Plugin Contributions

Default can't log into Admin because ssl not installed. want to put site to maintenance mode

I am going to (soon) rebuild my website on a different server, new version of zencart, etc. So I didn't renew my SSL. Now, I want to put my site in Maintenance Mode, but the browsers on my MAC (safari, chrome, and firefox) won't let me access my admin. It says "Safari can't connect to the page www.1234.com because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server"... So,,,,, after I type in the admin URL, I then (after failed connection) take out the "s" after HTTP, and it connects to the sign-in page.. but when I enter my username and password,,,,, browser goes back to the "can't connect to server because of Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server".... It's like I'm in a bad SY-FI movie caught in some sort of a time loop... What now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't log into Admin because ssl not installed. want to put site to maintenance m

Just a guess, but maybe change the admin/includes/config.php and the includes/ config.php to not be defined as HTTPS.
    Last edited by answer=42; 30 Nov 2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typeO

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't log into Admin because ssl not installed. want to put site to maintenance m

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I couldn't remember how (or where, I should say) to do it. I've done it before, but no more recent than 2 years ago. I'll give it a shot. Thank you

Plugin Contributions

BEFORE: define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.YOUR_SHOP.com');
    AFTER: define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.YOUR_SHOP.com');

Plugin Contributions

"Now, I want to put my site in Maintenance Mode,"
    Try logging into the database and change the setting for maintenance mode

Plugin Contributions

There is likely more to it than just changing the one define.

Basically need to reverse the guidance provided in this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...alled-zen-cart

In particular would be the two defines related to say: ENABLE_SSL. The store side includes/configure.php would also need to be modified. For both the admin and catalog side, verify that the file permissions are 644 before saving the change(s).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There is likely more to it than just changing the one define.

Basically need to reverse the guidance provided in this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...alled-zen-cart

In particular would be the two defines related to say: ENABLE_SSL. The store side includes/configure.php would also need to be modified. For both the admin and catalog side, verify that the file permissions are 644 before saving the change(s).
    I was close for a guess, I'm still going to partially pat myself on the back :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by answer=42 View Post
    I was close for a guess, I'm still going to partially pat myself on the back :)
    The portion of your guidance wasn't wrong. :) so pat on the back was deserved. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Mc #'s, it feels good to be able to help (even just a little) as many peoples' wisdom has helped me.