Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax calculation problem - help please!

Wouldn't have a clue where to start fault finding that!!

Start a new post, "Why sort order doesn't work?"

We've really enjoyed Zen Cart the last 3 years but it seems too "buggy", and i don't think too many are using it anymore - probably why the forum so quiet.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by satphone View Post
    Wouldn't have a clue where to start fault finding that!!

Start a new post, "Why sort order doesn't work?"

We've really enjoyed Zen Cart the last 3 years but it seems too "buggy", and i don't think too many are using it anymore - probably why the forum so quiet.
    I am not affiliated with Zen cart in any way other than using their product and I’m sure I will come off as an @ss , but I find your comment to be quite insulting!
    Keep in mind that Zen cart was developed by an amazing group of highly intelligent people, and they made it open source, (FREE).
    The forum offers Support on the (FREE) ecommerce system that you are using, that in my opinion is second to none.
    You stated:
    “I don't think too many are using it anymore - probably why the forum so quiet” , and I find your statement to be unjustified.

alexa.com has Zen-cart.com’s global rank rated at 113K and in the United States the rank is 52,000.
    Every time that I have checked there are 300+ people on this site, 448 right now as I’m posting this. Again my opinion, but that doesn’t sound like too many aren’t using Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by satphone View Post
    You will not be able to find a user of any other cart that is not envious of this forum.
    Buggy? If we took a look at why that might be for a sec. Most other carts do NOT allow anyone to touch the inner workings of the cart. No other cart let's you muck up their code and then provides free support from many including the developers. ZC out-of-the-box meets many standards that others will never meet.
    Have a customer we are taking from magento to ZC. They have not been able to afford the $2k per month to bring their site to current. Their admin shows 16 critical, 3 major, and 3 general notices of things that need to be done.
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Although you may think you're being asked extraneous questions, you'll often find (as in this case) that those questions (properly answered) can lead to a true definition the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You will not be able to find a user of any other cart that is not envious of this forum.
    Buggy? If we took a look at why that might be for a sec. Most other carts do NOT allow anyone to touch the inner workings of the cart. No other cart let's you muck up their code and then provides free support from many including the developers. ZC out-of-the-box meets many standards that others will never meet.
    Have a customer we are taking from magento to ZC. They have not been able to afford the $2k per month to bring their site to current. Their admin shows 16 critical, 3 major, and 3 general notices of things that need to be done.
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Although you may think you're being asked extraneous questions, you'll often find (as in this case) that those questions (properly answered) can lead to a true definition the problem.
    I must agree with dbltoe here. I follow multiple cart systems on GitHub, and I regularly see bug reports or feature requests of things Zen Cart has resolved years ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123