Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CSS Mystery: Can't figure out where this is!

Hi,

I'm going absolutely bonkers trying to figure out where my "Sign In" button is getting it's grey/brown background:
    https://002mc.justmedical.biz/index.php?main_page=login

The inspector simply will not reveal it for me!!! I've checked both Chrome&Firefox inspectors... no dice!

Can some smart person take a look and tell me what the color is so I can look for it in my css files?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS Mystery: Can't figure out where this is!

Code:
    #navMain ul li a:hover {color:#cc3333;}
    stylesheet_colors_split.css line 30

Is that what you were searching for?

Plugin Contributions

Man that would have been awesome! Sadly, that's the color of text upon hover.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm trying to figure out where the brown/grey/whatever color is coming from on my "Log In" button... before a hover.

Here is a screen shot:
    Name:  brown.png
Views: 120
Size:  7.7 KB

Just above the blue, you can see my button. I want to know where the color inside that button is coming from. The background, not the text.

Plugin Contributions

In the stylesheet_css_buttons.css on Line 2 you've added a background-color. Is that what you wanted?

Plugin Contributions

Oh thanks, didn't think anybody was still looking.

If you were looking at a blue button, it's because added that statement to line 2.

I've removed it (it broke the hover effect on the button). Would you pretty please go take a peak again? I really want to find that brown/grey color and replace it with blue (#24629f).

Plugin Contributions

It may be that you've added something else in one of the stylesheets. We tried to keep all the colors in the stylesheet_colors_split.css but I'm finding several.
    Gotta go pay respects for a dear old friend.
    I'll look at it later. Meanwhile, you can use your developers tool kit to see how many stylesheets have button_login.

Plugin Contributions

You caught me! lol

I ended up deeply, deeply regretting the adding the Responsive Color Changes mod. Adding it stripped away surrounding context for everything I wanted to focus on, required me to have an extra css file open every time I worked, and led to me *constantly* running multiple searches each every time I wanted to edit any colors. Even within the stylesheet_colors_split.css itself, the colors are split apart for elements... text color is here, background is there, etc, etc.

I love the idea behind centralizing all the colors, but the reality of using it was painful. By the time I realized my mistake, I had made so many template/css alterations that reverting would require insane amounts of work.

When I realized I had made a mistake, at first I decided that whenever I changed something in the split file, I'd simply bring it back to the main stylesheet. But the problem with that was lack of context. Many css elements are required to be done in a specific order. This split file is done correctly, but when I pulled stuff out I wasn't sure where to put it and that caused problems.

That (my moving stuff from the split file) is probably the source of my button issues. CSS effects like hover, etc, must be done in a very specific order and I'm sure I've screwed that up!

Soooo, good call.

Still wish I could figure out where that brown/grey color is coming from. I've used two different browser inspectors, still can't find it.

I'm off to grep for button_login references.

+++
    Btw, Cindy, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences and prayers are with you.

Plugin Contributions

Only one button_login reference and it is contained within responsive_mobile.css:

input.cssButton.submit_button.button.button_send, .button_send:hover, input.cssButton.submit_button.button.button_login, .button_login:hover, input.cssButton.submit_button.button.button_update, .button_update:hover, .button_submit:hover{width:100%;padding: 12px 30px 30px 30px;}

Plugin Contributions

That brown/grey color is actually coming from the lack of definition of what to have there... it appears to be a default color for the browser(s).

Follow me here:
    Inspect one of the three css buttons on your login page. I'm using firefox.
    Go to the computed tab on the right side of the screen.
    Select browser styles.
    Scroll down to background-color.
    You will see rgb(240, 240, 240)
    That is at least the color brought to me and identified as being from the resource://gre-resources/forms.css

So to "change" it, really is to identify what you want it to be and to place it in the appropriate file and or position depending on the desired result.

I found three possible existing locations in which to add it so that all three buttons would be affected the same way, of course this would be on every page as well.
    Stylesheet.css:551
    Stylesheet_css_buttons.css:5
    Stylesheet_colors_split.css:140

Where the higher up in that list the less likely that the option would be overridden by something else.

Css manipulation isn't just about throwing some words at a page. It is yet another language associated with page display. Sequence, description, etc... all play an important factor in getting the desired result.

One shoule work with the css not fight with it as it seems like has been done after installing the modifications that were to make css manipulation easier/more centralized. (rewrote the "language"). Anyways, hope this helps a little.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, MC!

That was driving me nuts. I had noticed that firefox and chrome represented the color differently and had seen the resource (in chrome it was rgb(192,192,192)). But I could find no reference to either in my css. lol

Anyway, I agree with you. I should have gone with the flow, rather than trying to "simplify" css.

For that reason, I will spend my day undoing this blunder so that I can move forward sensibly. My template is a clone of Responive Classic. So I'm going to drop the default Responsive Classic css back into my current template, then merge my customizations over. Gonna be a long flipping day (grrrrr!), but it will make my life so much easier when it's over!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast