Plugin Contributions

Default Admin panel address redirects to website error page

Hi there, I have a brand new install of 1.5.5e with no plug ins or templates etc, just a clean install.
    I am installing it into a sub directory so it'll be www.exampledomain.com/store
    After install if I go to that address I see the zen store and it looks good, sample info installed and everything works fine.
    However if I go to the admin panel (the address given after installation is complete) then I get redirected to my websites error page.
    I have disabled .htaccess for now in the admin folder, this doesn't help.

I am at a total loss, everything is perfect apart from this, any help gratefully received, thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin panel address redirects to website error page

Most likely this is an issue with either the SSL certificate if installed or the admin/includes/configure.php file. The htaccess in the admin directory as provided by ZC would not directly cause this issue assuming your operating system is within the published constraints for use. The htaccess that would be a problem would be in either the store directory (would have been manually added) in the root directory (directory in which store is in) or above that.

The other alternative reason for some sort of error would likely be admin/includes/configure.php.

What was the source of your ZC package?

Are there any myDebug logs in the logs directory related to this? Refer to the most recent. If posting, please obscure information to remain private. If posting also just before pasting the content, please click the # symbol in the messagebox toolbar. This will encase the pasted content in code tags.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Most likely this is an issue with either the SSL certificate if installed or the admin/includes/configure.php file. The htaccess in the admin directory as provided by ZC would not directly cause this issue assuming your operating system is within the published constraints for use. The htaccess that would be a problem would be in either the store directory (would have been manually added) in the root directory (directory in which store is in) or above that.

The other alternative reason for some sort of error would likely be admin/includes/configure.php.

What was the source of your ZC package?

Are there any myDebug logs in the logs directory related to this? Refer to the most recent. If posting, please obscure information to remain private. If posting also just before pasting the content, please click the # symbol in the messagebox toolbar. This will encase the pasted content in code tags.
    Thanks for the reply, the source of the ZC was from a link on here, the official link.
    I will see if the htaccess file in the root could cause it, it's a joomla installation, again, nothing fancy really and I never changed the htaccess file.
    There is no SSL on the site, I may change this in the future but as of now there is none.
    Would it help if I attached the htaccess file? Or any other file?

Again, thank you for the help, I feel so close but so far away!

Plugin Contributions

It can feel that way. :)

All three of the following files would help either to identify or to rule out where the issue is at, though the first two deal directly with the install which shouldn't be an issue if they haven't been modified (beyond your obscuring sensitive data in them). Also, the logs folder off of store should be checked in the event that possibly the undisclosed php version is a factor.

1. store/includes/configure.php
    2. store/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php
    3. .htaccess
    4. store/logs (most recent myadminDebug)

Remember each of these potentially contains sensitive information such as DB_ credentials, admin directory (more so in the logs file), etc...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It can feel that way. :)

All three of the following files would help either to identify or to rule out where the issue is at, though the first two deal directly with the install which shouldn't be an issue if they haven't been modified (beyond your obscuring sensitive data in them). Also, the logs folder off of store should be checked in the event that possibly the undisclosed php version is a factor.

1. store/includes/configure.php
    2. store/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php
    3. .htaccess
    4. store/logs (most recent myadminDebug)

Remember each of these potentially contains sensitive information such as DB_ credentials, admin directory (more so in the logs file), etc...
    1Attached
    2Attached
    3 - Which htaccess should I attach?
    4 There are no logs in the folder, just a file called .gitignore

Thanks for the help, this is a real puzzler!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

In admin/includes/configure.php
    Change:
    Code:
    define('HTTP_HOST', 'http://www.webaddress.co.uk/tickadmin');
    To:
    Code:
    define('HTTP_HOST', 'http://www.webaddress.co.uk/tickets');
    And then suggest renaming your admin directory.

If instead you truly have your admin directory off of the base directory of the uri and not within the directory of the store, other changes will be needed.

Then in both files, recommend changing:
    Code:
    define('ENABLE_SSL', '');
    To:
    Code:
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

Plugin Contributions

As to the logs directory, there are files missing and a file present that shouldn't be there which also begs the question of the same thing occurring for other directories.

There should be an .htaccess file, an index.html file and an index.php file.

The permissions of the folder should be 755 or as permitted by host/server to be 777.

Also, as a matter of installing ZC, there should have been files associated with the install (zcInstallxxxx.log) type logs.

Regarding the htaccess request, the files above were presented in a folder structure based off of the area to which the store/catalog files were installed which has been identified as off of the tickets folder. So it would be good to first have the htaccess that is in the tickets folder (if one was manually added because ZC does not include one in that directory) and then we would work "up" towards next the one that is in the directory to which the uri specifically points (take off the tickets subdirectory from the address).

But I think your issue is centered around the HTTP_HOST setting and that the htaccess file(s) will be unnecessary.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there, the changes to admin/includes/configure.php worked a treat, thank you!
    Can I change the name of the sub directory to something more memorable for the admin log in? I will google it as well, but you're advice has been so great I thought I'd ask :)
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobber View Post
    Hi there, the changes to admin/includes/configure.php worked a treat, thank you!
    Can I change the name of the sub directory to something more memorable for the admin log in? I will google it as well, but you're advice has been so great I thought I'd ask :)
    Thanks!
    The admin folder YOUR_ADMIN, can generally as of ZC 1.5.1 be renamed at the folder level only and all work as expected. There are caveats to that: ie. some plugins will add an .htaccess file to the root of the store and in that file the admin directory may be specifically named. If so, that will need to be renamed as well. If the admin/includes/configure.php contents have a direct reference to the soon to be old admin directory name *ANYWHERE* then at least in ZC 1.5.5 your file is generated using the old method rather than an auto-detect method. There could be reason for this, but understand its a potential file to be changed. Some older plugins may reference the admin directory within them as entered by users. While such storage of the admin directory information in the database is discouraged and should have been removed by some form of update, it is yet one more potential place of change. There are a few directory names that are coded to be excluded: admin is one of them.

To the general user: go ahead and change it. Pick a name that is both easy to remember but hard to guess... while it is not a password but it is the entrance to your online operations.