Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin not accessible

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    have you turned on debug as well as error reporting? will hopefully point to the exact problem....

with regards to the code history as well as "blame", my PR was to help with debugging problems, not to specifically address a putenv statement.

i would have the OP turn on error_reporting as well as debug. and the last time i was involved, i thought the OP was moving hosts to specifically address the putenv statement as well as allow for individual php.ini files for virtual hosts.

best.
    Blame as it relates to github is a specific historical view of the files allowing one to see/back track the history of a section of code and identify (by blame) who/what modified a portion of code. Further as each backwards review takes one to a commit there may have been notes left at any such location. I did that type of review just in case and did not find any comments/conversation related to the putenv code that had been applied to the commits.

Further, as there was no link provided to identify where on github the conversation was carried forward (possibly because the thread was closed faster than able to apply the link), a search was performed to see what comments/issues might have been made to apply to the putenv related code that was being discussed as an issue. The link mentioned was discovered and posted to try to get these issues and history together.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm here - just going through my backups - I have a DB back up of 16 November, and another of 24 November. The former excludes any changes made and I'm going to run with that for now.

Plugin Contributions

have you turned on debug as well as error reporting? will hopefully point to the exact problem....
    Where would one toggle the above?

with regards to the code history as well as "blame", my PR was to help with debugging problems, not to specifically address a putenv statement.

i would have the OP turn on error_reporting as well as debug. and the last time i was involved, i thought the OP was moving hosts to specifically address the putenv statement as well as allow for individual php.ini files for virtual hosts.

best.
    Nope - I wasn't moving hosts for any other reason than to have support. I have experienced support issues with our previous service providers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Parafanaylya View Post
    I'm here - just going through my backups - I have a DB back up of 16 November, and another of 24 November. The former excludes any changes made and I'm going to run with that for now.
    This is a file issue not a database issue. Introducing an old backup of the database without identifying a need for it could introduce other problems. Try to stay on one issue.

Whether it is to restore the file that had been modified to originally allow access to the admin for a short period of time or if it is to apply other debug techniques just asked about, but really discourage throwing in another potential issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

#1 - i agree with regards to backups. leave the system as is.
    #2 - catalog side works fine.... admin side does not. to turn on debugging for the admin, change this file as follows:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/application_top.php

around line 20.
    Code:
    //FROM:
    if (!defined('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD')) define('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD', false);
    //TO:
    if (!defined('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD')) define('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD', true);
    define('STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING', true);
    #3 - if you have NOT moved hosts, i would "guess" your problem is in:

YOUR_ADMIN/currency_cron.php

and specifically:
    Code:
    //FROM:
    putenv($_SERVER["argv"][$i]);
    //TO:
    //putenv($_SERVER["argv"][$i]);
    although i could be wrong.

my suggestion in option 2 should point you to the correct place, assuming YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php

is correct.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    This is a file issue not a database issue. Introducing an old backup of the database without identifying a need for it could introduce other problems. Try to stay on one issue.
    DB restored to current from backup

and the admin panel is working! My host changed php to 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Whether it is to restore the file that had been modified to originally allow access to the admin for a short period of time or if it is to apply other debug techniques just asked about, but really discourage throwing in another potential issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Parafanaylya View Post
    DB restored to current from backup

and the admin panel is working! My host changed php to 7.0
    my guess is that the php 7.0 was the solution.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

@mc12345678 & carlwhat - you guys are great in dealing with this layman who keeps dipping his own shoes into the sticky stuff

I don't know what happened, but the admin is working again.

Is there anything you want to have a look at directly to try figure out where I screwed up?

Plugin Contributions

debugs

[04-Dec-2017 19:19:13 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62
    [04-Dec-2017 19:19:13 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62
    anything else?

Plugin Contributions

and this error log extract for today

Mon Dec 04 10:11:52 2017] [warn] [client 105.226.120.117] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/my_admin/login.php on line 13
    [Mon Dec 04 10:13:30 2017] [error] [client 66.249.69.228] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/robots.txt
    [Mon Dec 04 10:14:41 2017] [error] [client 105.226.120.117] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png
    [Mon Dec 04 10:14:41 2017] [error] [client 105.226.120.117] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/apple-touch-icon.png
    [Mon Dec 04 10:56:22 2017] [error] [client 40.77.167.118] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/robots.txt
    [Mon Dec 04 11:13:03 2017] [error] [client 68.180.230.227] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/robots.txt
    [Mon Dec 04 11:13:31 2017] [error] [client 66.249.69.230] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/download/gb1800ss.pdf
    [Mon Dec 04 11:36:36 2017] [error] [client 100.43.85.119] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/joburlnx.ehost-services221.com/joburgonline.com/robots.txt

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast