Thread: 1.5.5F Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 1.5.5F Files

Is there a zip file that just has all the 1.5.5f files that were changed. I always just download the full version and use the change list and copy them over my 1.5.5e install.

There has to be an easier way.

Thanks and Happy New year to all that support this great Software.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.5F Files

No, that is the only official way. May be there is someone who made an update package.

Plugin Contributions

update packages are fraught with errors.... which i believe is why the ZC team chooses to make only the complete package available.

in the past, there was a document that listed the changed files. i have found errors in that document, and from what i remember that is a manual process to create that document, which is why it is better to do a compare yourself.

while we are on the topic... this new sub designation has me confused.... we have a major version number - 1; which has not changed.... and we have 2 sub-version numbers, currently 5 and 5; and now we have some other subversion letter.

when did 3 version numbers not be enough for this project? or perhaps we need to rethink versioning?

when i look at the admin on one of my sites, i see:

(You are presently using: v1.5.5)

would that show a letter if i updated it? (i'm currently too time pressed/lazy to check.)

and is only a matter of time before we start seeing:

v1.5.5f.1

just curious.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Computel
    You are right and they used to provide that.
    I looked at the changed files to copy across but far too many to be safe so will probably leave it for a while.

Plugin Contributions

Went from e (with 23 mods) to f in less than two hours using my compare program. Of course, i am meticulously slow. You do need a certain knowledge of what's happening in the files but it's not too hard.

Basically, follow the steps of https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

Put f in new folder, compared e to f moving files to f that were for the mods in e. This is the time you have to watch for modded core files and make sure you don't flub it up.

Deleted f database tables and imported e database tables.

Done

Plugin Contributions

As to the b thing, I'm gonna jump out on a limb here and say it was probably done for clarity.

We've had changes to a release many times but, they previously were identifiable by date. I think the date has become the plastic shrink wrap of the directions manual. Sticking the b in there makes it more recognizable. Sorta like RC-1 or such.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    May be there is someone who made an update package.
    [QUOTE=carlwhat;1339871]update packages are fraught with errors.... which i believe is why the ZC team chooses to make only the complete package available.[/quote
    Agreed. If you need an "upgraded files only" "package", you can make your own with a real quick compare tool. DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    in the past, there was a document that listed the changed files. i have found errors in that document.
    There IS a changed-files list. Always has been.
    That the "changed files list" sometimes has mistakes is, well, sometimes true ... because after the list is autogenerated there is inevitably another change or two to be incorporated, and sometimes that has missed being on the list.
    I *never* use the 'changed files list" to do an upgrade, because I *always* do a fresh compare of every file anyway.
    Doing a 3-way compare using the commercial version of Araxis Merge or Beyond Compare makes merging for upgrades very quick and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin57 View Post
    Hi Computel
    You are right and they used to provide that.
    Yes, 10 years ago we *stopped* producing zips of "changed files only" because people were applying the wrong files and creating worse havoc on their sites, and then expecting everyone here to fix it for them.
    Going down to just 1 zip made it simpler to document, simpler to produce, simpler to support, and less error prone.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by merlin57 View Post
    I looked at the changed files to copy across but far too many to be safe so will probably leave it for a while.
    ha.
    not a reasonable reason. seriously.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    while we are on the topic...
    Actually, we're not.

Plugin Contributions

copied them over and now my logo.gif size changed and it is really small and can't figure out what happened. I copied a wrong file some
    where?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast