Hi Everyone

I have been running my shop (experilab.co.za) successfully on 1.3.9 for many years now. I am in the process of upgrading to 1.5.5.

A huge need for me (and for some others it seems, if you read the forums) is to allow customers to obtain a (printable)quotation from the online shop. Up to now I have directed customers to add an order with the comments "Quotation Only' so that we know it is not an order. The problem is that the stock gets subtracted and is then unavailable for other customers. Sometimes the 'Quotation' does not result in an order, which means that the items are only restocked upon deletion.

My current idea around this problem is to add a new payment method called 'Quotation'. (I should be OK to do this maybe using the cod option). Then, upon checkout confirmation 'subtract stock = true' should be set temporarily to false only when the Quotation payment method was selected.

My problem is that I cannot find the code where this would supposedly happen. Can anyone help?

Also, any comments from Zen-gurus about the viability of the idea would be much appreciated!