Plugin Contributions

Default Questions About Fine-Tuning New Website

We're in the final stages of fine-tuning an author's adult e-book shopping cart (http://alanachurch.com/library/index.php), but we could really use some help on these things:

1) The template the author chose doesn't seem to have breadcrumbs built into the pages, so there's no way to return to the index.php from any page. is there a way to either make the logo clickable or add an Index Page link to the Categories sidebar?

2) It's not necessary for buyers to fill in their address and phone number since this author will only be selling e-books. We already deactivated everything we could find about addresses, but it's still requiring an address and phone number on the order page.

3) We'd like to customize her outgoing e-mails with a logo. What file handles that?

4) How do we change the order number so it doesn't start with #1?

Thanks very much for your help!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Questions About Fine-Tuning New Website

Make sure to utilize the search function for questions. Many of these have been answered and you'll find solutions faster by digging first. I find it best to let google do the work though. For instance on your fourth question I went to Google and entered the query "zen-cart.com change starting order number" without the quotes.

1. Due to your auto expanded category tree breadcrumbs are superfluous. If you want to add them back, open includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_main_page.php and add the following wherever you like
    Code:
    <!-- bof  breadcrumb -->
    <?php if (DEFINE_BREADCRUMB_STATUS == '1' || (DEFINE_BREADCRUMB_STATUS == '2' && !$this_is_home_page) ) { ?>
        <div id="navBreadCrumb"><?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(BREAD_CRUMBS_SEPARATOR); ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!-- eof breadcrumb -->
    2. https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....at-is-unwanted

3. https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...my-html-emails

4. https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ge-start-point

Plugin Contributions

I actually did search for quite a while, and found many answers dealing with similar issues, but nothing that dealt with my exact problem.

Breadcrumbs are not superfluous when nothing leads back to the index page.

What would be the easiest way to make the logo clickable...and how can I change the url in the green footer bar? I've been searching all files for www.yourstore.com so I could change that, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Last (hopefully)...I added shipping terms to the Define Pages Shipping Info, but it's not showing up when I click the Shipping link. Any ideas why not?

I'll check out the links you provided...thanks very much for those!!

Plugin Contributions

I was wrong...I do have one more question. Sorry about that. For some reason the thumbnails aren't showing up on the actual book listing pages. How do I get them to appear?

Plugin Contributions

Update: I finally found where to change the www.mystore.com link in the bottom bar. Turns out I was searching for www.mysite.com by mistake. Doh! LOL I was also able to get rid of the Shipping link, so that's another problem solved.

Still working on getting rid of the address fields...I hope that All Products Virtual - No Shipping module will do the job! :-)

Plugin Contributions

The All Products Virtual - No Shipping module did not solve the problem. The "create an account" page is still requiring a full address and phone number. Adding in the breadcrumbs snippet didn't help, either. Please help?
    Last edited by DK_Scully; 2 Jan 2018 at 06:21 PM.