Plugin Contributions

Default Something happened to the DB

Hi all,

I am hoping that my problem is a little one but I doubt it.

Earlier today I connected the db to my Coda2.

I didn't do anything to the DB or configure file but when I went to the store to check it I got the system setup required screen as if it were a new uncompleted installation.

I have poured over the config files and cannot see anything wrong, I can log into phpmyadmin ok so the DB must be working, just not connected somehow to ZC.

I would appreciate any very simple advice.

the problem can be seen at

https://thelionpotter.com/store

Thankyou all in advance for any help you are able to offer - DB idiot here so I need simple instructions or pictures LOL.

I can send copies of files you need to see in private.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Something happened to the DB

So the important part is pretty much in paragraph 3:
    [quote]1. This is your first time using Zen Cart® and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

2. Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    Additionally, if the permissions have been changed on your configure.php files, then maybe they're too low for the files to be read.
    Or the configure.php files could be missing altogether.
    Or your hosting company has recently changed the server's PHP configuration (or upgraded its version) then they may have broken things as well.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.
    3. Additional *IMPORTANT* Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set[/code]

Either the server's location has changed (which would explain an issue with a path such as DIR_FS_CATALOG) or the store was internally moved as the two most likely culprits. The message is not directly indicating a problem with reaching the database as is discussed in the OP, but instead leaning more towards the file location(s).

Now it does say that there is a problem with the includes/configure.php, but the problem would be what content is captured not that there are say missing or extra quotes.

As for determining the appropriate expected information, there's a few ways that might be expected. One would expect something to be available from the host's site to identify the path for the folder that has ZC in it. Could briefly add a file to the directories that when accessed would display the path (though some hosts may use a sort of farming of servers such that the current response may be different the next time it is accessed.

Pick a filename of your choosing that ends with .php:
    Code:
    <?php
    echo __DIR__;
    Access the file from your browser to see the path displayed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Something happened to the DB

Hi,

How would I go about finding someone on this platform that would fix this for me today and how much do you think it would cost if you have any ideas.

Could you do it?