Thread: reviews error

Plugin Contributions

Default reviews error

Last version of zencart (5.5) and ceon
    hello
    I am using Ceon Uri last version downloaded today and I have a problem with the reviews. the url seems fine but don't work :
    ex : "https://www.ios.fr/index.php?main_page=reviews" give me all the reviews with their url, here no problem but when i want to go to a specific review, the url like https://www.ios.fr/cours-gestion/support-de-cours-sage-paie-i7/review?reviews_id=45" doesn't work.
    https://www.ios.fr/cours-gestion/sup...s-sage-paie-i7 is ok
    https://www.ios.fr/cours-gestion/sup...paie-i7/review is ok
    https://www.ios.fr/cours-gestion/sup...?reviews_id=45 is not ok bur the review_id "45" is fine
    The check of ceon is ok. I try to disable "automanage reviews page" without success.
    With the suggestion of mc12345678, I found it was not ceon but zencart by disabling ceon and the ceon htaccess and having the same problem.
    And yes I have the same problem with ceon desactivated and the htaccess without the ceon lines.
    So it is zencart and not ceon but i just don't see the problem.
    I have no access to the logs directory (too much files ?)
    one idea ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: reviews error

When you say you don't have access to the logs directory, can you elaborate?

Are you as a user, not allowed to access it?
    Does it not appear in your list of directories?
    If you try to access it does it time out in trying to load it?
    What are the folder permissions to the logs directory? (755 would be expected)

By the way, the specific reviews_id relates to a specific review to a specific product. There will not be the same reviews_id for each and every product, so attempting to access reviews_id=45 for each of the above links would not work.

That said, I have attempted to access a "wrong" requests_id of a vanilla ZC 1.5.5e site and not received the error that occurs on your site (something similar to: WARNING an error has occurred, please refresh the page and try again.)

Some suggestions to at least maybe determine if it is related to your template files or not is to temporarily change to one of the default templates and reattempt the process. Having access to your logs directory though is important.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

for the logs, it is time out. I use filezilla and I am triing with coreftp.
    for the reviews, the tables are ok and yes id=45 is just an exemple
    for the template, i am going to try it.
    for me, the syntax is correct, the bd is correct so I am looking at the files used for this request

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bilbaxo View Post
    for the logs, it is time out. I use filezilla and I am triing with coreftp.
    for the reviews, the tables are ok and yes id=45 is just an exemple
    for the template, i am going to try it.
    for me, the syntax is correct, the bd is correct so I am looking at the files used for this request
    Based on that, yes I would say that your logs folder probably has so many logs that filezilla is having an issue of trying to access it.

Recommendation slightly modified from what I said in the Ceon URI Mappings folder is this:
    Generate a new directory in your catalog possibly named logs2 that contains the files of a vanilla ZC install of the logs folder: .htaccess, index.html, and index.php
    Then rename the logs folder on your site (to say logs3)
    Rename the logs2 folder to logs.
    Then keep an eye on the logs folder at least for a while.

Also, could install display logs from the ZC downloads section which would allow you to see the logs from within the ZC admin and delete at least 20 at a time (default setting of number to display).

Plugin Contributions

And if the renaming of folders doesn't work for you with your current ftp client, then an alternative to renaming the folders is to set your logs to go to the newly created folder:
    Change the permissions of includes/configure.php to allow editing (644), open the file in a plain text editor, somewhere after the define for DIR_FS_CATALOG add:
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'logs2');
    Using whatever directory name has been chosen for your new logs directory (I previously suggested logs2.

Then do a similar change for admin/includes/configure.php

When done restore permissions to 444.

Plugin Contributions

thank you for your advice.
    I change filezilla for coreftp and could rename logs into oldlogs, create a new directory "logs" and delete the files in the old (about 400 files for one day since 06/2015...)
    So i could read the log and it seems there is a problem with the name of a field of the database.
    I had no time to look further but i see to it this afternoon...

Plugin Contributions

As I said : Unknown column 'rd.reviews_reply_text' in 'field list'
    [09-Nov-2017 15:54:51 Europe/Paris] Request URI: /cours-word/manuel-de-formation-word-2010-niveau-1/review?reviews_id=36, IP address: 10.108.26.133
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:167]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:139]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:266]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_info/header_php.php:94]
    #5 require(/home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_info/header_php.php) called at [/home/ioswtyrv/www/index.php:36]

[09-Nov-2017 15:54:51 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'rd.reviews_reply_text' in 'field list' :: SELECT rd.reviews_text, r.reviews_rating, r.reviews_id, r.customers_name, rd.reviews_reply_text,
    r.date_added, r.reviews_read, p.products_id, p.products_price,
    p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, p.products_model, pd.products_name
    FROM ios_reviews r, ios_reviews_description rd, ios_products p, ios_products_description pd
    WHERE r.reviews_id = 36
    AND r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id
    AND rd.languages_id = 2
    AND r.products_id = p.products_id
    AND p.products_status = '1'
    AND p.products_id = pd.products_id
    AND pd.language_id = 2 and r.status = '1' ==> (as called by) /home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_info/header_php.php on line 94 <== in /home/ioswtyrv/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167
    I look at it

Plugin Contributions

here it is : I delete the field "rd.reviews_reply_text" in the list of header_php.php and everything is fine...
    Strange

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bilbaxo View Post
    here it is : I delete the field "rd.reviews_reply_text" in the list of header_php.php and everything is fine...
    Strange
    Yes, that appears to have been a remnant of some other plugin that was installed as a default install of ZC does not have that field in the reviews_description table. Perhaps someone can identify which plugin has/had that to round out this issue. Further, whatever plugin it is probably could use some updating to not require modification of the header_php.php file through the use of the observer system.