Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express checkout without account force to create new paypal account

Quote Originally Posted by imen View Post
    I do not want to create a pp account with cc payment without a pp acount.
    #2 shows it does allow cc payment without a pp acount, but must create an acount at check out. The second part is not what I want.
    I want cc payment, with no pp existing nor new account to be created.
    In case someone else has the same issue, serveral things I tried in combination and maraculously it worked!
    1, changed fore mentioned file line 1607
    2, in the same file, also changed what's suggested in this post
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....l-account-quot
    3, in zencart admin, deleted existing pp express module and reinstalled it
    4, in pp account profile, my selling tool, web preferences, paypal account optional - set to off, save and then set it back on and save
    5, slept over night

Not sure if all were relatevent, but I woke up in the morning, maracle happened.
    My site is now taking CC as guest, no strings attached!
    I assume, in the process of setting things on and off, reintergrating pp module triggered some setting while communicating with PP.

Thank you all for helping!
    Last edited by imen; 9 Nov 2017 at 04:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express checkout without account force to create new paypal account

I had upgraded to version 1.5.6a and have found the same issue, whereby it was forcing Guests to register for a PP account. I performed the following

- Contacted PP who said that the account settings were correct.
    - I toggled the PP settings from "Off" to "On" and still no difference
    - I then followed the recommendation - https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....l-account-quot
    - I also made changes to as noted here - https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-account/page2 - changing the CONTEXT to SOLE
    - I retested the site and all was working instantly..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by konmanos View Post
    I had upgraded to version 1.5.6a and have found the same issue, whereby it was forcing Guests to register for a PP account. I performed the following

- Contacted PP who said that the account settings were correct.
    - I toggled the PP settings from "Off" to "On" and still no difference
    - I then followed the recommendation - https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....l-account-quot
    - I also made changes to as noted here - https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-account/page2 - changing the CONTEXT to SOLE
    - I retested the site and all was working instantly..
    Please note that the above should have read MARK to SOLE ---- note CONTEXT - sorry

Additionally, I tested by leaving the 'MARK' in place, and the result was that the customer was forced to create a PayPal account, with no option to pay by CCARD. The only option they had was to login using a PP account, or register for a PP account.

I then changed the MARK to SOLE and tested again and it was found that the customer had an option to login in using a PP account, and/or Pay by CCARD.

Thanks to all the Zenners as it has assisted us to resolve.

Plugin Contributions

For those in Japan---and perhaps this will work for other countries too---Express Checkout does not permit only credit card processing. Customers are forced to sign up to Paypal. On the other hand, if one enters a locality of USA for example in payment form page, the sign-up for Paypal disappears. This is simply a service limitation for Japan.
    Aside: Whether I can get around this with the Braintree module I have not yet ascertained.

So, I decided to ask Paypal what their options are, and indeed one can on an individual basis ask for the setting to be changed, with some reservations. Here the reply from July 12th 2019 from Paypal Japan.
    Good day! This is Miya, from Japan PayPal.
    Thank you for contacting PayPal.I am very glad to help with your inquiry.

When your customer pay you on the website,it will be randomly to let them to create paypal account.
    Means randomly your customer can pay you without making paypal account or our system will not let them pay you if they don't make one paypal account.
    Because paypal provides buyer and seller protection policy.
    If your customer pay you by using guest account which means pay with credit card without official paypal account,you and your customer will be out of protection.
    If you want all your customers can pay you without making paypal account,we can provide two option for you.

1.You can apply WPP(web payment plus) through paypal homepage which costs you 3000JPY per month.
    Please check the following link to check the details and application.

For check details:
    https://www.paypal.com/jp/webapps/mpp/developer/wpp

For apply:
    https://www.paypal.com/jp/webapps/mpp/contact-us-wpp

2.We can ask our related department to set your account that your customer will be able to pay you without making paypal account.
    It is free but we can not guarantee you how long it will be last for.
    You might need to contact us again if it had been paused.
    If you want to apply this service,please reply us and we will ask our related department to set your account.
    And we will send you email to let you know if it has been done which takes 2-3 business days.
    So the reservation is that Paypal no longer provides protection for either buyer or seller when checking out with guest account, in Japan.
    For those who would like to keep Paypal as an option, even without the protection, and I will try this to see if it works, I will ask them to change the settings for me. Hope this is useful, for what it's worth.

I'm also investigating Square, Stripe, and will try the Braintree module as well.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imen View Post
    I do not want to create a pp account with cc payment without a pp acount.
    #2 shows it does allow cc payment without a pp acount, but must create an acount at check out. The second part is not what I want.
    I want cc payment, with no pp existing nor new account to be created.
    Unless PP has changed policy recently, and I have no reason to think they might, there are parameters or triggers that will force the create a PayPal account to be created regardless of any setting.

PayPal is in business to make money by transactions and processing a credit card w/o using PP bypasses their revenue stream.

Because of this, after an email address and/or CC has been used 10 times without creating a PP account, PP software REQUIRES a PP account to be created. Any transaction over $2799.99 also requires a PP account to be created. That 10 times is anywhere, any website so your website could be the lucky 10th use of an email address on the first checkout on your website.

PP consumer support may not have that info available in their scripts but business support or business account managers are well aware of those parameters.
    Last edited by RixStix; 13 Jul 2019 at 06:35 PM. Reason: typo/clarity
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Feedback from Paypal: when they enable guest checkout for an account in those locations where usually guest checkout requires creating at the same time a Paypal account, this only works for the live/production account. Not for the sandbox account.

So one would have to use the live account to see if the checkout screen is as expected (no forced create paypal account section).

Since this setting may stop working at any time, according to Paypal, and they will have to set it again in that case, there remains the overhead of checking this regularly on the live account!
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123