Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 155e install only has classic_responsive in template_select folder

New install and was going to use lat9's clone-a-template plugin to clone one of the default templates prior to beginning any customizations. The cloned template didn't show up in the list when navigating to the template selection tab within zc admin

That's when I noticed classic green was not present either, though the files appear in the appropriate directories.
    database template_select table only has responsive_classic as an entry.

Something apparently didn't happen during install that is affecting this. Same results using a different server (same host)

Suggestions on where to look?
    is gzip extension required. I saw a notice of some sort during install but proceeded with the install since the notice appeared to be an observation; not a show-stopper.
    ==============================

zc 155e vanilla install
    php5.6.31
    MySQL 5.5.5-10.1.28-MariaDB
    Linux 3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64
    HTTP Server: LiteSpeed

zero plugins have been uploaded/installed

Upload 155e zip file to server subfolder /155e
    Extract
    Create new db and new db user
    run zc_install
    the only template selectable is responsive_classic
    Classic contemporary green files appear to be present
    template_select table only has responsive classic

Same install on a different server yields same result

Something is not right and as a result lat9 clone-a-template plugin creates template files but does not write the cloned template name to the template_select folder

None of the 7 zcInstallLog files show anything meaningful to me
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 155e install only has classic_responsive in template_select folder

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the other post on this subject in the clone a template support thread.
    First thing I do when something of this nature shows up is do a compare between an unzipped installation fileset and what's on the computer.
    Once, found the problem as the zip threw an error on extract.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned in the other post on this subject in the clone a template support thread.
    Yes it has. The suggestion was that since Classic Green was not placed within the template_select database table, that would be an issue that could be the issue with Clone a Template.

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    First thing I do when something of this nature shows up is do a compare between an unzipped installation fileset and what's on the computer.
    Once, found the problem as the zip threw an error on extract.
    Since the "Hash" matched, I assumed the download from sourceforge was intact.

The response is the same on 2 different servers.
    Since others cannot recreate the problem, I am more inclined to think the issue is related to specific server setup but that issue is beyond my paygrade and I don't have a 'trophy' to show the host and without that, it is difficult to just say "It doesn't work properly, please fix it". We both know how far that would go.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

A couple obvious things to check. Does the template directory actually exist in includes/templates? If yes does that directory contain template_info.php? If yes is the template name correct in that file?

Since it works correctly for me we can take a look at the server configuration if the other stuff is correct. I'm running php 7.0 on the test site I used.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    A couple obvious things to check. Does the template directory actually exist in includes/templates?
    Yes, they do. classic_green, clone of classic_green and clone of responsive_classic

If yes does that directory contain template_info.php? If yes is the template name correct in that file?
    Yes, directory contains template_info.php
    Yes, template name is correct

For classic_green, CLONE and CLONE2

Since it works correctly for me we can take a look at the server configuration if the other stuff is correct. I'm running php 7.0 on the test site I used.
    My 2 sandbox servers are in shared hosting accounts
    My live server is VPS but I have a rule for myself that I don't use it for any separate testing installs.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

From all this discussion, it appears that one area where this issue is being seen is when visiting YOUR_ADMIN/template_select.php

And that the right side of the screen is not offering any option other than the default (responsive_classic) template.

If that is the case, then it would appear that something is "wrong" with YOUR_ADMIN/template_select.php in your environment.
    There are a few things PHP related that are expected or have changed which may not yet have been incorporated into the version that you are accessing.

One specifically is the conversion of use of each to foreach as provided in this ZC commit discussion: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/1377

Seems though that if this were the problem then none of the options would be presented rather than just the one...

Another relates to file loading/reading to obtain the data for the template list.

This would likely be best seen by adding some debugging code into the while loop for collecting the files.

ie.:
    find:
    Code:
      while ($file = $dir->read()) {
        if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES . $file) && $file != 'template_default') {
          if (file_exists(DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES . $file . '/template_info.php')) {
            require(DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES . $file . '/template_info.php');
            $template_info[$file] = array('name' => $template_name,
                                          'version' => $template_version,
                                          'author' => $template_author,
                                          'description' => $template_description,
                                          'screenshot' => $template_screenshot);
          }
        }
      }
    And modify to include the below in red.
    Code:
      while ($file = $dir->read()) {
        if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES . $file) && $file != 'template_default') {
    trigger_error('file: ' . $file, E_USER_WARNING);
          if (file_exists(DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES . $file . '/template_info.php')) {
    trigger_error('file_exists: ' . $file . '/template_info.php', E_USER_WARNING);
            require(DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES . $file . '/template_info.php');
            $template_info[$file] = array('name' => $template_name,
                                          'version' => $template_version,
                                          'author' => $template_author,
                                          'description' => $template_description,
                                          'screenshot' => $template_screenshot);
    trigger_error('template_info: ' . print_r($template_info[$file], true), E_USER_WARNING);
          }
        }
      }
    Open the template select page,
    then review the logs folder for a new mydebug log.
    Provide the information collected (if any).

Could even try to rename the responsive_classic directory to something like b_responsive_classic so that alphabetically it is before classic and see if that causes a change in the display. There doesn't appear to be anything that forces the inclusion of the default name, which also might imply that there is some sort of scripting present that prevents further display of the items in the list if at least the items to be modified related to the above commit are not the problem.

As far as the template_select table, ZC 1.5.5 has made responsive_classic the default and there has been only one record upon installation for the version/sub-versions of ZC 1.5.5.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 1 Nov 2017 at 08:44 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So it is a feature of the 155 variants to NOT have classic green in the template_select table for use? Even though the recommendation is to make all customizations using classic green and then switch to responsive classic?

I have one response to my issue that indicates classic green IS installed and available after a vanilla 155e install. Not sure how both can be right.

I'll see what your debugging code provides. Right not, the vanilla install yields zero mydebug files and clone-a-template install yields zero mydebug files that have any meaningful, related data that I can see.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    So it is a feature of the 155 variants to NOT have classic green in the template_select table for use? Even though the recommendation is to make all customizations using classic green and then switch to responsive classic?

I have one response to my issue that indicates classic green IS installed and available after a vanilla 155e install. Not sure how both can be right.

I'll see what your debugging code provides. Right not, the vanilla install yields zero mydebug files and clone-a-template install yields zero mydebug files that have any meaningful, related data that I can see.
    From my read of the template_select.php file and having seen how some templates touch ZC, the template_select table appears to contain information related to the current template(s) and has nothing to do with the available templates. Available templates are identified by the information asked by badarac. Folder exists, file exists, contents within file. From there, there are operations performed to make selection of the desired template possible.

Regarding the template_select table, have you ever wondered why the left side of the screen "only" shows one record? If there were more than one record what would it mean? Well I've seen at least one install where two templates were active for a site, a "desktop" version and a "mobile" version. In such a setup, both templates were shown on the left side of the screen, which is the list of information associated with the template_select table.

How another plugin uses that information is independent of the issue described it seems. I also think that regarding this area of the plugin that it is trying to duplicate even the multiple records (if they exist) as part of the current template not that it is copying all templates at once.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Can't use the quote feature right now. Forum not playing nice.

the mydebug generated indicates error on line 14 which is a blank line when the template_select.php file is opened in notepad+

Regarding the issue. Chalk it up to a DUH, dumbass user who has forgotten how to read all the way across a 25" spread out screen. Or trying to read the screen without putting on the cheaters after both cataracts replaced.

Looks like things are working as intended when I properly read the screen. 2 weeks wasted on my part and I've wasted a few hours of everyone else's time with my dumbass reading.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Glad you figured it out. The good news is that I now have a clean 1.5.5e install with a cloned template. ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast