Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default zen Return Manager (Support thread)

I was still thinking of some other things to add, but the database table is finished changing for now.

Actually, I've been using it live for some time before packaging it up and sending it out. There are so many different ideas on returns and cancels that its near impossible to make something that works on everything right out of the box.

This started out as another return module update. The user side was easy and created with Check-Out-With-Any-Account in mind so it never required log in. The admin side was a tag-along to the orders page which lacked the ability to do anything useful with a return. If you have Edit Order or Supper Orders installed you already have the ability to edit orders and do refunds, but you still not able to track or figure out whats what with returns and no one is thinking about cancels... I was amazed at how one super store did cancels and not just returns which is why cancels was added.

Return manager has basically three functions:
    Any one item or all in a order can be..
    1) Cancel if the order status is still in processing. (I loved how Ama2on did this one)
    2) Return any item that the status is above processing and within the stores return policy days. (auto RMA number is sent and posted)
    3) admin can cancel/set return status on any item in the order right from admin without pretending to be the customer!

At each of the three emails are sent to customer and store manager.

The order is not erased or modified by return manager. There are other good mods that can do this for you. I wanted something to track, maintain documentation of the return process. I did some coding so you have a calculator to figure out what the return dollars could be and so on... then a note is added to the order status comments so on the order page side you can do the return and not have to figure out the dollar amounts. Returns and cancels are maintained in there own table.

There are some edits to the user account order history and admin order page. The user account page is not necessary, the admin side is to aid admin in creating returns/cancels for a order and adds a button taking the order to return manager.

Install is as simple as I could think of... upload files, edit the two core files, access admin. Uninstall is a button click, remove added files, upload your backup of the two edited files.

If you have testimony manager installed, the button to add will show on the order status page. Buttons for reviews are displayed under each product. Based on the responsive default template of ZC155e, however its not limited to its javascript. The design is responsive without scripting and could be used on any template with some work.

I've not tested below ZC155e and php7.1..

Well be submitted shortly wanted to get this linked in the documents.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zen Return Manager (Support thread)

Thank you so much for creating this plugin.

I've installed it on 1.5.5e,
    1. the admin side
    - unable to save the order after inputting data for restocking fees and shipping charges

2. live shop (test site)
    - when users are required to login, the plugin doesn't display properly. Keep asking for login (even when I did). But when I removed the requirement to login, it shows properly
    - at landing page - there's some typo (copied and pasted from site; which of course we can edit by ourselves): "Leave us feedback by writing reviews or testimoalys!"
    - not sure which css code in stylesheet_order_status file breaks my left column.. causes disalignment (but I will try to work on this)

Sorry.. I am a newbie in all these stuffs. Just listing the problems that I faced >_<
    But thank you so much for the plugin!

P/s: A suggestion, can we choose to not allow cancellation? Only returns? :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by naczyls747 View Post
    1. the admin side
    - unable to save the order after inputting data for restocking fees and shipping charges
    Not sure what you are asking here! Orders are not modified by returns. Total estimated refunds are saved and posted to order comments. What was entered in the calculator is not saved. Would saving both calculator and totals than reposting next time the same return was open help?

- when users are required to login, the plugin doesn't display properly. Keep asking for login (even when I did). But when I removed the requirement to login, it shows properly
    Fixed. v1.0.1 -- This was not finished as it should of been. Now it responds as other login require pages and redirects to the login page. Login box removed from Order Status page, duplicate.

- at landing page - there's some typo (copied and pasted from site; which of course we can edit by ourselves): "Leave us feedback by writing reviews or testimoalys!"
    Fixed. v1.0.1 -- This was left over quick text that never was moved to language defines where spell-check occurs. Defines updated, language updated to match current code changes.

- not sure which css code in stylesheet_order_status file breaks my left column.. causes disalignment (but I will try to work on this)
    Fixed. v1.0.1 -- This was a missed placed closing DIV tag on the Order Table section. Removed.

