Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default After V155e upgrade Product Description is not populated in Admin Editor.

Hello,

I updated classic 151 to responsive 155e.

Everything appears is good (except cosmetics, which is not a point now) as seen in browser.

Attachment 17562

But when we try to edit existing products in Admin->Categories/Products->Category->Edit Product product description is not coming to editor (see image below). All other info is the correct fields.
    At this point there is only plain text editor. (we could not make CKeditor working yet).

Attachment 17563

product description missing.jpg

There was no errors in importing database:

Attachment 17564

Attachment 17565

But it fills like there is a problem in communication between admin and MQL database or is it Editor issue.

We read that original editor was discontinued. So we are using for now Plain Text

Please suggest where to look.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    URL: https://www.idmedicaltags.com/store/

ZC version, V155e

PHP Version: 5.6.32

v1.5.5e [2017-05-14 00:41:31] (Version Update 1.5.4->1.5.5e)
    v1.5.4 [2017-05-14 00:41:30] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.3 [2017-05-14 00:41:30] (Version Update 1.5.2->1.5.3)
    v1.5.2 [2017-05-14 00:41:30] (Version Update 1.5.1->1.5.2)
    v1.5.1 [2014-01-12 18:48:41] (Version Update 1.5.0->1.5.1)
    v1.5.0 [2014-01-12 18:48:40] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9h [2014-01-12 18:48:36] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9h)
    v1.3.8 [2014-01-12 18:48:31] (Version Update 1.3.7->1.3.8)
    v1.3.7 [2007-10-21 15:10:57] (Version Update 1.3.6->1.3.7)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After V155e upgrade Product Description is not populated in Admin Editor.

It's likely that you've got some character-set incompatibilities (given the site's upgrade history) between your database and the character-set that you're using.

What are your values for:

DB_CHARSET (set in both /includes/configure.php and /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php)

CHARSET (set in both /includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php and /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english.php)

When you use your webhost's phpMyAdmin, are the various tables' collation values "in line" with those settings? That is, if your DB_CHARSET is utf8, are all collations something like utf8_general_ci?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After V155e upgrade Product Description is not populated in Admin Editor.

Below are codes as they are right now:

define('DB_CHARSET', ''); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common <- /includes/configure.php

define('DB_CHARSET', ''); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common <- /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php

----------------------------------------------------------------
    // charset for web pages and emails <- /includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php
    //define('CHARSET', 'UTF-8');
    define('CHARSET', 'ISO-8859-1');

// charset for web pages and emails <- /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english.php
    define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

Thank you for looking.

Plugin Contributions

The other part requested was the general database collation information, although at this point with such variation among the files, it would only really serve as a data point.

There is a plugin called convert db2utf8; however, at last download there was an issue of using it with databases that had a DB_PREFIX in the applicable includes/configure.php file.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry, I do not understand what to do per most recent respond by mc12345678 .

Do you mean I did not provide requested by lat9 information?

Should I use plugin db2utf8 or should I not (because it has glitch)?

Maybe I should expost again MQL database from my V151 Zen Cart with different character set?

And import again and go through all procedure zc_install.

Sorry, again.
    Last edited by idtags; 31 Dec 2017 at 07:54 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by idtags View Post
    I am sorry, I do not understand what to do per most recent respond by mc12345678 .

Do you mean I did not provide requested by lat9 information?

Should I use plugin db2utf8 or should I not (because it has glitch)?

Maybe I should expost again MQL database from my V151 Zen Cart with different character set?

And import again and go through all procedure zc_install.

Sorry, again.
    You did provide the information I requested and it looks like those configuration settings are the primary culprit. The base issue is that when Zen Cart reads and writes the product descriptions (and other fields), it uses some PHP functions that manipulate HTML character definitions (like &euro;) to convert those values into their readable form. Right now, your store is most likely generating a ton of debug-log files indicating that there's a character-set issue.

The DB_CHARSET definitions should be one of 'utf8' or 'latin1', depending on your store's setup and the CHARSET definitions should be "in line" with the database character set.

If the DB_CHARSET is 'utf8', then the CHARSET values should be 'UTF-8'; otherwise, those CHARSET values should be the same in storefront and admin and reflect an ASCII character set like 'ISO-8559-1'.

The settings that you use should match the way that your database is configured. Using phpMyAdmin (or downloading and bringing up the Convert db2utf8 plugin, downloadable here) should identify what the current database settings are.

I don't know what issue mc12345678 is referring to with regard to that plugin not working when a DB_PREFIX value is set.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for explanation.

I documented my MQL export procedure and am posting it below.

Attachment 17566

Attachment 17567

Attachment 17568

Attachment 17569

It looks like utf-8 format was used.

Importing was done with utf-8 format as well (could not attach 5-th image).

Ok, I will try to learn about Convert db2utf8 and report back.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Database collation aside, you need to change those DB_CHARSET and CHARSET definitions before your store will operate "properly".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Database collation aside, you need to change those DB_CHARSET and CHARSET definitions before your store will operate "properly".
    So, do I need to make changes below, before running Convert db2utf8 ?

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common <- /includes/configure.php

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common <- /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php

// charset for web pages and emails <- /includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php
    //define('CHARSET', 'UTF-8');
    define('CHARSET', 'utf8');

// charset for web pages and emails <- /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english.php
    define('CHARSET', 'utf8');

Plugin Contributions

The two CHARSET values should be 'UTF-8', to match the DB_CHARSET values of 'utf8'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast