Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank site after installing using Plesk control panel

Quote Originally Posted by Parafanaylya View Post
    Here's the first:
    From post 11 there was this information: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/public_html
    From post 4 "quoted" above there was this: var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/httpdocs/

There appear to have been a number of install attempts and various reworkings of data. As the most recent zc_install log indicates, the store's includes/configure.php was not writeable which is a built in security measure and to modify it (either by zc_install or manually) the permission levels need to be modified prior to saving changes.

As pointed out by carlwhat, your server knows where to look for files because it can access the subfolder extras, but ZC needs to know where to go by way of the includes/configure.php file and then similarly the admin/includes/configure.php file.

Then once those point to the right location there is the issue of what is allowed to be done at, to, with the path information which is where the specific file/folder permissions come into play.

The lack of additional files in the logs directory while still getting either a blank page or other errors further leans to a problem in the includes/configure.php file and it not pointing to the correct location(s).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    From post 11 there was this information: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/public_html
    From post 4 "quoted" above there was this: var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/httpdocs/

There appear to have been a number of install attempts and various reworkings of data.

There have been, yes, all with little tweaks like creating dir names as preferred by both the host (domain name) or public_html; httpdocs; fresh installs were done in case anything was overlooked/corrupted or otherwise.

As the most recent zc_install log indicates, the store's includes/configure.php was not writeable which is a built in security measure and to modify it (either by zc_install or manually) the permission levels need to be modified prior to saving changes.
    noted

As pointed out by carlwhat, your server knows where to look for files because it can access the subfolder extras, but ZC needs to know where to go by way of the includes/configure.php file and then similarly the admin/includes/configure.php file.

Then once those point to the right location there is the issue of what is allowed to be done at, to, with the path information which is where the specific file/folder permissions come into play.

The lack of additional files in the logs directory while still getting either a blank page or other errors further leans to a problem in the includes/configure.php file and it not pointing to the correct location(s).
    I have no coding experience, so would assume that the names need to match the config file naming.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    read is fine.

did u rename the htaccess file?
    no

please post the newest debug log.
    [21-Nov-2017 04:00:33 UTC] PHP Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 59
    I made a change as follows

<?php
    /**
    * @package initSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2013 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version GIT: $Id: Author: DrByte Sat Nov 2 01:21:28 2013 -0400 New in v1.5.2 $
    */
    /*
    * Set time zone
    */
    if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, 5.3, '>='))
    {
    // put your timezone here. Refer to http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
    $TZ = 'Africa/Johannesburg'; // eg: 'Europe/Oslo'
    My site is hosted in North America somewhere, and we're based in South Africa. I made this change in one of the previous installs, no change
    Last edited by Parafanaylya; 21 Nov 2017 at 09:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

There have been, yes, all with little tweaks like creating dir names as preferred by both the host (domain name) or public_html; httpdocs; fresh installs were done in case anything was overlooked/corrupted or otherwise.

noted

I have no coding experience, so would assume that the names need to match the config file naming.
    DIR_FS_ path information should match the folder location within the server. DIR_WS_ related should match information to be seen by web browser visitors.

So do all these other installs still exist on your system? Ie. Is it possible that the Internet is pointed to one location, and we're all discussing and searching within a different one?

One way to tell is to use the information identified by carlwhat to find out more. Ie. Place a copy of a file that currently "works" in the same directory but with a different name and do the same (different name for each) in the matching path for the other installs (assuming they do still exist). Which ever can be executed sucessfully identifies to where the Internet is pointing and which set of log files to try to review.

Recently the log files provided have all been related to zc_install and not from attempting access otherwise. This goes back to the observation of possibly file/folder permission issues. If folders are currently set to 0777, suggest making them 0755 as some servers will prevent accessing folders with such fully open permissions (personal experience).

As for the timezone issue. The most recently quoted file is from the zc_install and it identifies a warning. When reviewing the most recent log file and the most recent message within that, a warning won't typically stop execution. It could lead to a problem that generates an error, but the warning itself is not the critical error. Further, if you do business in the johannesburg timezone, and wish others to access your site as if they are operating in that timezone, then you have chosen correctly. From the code execution side, the important part is that A timezone has been selected. Doesn't matter where your server is located, the timezone is about the time to be reported.

Plugin Contributions

mc,
    i got the credentials for the site and troubleshot the problem. it was the set_time_zone. the posted config was correct....

this error caused ZC to stop execution, and we should probably do something about it:

Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /blah....blah....blah.../set_time_zone.php on line 28

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

mc,
    i got the credentials for the site and troubleshot the problem. it was the set_time_zone. the posted config was correct....

this error caused ZC to stop execution, and we should probably do something about it:

Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /blah....blah....blah.../set_time_zone.php on line 28

best.
    Enom support have told me that they won't edit the putenv in the /etc/php.ini file because we're on a shared hosting environment. The .htaccess file needs altering.

