Plugin Contributions

Default Subcatagory not showing

www.windflowergrove.com
    This is a new glitch .
    I have been reading about this, have 6 categories, the first three have subcategories, the others dont.
    My subcategories are not showing on the categories page so customers can get to these product items.
    I have checked the configuration>product listing>Show sub categories on main page while navigating is set to 1.
    Checked:
    Layout settings>Categories -always open to show subcategories set on 1.
    Categories - always show on main page set on 0
    Main page - always open on main page set on 0
    Main Page - open with category - 0

I dont know what else to check, where do I go from here?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Subcatagory not showing

If you're referring to the problem where you can't browse the first 3 categories (sticks, oils, incense), this looks like a partial blank page. You can see there's no footer on these pages, meaning the page was loaded up to a certain point and then something went wrong and the rest of the page failed. You should have a mydebug-xxxxxx file in your /logs directory and it'll tell you what happened. If you don't understand what it's saying, just post the contents here and we'll translate it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    If you're referring to the problem where you can't browse the first 3 categories (sticks, oils, incense), this looks like a partial blank page. You can see there's no footer on these pages, meaning the page was loaded up to a certain point and then something went wrong and the rest of the page failed. You should have a mydebug-xxxxxx file in your /logs directory and it'll tell you what happened. If you don't understand what it's saying, just post the contents here and we'll translate it.
    You are right I dont know what I am looking at and the log files are confusing- my sites have been going great so it has been a bit since I have dove into the coding and I have forgotten alot. So TY for all that you do to help.

PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php on line 19

and

[25-Jan-2020 16:57:31 UTC] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ///public_html/windflowergrove/myadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 82
    [25-Jan-2020 16:57:31 UTC] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ///public_html/windflowergrove/myadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 82
    [25-Jan-2020 16:57:31 UTC] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ///public_html/windflowergrove/myadmin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 400
    [25-Jan-2020 16:57:31 UTC] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ///public_html/windflowergrove/myadmin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 417

These are the repeated debug/log that repeat alot in the recent days. I have eliminated the information for server location.

And yes now that you say it about the footer - I see that now!

Plugin Contributions

Neither of those logs is reporting a partial-whitepage type issue (the second one's for the admin, so that wouldn't come into play).

What you're looking for is a file named myDEBUG-*.log (not myDEBUG-adm-*.log, those are admin-specific) that's probably smaller than 'most'.

Plugin Contributions

I am so sorry for fishing.!!

[28-Jan-2020 10:55:45 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'cPath' in ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 40
    [28-Jan-2020 10:55:45 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'zenid' in ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 40
    [28-Jan-2020 10:55:45 America/Denver] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php on line 19
    [28-Jan-2020 10:55:45 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/modules/category_row.php:39
    Stack trace:
    #0 ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_category_row.php(14): require()
    #1 ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_categories.php(73): require('//...')
    #2 ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php(219): require('//...')
    #3 ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/templates/stitch/common/tpl_main_page.php(126): require('//...')
    #4 ///public_html/windflowergrove/index.php(97): require('//...')
    #5 {main}
    thrown in ///public_html/windflowergrove/includes/modules/category_row.php on line 39

Plugin Contributions

That's the ticket! You can correct that error by changing line 22 of /includes/modules/category_row.php from

$list_box_contents = '';

to

$list_box_contents = array();

... but the root-cause of your issue(s) is that you zc154 store is running on a version of PHP that's not supported by that Zen Cart version. Time for an upgrade?