Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible for a customer to be locked out because of the square plugin?

I recently got a email from a customer that say's "your system will not let me log in or check out" Is this possible? I did look up his name and he has ordered from me in the past. What would create this obstacle and how do I fix it.

I do have a few myDEBUG files but I am not good at interpreting them. Here is one of them.

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] Request URI: /admin_155e/orders.php?origin=index&page=1&oID=70&action=edit, IP address: 96.61.51.89
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:68]
    #2 plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php:87]
    #3 square->__construct() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin_155e/orders.php:473]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Notice: CURL error checking plugin versions: 6:Couldn't resolve host 'plugins.zen-cart.com'
    Trying file_get_contents() instead. in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 68
    [07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] Request URI: /admin_155e/orders.php?origin=index&page=1&oID=70&action=edit, IP address: 96.61.51.89
    #1 file_get_contents() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:70]
    #2 plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php:87]
    #3 square->__construct() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin_155e/orders.php:473]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 70
    #1 file_get_contents() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:70]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(https://plugins.zen-cart.com/versioncheck/156): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 70
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:72]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Notice: file_get_contents() error checking plugin versions.
    Trying http instead. in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 72
    #1 file_get_contents() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:73]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 73
    #1 file_get_contents() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:73]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://plugins.zen-cart.com/versioncheck/156): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 73
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:76]

[07-Nov-2017 17:13:32 CST6CDT] PHP Notice: file_get_contents() error checking plugin versions.
    Aborting. in /xxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 76

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible for a customer to be locked out because of the square plugin?

this is a problem on the admin side and i can not see how it would affect the customer login.

this error starts here:

PHP Notice: CURL error checking plugin versions: 6:Couldn't resolve host 'plugins.zen-cart.com'

you should contact your hosting company as i have no problem resolving the hostname:

plugins.zen-cart.com

Code:
    # ping plugins.zen-cart.com
    PING mruniverse.zen-cart.com (107.170.111.93) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=82.8 ms
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=83.2 ms
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=82.6 ms
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=82.5 ms
    are there other error logs?

definitely contact your hosting company about this one, as it is a DNS problem as opposed to a ZC problem.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible for a customer to be locked out because of the square plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    this is a problem on the admin side and i can not see how it would affect the customer login.

this error starts here:

PHP Notice: CURL error checking plugin versions: 6:Couldn't resolve host 'plugins.zen-cart.com'

you should contact your hosting company as i have no problem resolving the hostname:

plugins.zen-cart.com

Code:
    # ping plugins.zen-cart.com
    PING mruniverse.zen-cart.com (107.170.111.93) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=82.8 ms
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=83.2 ms
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=82.6 ms
    64 bytes from 107.170.111.93: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=82.5 ms
    are there other error logs?

definitely contact your hosting company about this one, as it is a DNS problem as opposed to a ZC problem.

best.
    They are having problems recreating the problem. Is this something that could be fixed by reinstalling the Square plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    They are having problems recreating the problem. Is this something that could be fixed by reinstalling the Square plugin?
    no.

let me try again to state what i see:

#1 - i do NOT see how the error log provided would cause a customer to not be logged in. if your host can not re-create the problem, than we can chalk that up to a temporary DNS problem. and you can safely delete the error logs associated with your posted error. if the same error continues to appear, and your host says they can not re-create it, i would find a new host.
    #2 - are there any additional error logs?
    #3 - i created an account, logged out, and logged back in without problem.
    #4 - there IS a problem with your payment page, as one can NOT enter a credit card.
    #5 - your payment page does not validate as html. this might be related to the problem of not being able to enter CC data; i just can not tell at this point.
    #6 - did you ever get stripe to work? if so, what changes were made since then that may have caused this problem.

finally, based on your OP, i assumed the problem was on the customer logging in. as i have demonstrated to myself, that is clearly not the problem. the problem is with the checkout page. as to whether re-installing stripe would resolve that problem, it is possible. it is just tough to tell at this point.

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    no.

let me try again to state what i see:

#1 - i do NOT see how the error log provided would cause a customer to not be logged in. if your host can not re-create the problem, than we can chalk that up to a temporary DNS problem. and you can safely delete the error logs associated with your posted error. if the same error continues to appear, and your host says they can not re-create it, i would find a new host.
    #2 - are there any additional error logs?
    #3 - i created an account, logged out, and logged back in without problem.
    #4 - there IS a problem with your payment page, as one can NOT enter a credit card.
    #5 - your payment page does not validate as html. this might be related to the problem of not being able to enter CC data; i just can not tell at this point.
    #6 - did you ever get stripe to work? if so, what changes were made since then that may have caused this problem.

finally, based on your OP, i assumed the problem was on the customer logging in. as i have demonstrated to myself, that is clearly not the problem. the problem is with the checkout page. as to whether re-installing stripe would resolve that problem, it is possible. it is just tough to tell at this point.

good luck.
    Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it. There was a different kind of error:

[18-Nov-2017 06:27:48 CST6CDT] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=contact_us&action=send, IP address: 184.94.161.65
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php:375]
    #2 zen_mail() called at [/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php:77]
    #3 require(/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php) called at [/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/index.php:36]

[18-Nov-2017 06:27:48 CST6CDT] PHP Notice: Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function.<br /> in /xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 375

I do not have any idea what you mean by items 4,5,and 6.

#4 I just entered a credit card and it worked fine.
    #5 I do not know what you mean by validate as html.
    #6 I do not know what you mean by getting a stripe to work? What stripe?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it. There was a different kind of error:

[18-Nov-2017 06:27:48 CST6CDT] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=contact_us&action=send, IP address: 184.94.161.65
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php:375]
    #2 zen_mail() called at [/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php:77]
    #3 require(/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php) called at [/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/index.php:36]

[18-Nov-2017 06:27:48 CST6CDT] PHP Notice: Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function.<br /> in /xxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 375

I do not have any idea what you mean by items 4,5,and 6.

#4 I just entered a credit card and it worked fine.
    #5 I do not know what you mean by validate as html.
    #6 I do not know what you mean by getting a stripe to work? What stripe?
    this is a new error, and the ZC is having problems sending mail. this is from the contact us page.

this is interesting in that i created a new account and received the account creation email from your site no problem.

with regards to my other comments:

#4 i just looked at the payment page, and it now allows me to enter credit card data. it did NOT before.
    #5 see: https://goo.gl/ivtU6P
    #6 i meant square, not stripe. i apologize for the confusion....

that said, if you have NOT changed anything, i find it curious that 30 minutes ago, i could not enter any credit card details, and now i can. in addition, i find it curious that the mail function works for account creation and not for contact us.

there are a lot of unanswered questions to me about your site right now. things seems to be changing rather rapidly. if you have not modified anything, i am of the mind, that perhaps you are hacked. i would look at your admin logs and see if you notice any activity that is curious and not related to you. i would then look at the ZC page related to recovering from hacks.

with so many changes happening, i am unable now to reproduce your original error, so not sure what to tell your customer.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

I have not change anything for months. I will monitor it and hopefully it was just a glitch.