Because our Linux hosting does not use PHP.ini at the domain name level, certain settings that would normally managed through PHP.ini can instead be done through the .htaccess file.

The .htaccess file allows you to designate custom index files for your website.

You can create and upload .htaccess files to the root folder of your website, or any sub-folder depending on where you want to apply the settings defined by the .htaccess file.

To set the default documents or "index" documents for your Linux-hosted web site, create an .htaccess file and upload it to the root folder for your domain, or add the following to an existing .htaccess file:
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php
    You can modify the above example to include the name(s) of the default document(s) you would like to use.

Note: Enom Support cannot assist in the creation or scripting of .htaccess files, however you can find more information here: http://www.htaccesstools.com/htaccess-faq/

Plugin Contributions

DIR_FS_ path information should match the folder location within the server. DIR_WS_ related should match information to be seen by web browser visitors.
    thanks

So do all these other installs still exist on your system? Ie. Is it possible that the Internet is pointed to one location, and we're all discussing and searching within a different one?
    I am taking them down - getting rid of the clutter

One way to tell is to use the information identified by carlwhat to find out more. Ie. Place a copy of a file that currently "works" in the same directory but with a different name and do the same (different name for each) in the matching path for the other installs (assuming they do still exist). Which ever can be executed sucessfully identifies to where the Internet is pointing and which set of log files to try to review.
    this has been done by a member of the Enom support team, but the related logs haven't been reviewed by myself

Recently the log files provided have all been related to zc_install and not from attempting access otherwise. This goes back to the observation of possibly file/folder permission issues. If folders are currently set to 0777, suggest making them 0755 as some servers will prevent accessing folders with such fully open permissions (personal experience).
    The only folders set to 777 are the ones mentioned in the installation tutorial. Would I set my config files to 755? One stayed on 777, and the other changed automatically to 444

As for the timezone issue. The most recently quoted file is from the zc_install and it identifies a warning. When reviewing the most recent log file and the most recent message within that, a warning won't typically stop execution. It could lead to a problem that generates an error, but the warning itself is not the critical error. Further, if you do business in the johannesburg timezone, and wish others to access your site as if they are operating in that timezone, then you have chosen correctly. From the code execution side, the important part is that A timezone has been selected. Doesn't matter where your server is located, the timezone is about the time to be reported.
    I'll leave that timezone setting as Africa/Johannesburg

Plugin Contributions

Somebody fixed the issue and ZC is displaying now.

Plugin Contributions

thanks

I am taking them down - getting rid of the clutter

this has been done by a member of the Enom support team, but the related logs haven't been reviewed by myself

The only folders set to 777 are the ones mentioned in the installation tutorial. Would I set my config files to 755? One stayed on 777, and the other changed automatically to 444

I'll leave that timezone setting as Africa/Johannesburg
    While it would be highly advisable to know or find out who "someone" was and what they changed and then for you to modify your login credentials anywhere related to your account(s), it would not surprise me if the above permission settings were part of the issue. My experience in a shared environment: folders: 755, files: 644. To prevent editing change the first value to match the last two. Some files that are only internally used (they are not to be referenced from the outside world) can have the last value of 0 to further lock them down.

Yes, though can confirm that a site in maintenance mode is up and available at the uri provided.

As to the putenv function being disabled, the command is only used within the time_zone setting file and in later versions a file that auto-updates the currency conversions again though to set the timezone.

Again, really should come to understand what was done to make the site operational, by what party (host or those you have given credentials), and what has actually changed. Otherwise, good luck and remember to keep the site up-to-date (ie. The version installed is reportedly 1.5.4. ZC 1.5.5 has been out for almost 2 years now)

Plugin Contributions

Again, really should come to understand what was done to make the site operational, by what party (host or those you have given credentials), and what has actually changed. Otherwise, good luck and remember to keep the site up-to-date (ie. The version installed is reportedly 1.5.4. ZC 1.5.5 has been out for almost 2 years now)
    i will try and be clearer. apparently i was not clear in post #25 above.

i got the site operational.

i commented out the putenv line in the set_time_zone.php script. and the site came up.

there was NO permissions problem associated with this specific problem. nothing more needed to be done.

apparently there is a way to enable the function putenv using .htaccess as the host is not configured to have separate php.ini files for each domain on the server. unfortunately i am not that well versed in those directives, so if someone could help with that problem, then the set_time_zone.php script could return to its unaltered state.

i hope that was clear.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast