Default Help root not working after installing SSL

Help I installed SSL on the site and the path www.artos.dk/zencart works fine, but www.artos.dk does not (error: 403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access / on this server.)

The webhotel suggest a redirect in htaccess file, but the root in Zencart does not have an htaccess file does it?

Any help appreciated.

Zencart v1.5.5a

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help root not working after installing SSL

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Help I installed SSL on the site and the path www.artos.dk/zencart works fine, but www.artos.dk does not (error: 403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access / on this server.)

The webhotel suggest a redirect in htaccess file, but the root in Zencart does not have an htaccess file does it?

Any help appreciated.

Zencart v1.5.5a
    Just installing SSL wouldn't be causing the permission denied error. Something else has changed. It is true that a .htaccess doesnt exist in the root zencart. You could add one, but it wont help. Such a redirect would need to be in thd root folder of your server, iow, one level up from the /zencart/ folder.
    That is the solution that *most* folk would take, but it is actually a bad solution because it is fixing a problem that shouldn't/needn't exist in the first place.
    The two better solutions woukd be to move the entire zencart up up one level to the / folder. An easier solution (in my opinion) is to set the "document root" to the /zencart folder. However, before doing any of these it would be wise to try to find out what has cgsnged to cause this, because simply adding SSL doesn't explain the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    An easier solution (in my opinion) is to set the "document root" to the /zencart folder.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Where would I do that? Not in the configure-file...?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Where would I do that? Not in the configure-file...?
    Basically cpanel or specific configuration file(s) on the server. It's about pointing the external reference (web address) to an internal reference that would be the folder described above. But... then the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files would need to be modified with that new location in consideration.

What you would expect to see once the document root was changed is that you could enter the name of your site (without folder) and your main web-page will appear without a sub-directory in the address field, but all of your links will include the sub-folder.

As part of the transition, in both files identified above, the defines that begin with DIR_WS_ and include the sub-folder name, will need to have the slash before it and the sub-folder removed: so for example: DIR_WS_CATALOG would go from '/zencart/' to just '/'. The defines that begin with DIR_FS_ would remain unchanged.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Thanks. I've changed it now like below. Stiil doesn't work though...?
    -------------
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://artos.dk');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://artos.dk');

/**
    * Do you use SSL for your customers login/checkout on the storefront? If so, enter 'true'. Else 'false'.
    */
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');

/**
    * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
    * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
    * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
    */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

Plugin Contributions

It won't until artos.dk points to the location currently identified to DIR_FS_CATALOG... That is done by changing the document root as suggested by RodG. The alternative is to move your store from the zencart directory to the one above it and then modify DIR_FS_CATALOG to remove /zencart. This last part is described at this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...that-directory
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Thanks a lot, got it working now :)