Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default can't get to admin or any category pages

Slightly embarrassing (again) as I know I need to move from godaddy, but...

godaddy moved my sites to a new server. No explanation or advance warning, just an email that said “Great news, we finished migrating your hosting account, med90.com, to a new server…” with a suggestion to update the primary IP addresses (A records), but they did not need updating as they already had the DNS provided in the email. But now, of course, nothing works. You can click on these links to see the error messages or blank pages:
    URL's referenced:
    https://changingtableliners.com/stor...036/login.php?
    https://daycaredisposablesupply.com/...036/login.php?
    https://changingtableliners.com/store/
    http://www.daycaredisposablesupply.com/store/

When talking with godaddy support, their suggestion was to reinstall zencart in a new folder (other than /store/)and “point” the database etc to that new folder.

I'm hoping y'all might have another, easier solution?

Z/C version 1.5.5e
    PHP Version 5.3.24
    Database: MySQL 5.5.51-38.1-log
    Had Anne from picaflorazul.com upgrade sites from 1.3.9f in March 2017

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't get to admin or any category pages

I would like to have a guess at this before all the really smart people answer. Maybe it could be :Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by answer=42 View Post
    I would like to have a guess at this before all the really smart people answer. Maybe it could be :Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    I would agree with the above based on the error message provided by the third link.

Two ways come to mind to resolve at least the file path information: 1) ask the host what the complete path is to the /store directory.
    2) create a new file in the catalog folder (/store directory) that has the following contents. The filename should be obscure and of your choosing but end with .php.
    Code:
    <?php echo __FILE__;
    Then enter in the browser: changingtableliners.com/store/YOUR_OBSCURE_FILENAME.php
    Where YOUR_OBSCURE_FILENAME is whatever you have chosen to call it and preferably not the name I used there.

Capture the result and place it in a define just above you're previous DIR_FS_ related define(s) in the includes/configure.php and applicable admin/includes/configure.php file(s).

So for example where you have:
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/blah/blah/blah/store');
    It would look like:

Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/newblah/newblah/newblah/store');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/blah/blah/blah/store');
    Test then either go back and comment out the second line or delete it. Then delete the file created above.

Note that to save changes to either configure.php file the permission settings should be verified to be 644 just before saving.

Oh, and as one might always suggest/do, backup the file(s) before making the above changes.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the lightning fast reply.
    Created file (BROKEN_SITE.php) returns: /home/content/40/5149140/html/DAYCAREDISPOSABLESUPPLY/store/BROKEN_SITE.php
    The define(s) in the config files already have the correct, complete path:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/40/5149140/html/DAYCAREDISPOSABLESUPPLY/store/');

Thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by itseemedsosimple View Post
    Thanks for the lightning fast reply.
    Created file (BROKEN_SITE.php) returns: /home/content/40/5149140/html/DAYCAREDISPOSABLESUPPLY/store/BROKEN_SITE.php
    The define(s) in the config files already have the correct, complete path:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/40/5149140/html/DAYCAREDISPOSABLESUPPLY/store/');

Thoughts?
    What about: https://changingtableliners.com/store/? It still has the same error message that it did previously and was the one at least I recommended to try to resolve first.

The daycaredisposable site is providing a blank page. Blank pages are covered by: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

May have an error in the includes/configure.php file preventing store load, though initially I was thinking that perhaps you were using the multi-site mod with it based off of the path to the third link and that because that store was down it was causing issues with the one you're asking about.

Plugin Contributions

You've certainly got something weird going on. I can go to changingtableliners.com and see a ZC site is there, but the css is not loaded (typical issue with some mismatch between where the HTTP_SERVER url actually points within the folder path and where DIR_FS_CATALOG points.)

The error message when attempting to access http://changingtableliners.com/store/ is: Additional *IMPORTANT* Details: includes/configure.php file empty or file not found, OR wrong DB_TYPE set, OR cannot find includes/autoload_func.php which suggests paths are wrong or files were not uploaded correctly

I've been trying to address the last of the items in the list specifically related to the paths within the file. Considering that there are files that appear at the destination without having the store directory, there is a question of why that is, what files have been uploaded where, etc... or even what might exist in an .htaccess file in the path that does not include the sub-directory store...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, sorry. It also shows the correct file path:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/40/5149140/html/ChangingTableLiners/store/');
    How would I determine or find "May have an error in the includes/configure.php file preventing store load"

Plugin Contributions

changingtableliners.com loads because it is an index.html that I copied from the source code, and then use the shorter url on pay per click like adwords.
    When I am in the File Manager of the hosting account, I can see that all the files are there (for both sites).
    Would it help if I copy/pasted the configure.php for you to have a look at?
    Please let me know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks.
    Tom

P.S. godaddy sucks...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, sorry. It also shows the correct file path:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/40/5149140/html/ChangingTableLiners/store/');
    How would I determine or find "May have an error in the includes/configure.php file preventing store load"
    So, the fact that a message appears indicates that the php format/coding is correct so the issue would be within the information that is "captured" within the data of the includes/configure.php file in relation to that specific statement.

changingtableliners.com loads because it is an index.html that I copied from the source code, and then use the shorter url on pay per click like adwords.
    When I am in the File Manager of the hosting account, I can see that all the files are there (for both sites).
    Would it help if I copy/pasted the configure.php for you to have a look at?
    Please let me know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks.
    Tom

P.S. godaddy sucks...
    The PS. Is frequently stated by users and those providing support. There is no requirement to stay with them or any specific provider and consideration should be given to finding the service that works (functionally as well as financially) for a user.

That said, yes, the includes/configure.php file may be of benefit (obscuring applicable credential information for the DB_ entries). But the other thing to check considering report that all paths "appear" correct is the permission level(s) of folders and files associated with the initial processing. Most likely folders should be 755 (not 777) and files within at most 644 (includes/configure.php should ultimately be at highest of 444, though it is possible to restrict it further).

Plugin Contributions

Yep, sorry about the P.S. I'm hoping to resolve this, then move sites by end of year.
    I'm waiting on a callback from godaddy support to understand how to see current "permissions" and how to change them. Right now it displays check boxes and not numeric values.
    For instance, for includes/configure.php it displays:
    Web user permissions:
    x Read
    Write
    x Execute (directory)
    Owner permissions:
    x Read
    x Write
    x Execute (directory)

So here's the includes/configure.php:
    <?php
    /**
    * @package Configuration Settings
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * File Built by Zen Cart Installer on Mon Jan 16 2017 15:45:24
    */

/*************** NOTE: This file is VERY similar to, but DIFFERENT from the "admin" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /*************** The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other. ***********/

/**
    * Enter the domain for your store
    * HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.yourdomain.com
    * HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure/SSL webserver: eg-https://www.yourdomain.com
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://changingtableliners.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://changingtableliners.com');

/**
    * If you want to tell Zen Cart to use your HTTPS URL on sensitive pages like login and checkout, set this to 'true'. Otherwise 'false'. (Keep the quotes)
    */
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

/**
    * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
    * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
    * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
    */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

/**
    * This is the complete physical path to your store's files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    * Should have a closing / on it.
    */

/**
    * The following settings define your database connection.
    * These must be the SAME as you're using in your non-admin copy of configure.php
    */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'xxxxx'); // always 'xxxxx'
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'xxxxxxxx.db.xxxxxxx.hostedresource.com'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');

/**
    * This is an advanced setting to determine whether you want to cache SQL queries.
    * Options are 'none' (which is the default) and 'file' and 'database'.
    */
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');

/**
    * Reserved for future use
    */
    define('SESSION_STORAGE', 'reserved for future use');

/**
    * Advanced use only:
    * The following are OPTIONAL, and should NOT be set unless you intend to change their normal use. Most sites will leave these untouched.
    * To use them, uncomment AND add a proper defined value to them.
    */
    // define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_LOGS' ...

// End Of File

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast