Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Collect Info Through Tabs In New Style (CITTINS) [Support Thread]

This is the support thread fot CITTINS v1.0
    for now it can be downloaded from: github

What does this module do?

The current collect info page can be quite long, specially when having multiple languages, and extra fields. This is not very user friendly. Therefore I started searching for a better solution.
    After looking at many other shopping cart frameworks, I have a pretty good idea of how I want the new collect info page to look. It will be a page with tabs for different categories of information. The default tabs are:

• General
    • Data
    • Manufacturer

This is the information that is currently available by default on the product collect info pages, with one exception, I added the meta tags to the collect page.
    Extra Tabs

There are some extra tabs available at this time of writing:

• Discounts
      • This tab can be used to add quantity discounts to a product. Although it is a standard function in Zen Cart it is well hidden

• Information
      • Very basic, needs updating with more useful info

• Product Attributes
      • This tab adds the full functionality off the Attributes controller page to your product edit page.

• Category
      • Adds the ability to link products to multiple categories, and to set the master category.

Future development

In future releases I plan on adding extra info, by using more drop in modules. This way others can contribute by writing their own tabs, that will be included by dropping the files in a specific folder (for example: admin/includes/modules/extra_tabs). Extra tabs that are planned are:

• Specials / featured (maybe one tab, combined in the Discounts tab, or multiple)
    • Product history
    • Product reports (Views, purchases, etc.)
    • Also I a want to add ajax to add things like (additional) images dynamically, or a dynamic preview eliminating the need for the preview_info.php, and update_product.php files.

Some screen shots
    image1
    image2
    image3
    Last edited by Design75; 1 Nov 2017 at 11:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Collect Info Through Tabs In New Style (CITTINS) [Support Thread]

So I took a run at installing this, but ran into a problem trying to merge core file changes.

To my zc155e, I've added:
    Image Handler 4
    Zen Lightbox
    Ceon URI

Ultimately I surrendered while trying to merge the module files, at the first one (of three) I attempted: collect_info.php

Your rewrite was so different that I couldn't figure out where to stick Ceon's 2 of 2. And I'm *not* a coder, so I was uncomfortable trying to guess.

As cool, useful, convenient as this tool looks, I going to have to make due until zc1.6 comes out.

Thanks anyway!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    In future releases I plan on adding extra info, by using more drop in modules. This way others can contribute by writing their own tabs, that will be included by dropping the files in a specific folder (for example: admin/includes/modules/extra_tabs). Extra tabs that are planned are:

• Specials / featured (maybe one tab, combined in the Discounts tab, or multiple)
    • Product history
    • Product reports (Views, purchases, etc.)
    • Also I a want to add ajax to add things like (additional) images dynamically, or a dynamic preview eliminating the need for the preview_info.php, and update_product.php files.
    Nice.. was easy to install and set-up. I added another tab and moved over the items I use.. was a bit interesting figuring out how the tabs worked, but once I got them down, the rest was easy. I'll have to modify my auction product page and add it there too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	extradata.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	17392
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah,the collect page has been rewritten for a large part, and I understand it can be scary. When I started out 10 years ago I was the same as you. I had no Idea how to code, or how to make changes.
    I will look in to your CEON problem, and add the extra code for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    So I took a run at installing this, but ran into a problem trying to merge core file changes.

To my zc155e, I've added:
    Image Handler 4
    Zen Lightbox
    Ceon URI

Ultimately I surrendered while trying to merge the module files, at the first one (of three) I attempted: collect_info.php

Your rewrite was so different that I couldn't figure out where to stick Ceon's 2 of 2. And I'm *not* a coder, so I was uncomfortable trying to guess.

As cool, useful, convenient as this tool looks, I going to have to make due until zc1.6 comes out.

Thanks anyway!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you like it , and that you were able to add new tabs. If you like, you can send me the files, so I can add them to the package.
    Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Nice.. was easy to install and set-up. I added another tab and moved over the items I use.. was a bit interesting figuring out how the tabs worked, but once I got them down, the rest was easy. I'll have to modify my auction product page and add it there too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	extradata.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	17392

Plugin Contributions

@Feznizzle, and others using CEON. Here is the link to v1.0 with the CEON code already merged in place: https://github.com/Zen4All-nl/Zen-Cart-Collect-Info-Through-Tabs-In-New-Style/archive/ceon-uri.zip

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Glad you like it , and that you were able to add new tabs. If you like, you can send me the files, so I can add them to the package.
    I had a bug popup, but it was after I made some other changes.. the master category ID was erased on a product update which caused a die 'I WOULD NOT ADD'

I see why it did that, but I think its from the standard update side then the category tab.. the fix for me was to change udate_product.php line..

Code:
    $update_sql_data = array( 'products_last_modified' => 'now()', 'master_categories_id' => ($_POST['master_category'] > 0 ? zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['master_category']) : zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['master_categories_id'])));
    to:
    Code:
    $update_sql_data = array( 'products_date_added' => 'now()', 'master_categories_id' => (int)$current_category_id);
    which resolved the issue with the missing Category ID...

The edits I did was to split the extra tabs folders so I could have a common folder and a product type folder for tabs. The common folder would load tabs for all product types and the other just for that product type. I didn't see any other way to get an extra data tab for standard products and than do the same for auction products where both had different data needs.
    Attaching the extra data folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dave,
    I'll have a look at it.
    Product type were on my to-do list.
    Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I had a bug popup, but it was after I made some other changes.. the master category ID was erased on a product update which caused a die 'I WOULD NOT ADD'

I see why it did that, but I think its from the standard update side then the category tab.. the fix for me was to change udate_product.php line..

Code:
    $update_sql_data = array( 'products_last_modified' => 'now()', 'master_categories_id' => ($_POST['master_category'] > 0 ? zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['master_category']) : zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['master_categories_id'])));
    to:
    Code:
    $update_sql_data = array( 'products_date_added' => 'now()', 'master_categories_id' => (int)$current_category_id);
    which resolved the issue with the missing Category ID...

The edits I did was to split the extra tabs folders so I could have a common folder and a product type folder for tabs. The common folder would load tabs for all product types and the other just for that product type. I didn't see any other way to get an extra data tab for standard products and than do the same for auction products where both had different data needs.
    Attaching the extra data folder.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE:

It is taking a bit longer to submit this module. Making some bug fixes.
    Version 1.0.1 has been submitted.
    Once approved it can be found here

Plugin Contributions

Cittins 1.0.1 is now available in the downloads section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast