Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank site after installing using Plesk control panel

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i will try and be clearer. apparently i was not clear in post #25 above.

i got the site operational.

i commented out the putenv line in the set_time_zone.php script. and the site came up.

there was NO permissions problem associated with this specific problem. nothing more needed to be done.

apparently there is a way to enable the function putenv using .htaccess as the host is not configured to have separate php.ini files for each domain on the server. unfortunately i am not that well versed in those directives, so if someone could help with that problem, then the set_time_zone.php script could return to its unaltered state.

i hope that was clear.

best.
    Hi Carl

I don't know what happened after I changed my profile password, but I no longer have permissions to use my "parafanaylya" profile.

I had given up on the host after I crashed the site with the subsequent upload of my original Winchester Responsive files. I told the host support team that I thought that somebody in their team had found the fix. And I also assumed that someone hadn't let anyone know about the fix as they don't support 3rd party apps.....

Anyway, Carl, thank you. I compared the backup that I had to the uploaded file, and worked out what had to be changed. I am not a geek, and didn't know what comment out means

the edited or commented out code in root folder: /includes/extra_configures/set_time_zone.php

if ($TZ != '') {
    //putenv('TZ=' . $TZ);
    //@date_default_timezone_set($TZ);
    vs the original

if ($TZ != '') {
    putenv('TZ=' . $TZ);
    @date_default_timezone_set($TZ);
    Last edited by parafana; 25 Nov 2017 at 05:30 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I started a new thread about the new issues being experienced and it doesn't show.

Maybe it's going to be moderated before publishing, as using this profile I am a newbie?

So here are the issues:

http://joburgonline.com

PHP1.5.6
    Winchester responsive

I am using a temporary profile as my original profile @parafanaylya is not working.

Anyway here's my case history

I moved host. Carried out fresh ZC1.5.4 install, and couldn't get the site to display despite a successful install. Site was blank How to fix the blank site: THREAD HERE

Then I uploaded the original backed up hosting files and DB following the instructions in the relevant tutorial

TIP: Read the move to new server or host instruction top to bottom before carrying out the fresh install

I didn't do the DB table prefix in the fresh install above, and ended up with no table prefix in my DB to match the original. So I thought that I could fix it. And maybe I did:

I went into phpMyAdmin and added the prefix. The i added the table prefix like this in /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php:

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost:3306');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'jobur_patrick');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '**********');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'joburlnx_154');
    Issues:

Using the original classic template:

Attachment 17484

Note it displays categories - then navigate to a product, no thumbnails.....

Using the Winchester Responsive template:

Attachment 17485

No categories, but can find products through search using either keyword eg oven or product code coa1004

I'm not too phased about fixing information like sales message goes here or any of that. I'll chip away at the overrides, just want to fix the WInchester Responsive template to display as well as: categories, products, thumbnails etc.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by parafana; 25 Nov 2017 at 08:01 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Shared hosting is never a good idea for something as important as a commercial website. What initially seems "cheap" usually turns out to become very expensive - especially in terms of downtime and missed sales opportunities. And while the actual physical location of the server is not that important these days, having a host in the same geographical precinct makes life a little easier. You are all in the same time zone, and telephoning (or going round there in your car) can make a big difference.

I lived in SA for many years, and built numerous websites, hosting with iafrica (I have no idea if they still exist), but the main thing about an e-commerce site is to find a host that:-

A. Has sufficient expertise in e-commerce, and particularly in mysql/php and unix/linux server environments, and that they have servers that accommodate these protocols. Moving to a MS-based environment can cause hassles.

B. Offers dedicated hosting... keep other websites OUT of your space... you have no control over what they do there, and the degree to which they consume server resources. Or... how many others are sharing your space.

Our hosts meet all of the parameters listed above, and for a VPS we pay around £500 a year and host around 40 websites on that server. Over the last 10 years, we have not ever had a single problem, or 1 second's worth of downtime.

Choose the right host - pay a little more - keep control over your server.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by parafana View Post
    I started a new thread about the new issues being experienced and it doesn't show.

Maybe it's going to be moderated before publishing, as using this profile I am a newbie?

So here are the issues:

http://joburgonline.com

PHP1.5.6
    Winchester responsive

I am using a temporary profile as my original profile @parafanaylya is not working.

Anyway here's my case history

I moved host. Carried out fresh ZC1.5.4 install, and couldn't get the site to display despite a successful install. Site was blank How to fix the blank site: THREAD HERE

Then I uploaded the original backed up hosting files and DB following the instructions in the relevant tutorial

TIP: Read the move to new server or host instruction top to bottom before carrying out the fresh install

I didn't do the DB table prefix in the fresh install above, and ended up with no table prefix in my DB to match the original. So I thought that I could fix it. And maybe I did:

I went into phpMyAdmin and added the prefix. The i added the table prefix like this in /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php:

Issues:

Using the original classic template:

Attachment 17484

Note it displays categories - then navigate to a product, no thumbnails.....

Using the Winchester Responsive template:

Attachment 17485

No categories, but can find products through search using either keyword eg oven or product code coa1004

I'm not too phased about fixing information like sales message goes here or any of that. I'll chip away at the overrides, just want to fix the WInchester Responsive template to display as well as: categories, products, thumbnails etc.

Thanks in advance
    Site fixed - some more tweaks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234