P/s: A suggestion, can we choose to not allow cancellation? Only returns? :)
    Added. v1.0.1 -- Added switch in return configure to turn off cancels.

I have some more clean-up to do before sending the updated version in..
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Wow, thank you again for the immediate response! :)))

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Not sure what you are asking here! Orders are not modified by returns. Total estimated refunds are saved and posted to order comments. What was entered in the calculator is not saved. Would saving both calculator and totals than reposting next time the same return was open help?
    When I tried to "create return" from admin panel (under orders list),
    - it doesn't save the data I input under "Edit Totals". It will auto calculate the data, but would not update when I clicked on "save". Now that I think about it, are these inputs meant to be edited or it will just auto fill up? If it's the latter, could you please include how can we set up the required fields data?
    - the return address in red - shows all the correct figure (in red), after clicking "update" nothing happens..

Plugin Contributions

Wow, thank you again for the immediate response! :)))

When I tried to "create return" from admin panel (under orders list),
    - it doesn't save the data I input under "Edit Totals". It will auto calculate the data, but would not update when I clicked on "save". Now that I think about it, are these inputs meant to be edited or it will just auto fill up? If it's the latter, could you please include how can we set up the required fields data?
    - the return address in red - shows all the correct figure (in red), after clicking "update" nothing happens..
    This one is a bit different in that the quantity field is what removes or creates the return/cancel. If its quantity is zero, the return/cancel is deleted, grater then zero, the return/cancel is created. The code will not allow quantity grater then ordered. This field needs to be updated before address or return totals can be edited or saved. Return/cancels are based on items and not just the full order.

The button in the order page just takes you to the return page where once there you can tell it how many items and which ones to include in this return/cancel. Once that is done and the update button is hit, the rest of the info can be displayed and edited.

I'll look at modifying how the buttons are displayed so to make it easer to lead a user in the right direction.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am not too sure if I am doing it correctly on the admin panel.

I edit a few data in "edit totals" field and saved it, but it returns with original data >_<

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard0412.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	17497

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am not too sure if I am doing it correctly on the admin panel.

I edit a few data in "edit totals" field and saved it, but it returns with original data >_<
    Just sent in an update for review.

The update turns off buttons that are not yet available until you create the return/cancel.

• Fixed. v1.0.1 -- Now it responds as other login require pages and redirects to the login page. Login box removed from Order Status page, duplicate.
    • Fixed. v1.0.1 -- Removed quick text that never was moved to language defines where spell-check occurs. Defines updated, language updated to match current code changes.
    • Fixed. v1.0.1 -- Removed missed placed closing DIV tag on the Order Table section.
    • Fixed. v1.0.1 -- Save totals now saves all edited and estimated total to the database for retrieval next time the return is viewed or edited. Minimum in pack to the existing data table by use of an array instead of individual fields.
    • New. v1.0.1 -- Added switch in return configure to turn off cancels.
    • New. v1.0.1 -- Add the ability to send update or new email to customer and admin from the Return Manager page!

Updated my website and gethub pages with the new version.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Not displaying total correct when you use sidebox order tracking. The 0.7 is the tax. Now I am using one_page_checkout maybe that is the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

I tested it with one page checkout off and still not displaying order total correctly. I will see if I can fix it.

Plugin Contributions

If I change this line in tpl_order_status_default.php

PHP Code:
      <?php $i=2?>
    <h2><?php echo TEXT_ORDER_SUB_TOTAL $order->totals[0]['text'] . '<br />' TEXT_TOTAL $order->totals[2]['text']; ?></h2>
    </div></div>
    to the following it works but not sure if correct.

PHP Code:
    <?php

for ($i=0$n=sizeof($order->totals); $i<$n$i++) {
    ?>
    <h2><?php echo $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '<br />' $order->totals[$i]['text']; ?></h2>
    <?php

}
    ?>
    </div></div>
    Last edited by tmccaff; 31 Jan 2018 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast