Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't search for duplicate after saving (Numinix custom fields)

Zen Cart version 1.5.7, recently upgraded from 1.5.6c
    PHP Version 7.2.32
    Possibly Related plugin - Numinix Product Fields

So I upgraded last week. Everything works great. I went to add some new products to the site today and noticed something weird.

I have a CD and a Vinyl category. I posted a product in the CDs and then copied it to the LP category so I didn't have to create the whole product again. Everything copied perfectly and took me to the newly duplicated product (LOVE that!) so I could update the info. After saving, I saw it in the list of products in the category_product_listing page. I flipped to the storefront and did a quick search by UPC and it came right up. All the info was there. Went back to the admin and click around and realized I forgot to change the price. Tried to search for the UPC and nothing comes up on in the admin. Same result for the title. I can navigate back to it manually and the product is there. The next product I duplicated showed up, but I tested 2 more after that with the same results as the first. The product exists, I just can't search for it. All duplicated products show up on the front end using the search. I don't see any differences between the one product that I can search for and the others I can't. No errors are generated by ZenCart or by the server.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't search for duplicate after saving

My guess would be that NPC added search by UPC to the storefront but not the admin - possible?
    Anyhow, if you find the product on the store front you can just search by product ID in the admin, so this is at least a workaround for you.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't search for duplicate after saving (Numinix custom fields)

I looked at the search query and it appears that it's searching product_model, which is where I store my UPC. I can search with other product_model entries.
    I just tried to search for the product_id in the admin and it doesn't show up for those products that way either.

Numinix's plugin doesn't add anything to the home page or the category_product_listing page. Just the product_info/product_music_info template on the front end and the products edit page in the admin. The only reason I included that plugin in my post is because it's kinda related in the sense that it might possibly have messed with the duplication process? All other products entered manually (not copied) are working fine.

Looking in the database, everything seems in order. The missing products show up with all fields populated in products, products_to_categories, products_description and product_music_extra. Aside from not being able to search by UPC, Title, or Description, it's there like it's supposed to be.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by badplanetkevin View Post
    I looked at the search query and it appears that it's searching product_model, which is where I store my UPC. I can search with other product_model entries.
    I just tried to search for the product_id in the admin and it doesn't show up for those products that way either.

Numinix's plugin doesn't add anything to the home page or the category_product_listing page. Just the product_info/product_music_info template on the front end and the products edit page in the admin. The only reason I included that plugin in my post is because it's kinda related in the sense that it might possibly have messed with the duplication process? All other products entered manually (not copied) are working fine.

Looking in the database, everything seems in order. The missing products show up with all fields populated in products, products_to_categories, products_description and product_music_extra. Aside from not being able to search by UPC, Title, or Description, it's there like it's supposed to be.
    i'm looking at v157 install with test data i searched for DVD, which is stored in the model number and found it no problem. see file:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-07-13 10-54-41.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	19086

can you provide more details?
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    can you provide more details?
    When 1.5.6 came out, I did a fresh install on my store and re-applied a few plugins to make sure I didn't have any that were out of date or incompatible. I upgraded through the 1.5.6 series without issue. I upgraded to 1.5.7 last week and today is the first day I've entered products on the upgrade.

The problem I'm having is only with products that I've duplicated to another category. I entered a product in my CD category, then copied that product to my Vinyl category. I have always done it this way in the past to save time. It takes me to the duplicate entry and allows me to edit the content before saving and finalizing the newly copied entry (which is new and I love). Once I submit and confirm, it shows up in the category listing, but if I search for it using UPC, Title, or the product ID, it returns no results. I can search using the same methods and products that are entered normally and those come up fine.

For comparison, I just copied a product from CD to CD and the search works fine for those. If I copy from CD to another category, it returns no results.

The product is there, I can search for it on the front end without problem. I can find it in my database and worst case I can click through the pages in the admin until I can find it if I need to. I just found it odd and thought I'd report.

It absolutely could be 100% my setup, but I don't see any code that looks like it would interfere with the product copy process. I'll double check my code and make sure Numinix really isn't interfering. I'll also set up a localhost fresh install and see if I can replicate the error. If I can't replicate, I'll mark this as solved and continue to track it down on my own. Either way, I'll report back.

Thanks for taking time to help!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I was able to reproduce the error on a fresh install, no plugins. PHP 7.3.12 (using WAMP).

I went to Music and copied the "Russ Tippins Band - The Hunter" to Music and another into DVD Movies -> Action. Changed the Model #'s to be RTBHUNTER-2 & RTBHUNTER-3 respectively and saved. No other changes.

From there, searching for RTBHUNTER only returns the products in Music including the Duplicate I copied to Music, but the duplicate I copied to the DVD category doesn't come up in the search, even though it exists.

Music category with duplicate

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	19087

DVD category with duplicate

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	19088

search results missing RTBHUNTER-3

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	19089

Plugin Contributions

And just to reiterate, the search has the same results if I search model, title or product ID.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by badplanetkevin View Post
    And just to reiterate, the search has the same results if I search model, title or product ID.
    i was able to reproduce it. as soon as i get some time, i will figure out what is going on.

looks like a bug to me, but let me do a little more digging.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

I appreciate your help! It's only a minor inconvenience at best.
    I'm always wanting to help make ZenCart better... even as simple as a reporting a bug.

I would love to know what actually caused this, because I combed through the code on these pages and didn't see anything that stood out as weird, but I'm no PHP expert by any means. I'm fairly familiar with Zen and the various plugins I've attempted to use from over the years.

Thank you guys for all that you do!!!

Plugin Contributions

its a definite bug.

when copying the product, the products_to categories table is copying the wrong category. so that when you try searching there is no match against the master_category_id associated with the product.

the master_category_id has always been problematic to me.

i think if you move it a new category, that's where the problem comes in...
    author of square Webpay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast