Plugin Contributions

Default Product Listings: What triggers "... more info" and "Buy Now" buttons?

Hi,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use "...more info" as my default button for pages that display lists of products.

Here is a link to my cart (zc155e, using a clone of Responsive Classic):
    https://002mc.justmedical.biz/index....index&cPath=23

As you can see, some products display the "... more info", others the "Buy Now". How is that happening? What is triggering it?

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

+++
    NOTE: If you do not see "... more info", look for buttons that say "View Details". I may have already updated the language file.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listings: What triggers "... more info" and "Buy Now" buttons?

More info is at least first presented when the product has attributes that could affect the selection of the product. I.e. option value 1 or option value 2. Option name 1 (with options) or Option Name 2 (with options). I have seen code (off the top of my head not sure if only recently added or not or just in theory) where if a product has one attribute and there is no selection option then that product can be directly added to the cart without user choice being made. Ie. read-only attributes would be a good reason to not show the need to be on the product page in order to add the product to the cart. But the version of zen_has_product_attributes at which I'm looking at doesn't make an allowance for just one attribute option value as identifying that it can be added directly to the cart.

An alternate option is to basically always require going to the product itself (effectively presenting the more info... type button for all product), but that is not what you appear to be wanting to accomplish so is not a reason for you seeing more info... in the current arrangement.

As to trigger specifically? It is code in the includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php file such as this:

Code:
    // more info in place of buy now
            $lc_button = '';
            if (zen_has_product_attributes($listing->fields['products_id']) or PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE_BUY_NOW == '0') {
              $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
            } else {
    That establishes the button to display more info...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 1 Nov 2017 at 05:56 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Listings: What triggers "... more info" and "Buy Now" buttons?

Thanks, MC.

I had seen that code in the product_listing.php file and considered trying to close it off.

Can I simply replace it with this:
    Code:
    // more info in place of buy now
            $lc_button = '';
            (zen_has_product_attributes($listing->fields['products_id']) or PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE_BUY_NOW == '0') {
              $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
            }

Plugin Contributions

That didn't work, obviously.

You know, I've never had a problem doing this before. Here is a zc154 where every prod listing gives the View Details ("... more info") button.
    https://smtsuppliesDOTcom/Fume_Dust_...tion_Arms_Kits

And another cart, this one older (zc139h):
    https://www.med-partsDOTcom/Centrifuges/COULTER/S880

I really, really don't want to alter the code. I just want to figure out what triggers the behavior (w/o having to add options, whatever).

Plugin Contributions

Ok, got it working by doing something I had done a dozen times before. I must of flipped another switch somewhere else too, but I have no idea where.

Anyway, ultimately I went back to where I started: Admin>Configuration>Product Listing>Display Product Add to Cart Button.

When I set that to zero, every product suddenly displayed the "... more info" (View Details) button.

I'm taking this to the bank and moving on. Thanks for you help, MC!

Plugin Contributions

Ohhh.. Are you wanting then the More Info... to always show?

Then goto Configuration->Product Listing and change the setting of 'Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)' to 0 and all product will show the More Info... button, assuming that's what you wanted..

Plugin Contributions

Bingo. Super sorry about the lack of clarity in my OP!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Bingo. Super sorry about the lack of clarity in my OP!
    Other than the sort of emphasis after the first sentence implying (misread) that it was desired to NOT have more info... displayed, your first sentence was quite clear.

I got more focused on addressing the "why" than the how to... all good. :)