Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
Thanks, MC!

That was driving me nuts. I had noticed that firefox and chrome represented the color differently and had seen the resource (in chrome it was rgb(192,192,192)). But I could find no reference to either in my css. lol

Anyway, I agree with you. I should have gone with the flow, rather than trying to "simplify" css.

For that reason, I will spend my day undoing this blunder so that I can move forward sensibly. My template is a clone of Responive Classic. So I'm going to drop the default Responsive Classic css back into my current template, then merge my customizations over. Gonna be a long flipping day (grrrrr!), but it will make my life so much easier when it's over!
Well, I wish the tone of the following statement was could be more inspiring: Good luck!!!

I say this for the following reasons.

So, you followed a few pieces of advice to get to where you are currently. Clone a template, use this other plugin.

Now there is something about it that you're not happy with. I'm not sure what that is, but I can tell you that if you revert to just the default responsive_classic template and then try to make your site look like it did (starting to get time travel weird) without using the revised css files? You may be in for yet a longer day than anticipated.

From what I've seen, there are characteristics of the responsive_classic template "design" (arrangement? File sequencing?) that limit the ease of some of the customization unfortunately. Along comes this other plugin that splits things out and appears to solve some of those issues while also reworking the overall model.

Now add to that it appears from your own statements that even though the additional code made it somewhat easier to locate the things that have been defined, placing your modifications has been difficult to determine.

I would say that in a way some of the recommendations about reading on css and other general website design may be of benefit in this regards and while there may be some rub between those in the discussion, I would discourage you shooting yourself in the foot by trying to make several style changes to the default responsive_classic without at least expanding on some of the override capabilities for the css.