort of encoding or feature enabler to look at the page as if accessing from a different device type. Of course using the real device can be more revealing, but it's a start.

Plugin Contributions

I did get the same result of a "partially" loaded product information screen from my mobile (which would likely load similar to tablet).

As said in an "parallel" thread, you can test the mobile and tablet layouts each by appending the parameter layoutType=mobile or layoutType=tablet to the uri. so like for the previously provided address: http://creationcassel.com/test4store...outType=tablet or for one of the products viewed: http://creationcassel.com/test4store...outType=tablet. Then of course adjust the width of your browser window and you can generally see how it responds to a "tablet" device at least the way objects move. The browser likely also has some sort of encoding or feature enabler to look at the page as if accessing from a different device type. Of course using the real device can be more revealing, but it's a start.
    Thanks. I was not sure if the initial mention of a partial loading was associated with viewing on a tablet or not, which is why i asked the question here.

However, using your link (to avoid typos), i get the page to load properly, so i am a bit puzzled as to what is really being seen by my customers. If nobody had mentioned any issue in this forum, while visiting my store, I would never have known, which then makes it hard to fix an issue i am not aware and can't even see.
    Last edited by CaroleAs; 24 Oct 2017 at 11:02 AM.