Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't log in to admin at all

My site was on PHP 5.6. The Stamps.com people told me their software required PHP 7.0 so I called my hosting server and asked to be changed to 7. They did that, and afterward I couldn't log in to the admin side at all. They changed the PHP version back to 5.6, but I still can't log in. I'm getting the message "[an error occurred while processing this directive]" when \admin\login.php is executed. I've looked at the error logs via ftp and don't see anything logged.

They swear they didn't do anything besides change the PHP version, and then change it back, but it's basically useless to me at the moment, since I can't get to my orders. Help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log in to admin at all

In doing some investigating, I see that this can be related to file permissions. But as far as I can tell, all the directories are set to 755 and all the files to 644, just as they always have been.

Plugin Contributions

This is the piece of code that's being reported as causing the error:

<?
    echo "URL: http://$_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]$_SERVER[REQUEST_URI]<br>\n";
    $fixer = "checksuexec ".escapeshellarg($_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT].$_SERVER[REQUEST_URI]);
    echo `$fixer`;
    ?>

</body></html>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    This is the piece of code that's being reported as causing the error:

<?
    echo "URL: http://$_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]$_SERVER[REQUEST_URI]<br>\n";
    $fixer = "checksuexec ".escapeshellarg($_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT].$_SERVER[REQUEST_URI]);
    echo `$fixer`;
    ?>

</body></html>
    That does not seem to be part of the standard (core) ZC code.

Do you have something like BeyondCompare or WinMerge which you can use to do a file comparison of the content of your admin/includes folder and the admin/includes of the core install files? Alternatively compare the live files to a recent set of backup files.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but none of the files have change dates later than when they were first installed. I had already looked for that. And now that I'm awake again, I see that that code is being generated by the 500.shtml program anyway. It's not part of Zencart. The actual error from the Apache error log is

AH01271: exec used but not allowed in /example../.../500.shtml

In looking that up, I see that it relates to a server side include that should be in my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file. But there is no httpd directory under /etc, or at least it isn't visible to me. And actually, it appears that this is related to basic Apache server configuration, which I wouldn't be able to do anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Will say this, don't "trust" file date/time modification as a specific means to identify the change status of a file/folder... it can be altered to "hide" the change, but the actual contents of the file (generally speaking) which take action will be visible and be able to identify a difference.

Perhaps it is just a server configuration issue to be addressed by your host, but it may also be a smart thing to compare the files to a known clean fileset anyways considering the trouble that has been had.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Will say this, don't "trust" file date/time modification as a specific means to identify the change status of a file/folder... it can be altered to "hide" the change, but the actual contents of the file (generally speaking) which take action will be visible and be able to identify a difference.

Perhaps it is just a server configuration issue to be addressed by your host, but it may also be a smart thing to compare the files to a known clean fileset anyways considering the trouble that has been had.
    I've restored login.php, but I can run Beyond Compare.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-C27 View Post
    No, it's not even getting to that point. It's dying before displaying the login screen or anything else. It isn't generating an error in the Zencart error logs. And in addition, this happened when an employee of the hosting company was making changes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    No, it's not even getting to that point. It's dying before displaying the login screen or anything else. It isn't generating an error in the Zencart error logs. And in addition, this happened when an employee of the hosting company was making changes.
    So getting a blank screen then? Perhaps also going through the actions of: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...art-of-a-page)

In particular the "advanced developer option". Just to be sure. May also be a coding issue with the associated file that it has an error in it that blocks ZC reporting.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast