Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Front end>admin edit--Possibly IP address spoofing concern, but man I like this...

So assuming this isn't overwhelming shot down as bad coding

1.5.5e

includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

...down around the details/info...

Code:
    $allowedips = array('**.***.***.**', '**.***.***.**', etc.);
    if(in_array($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],($allowedips))){
    ?>
    <li><a href="https://www.your_website.com/YOUR_ADMIN/product.php?cPath=<?= $_GET['cPath']; ?>&product_type=1&pID=<?= $_GET['products_id']; ?>&action=new_product&search=<?= $_GET['products_id']; ?>" target="_top" accesskey="w">Edit Product##########____(Alt+w)</a></li>
    <?php
    }
    I have a bunch of other work arounds including a take in/out of stock which works w/ ajax as a button.

anyone see any reasons why I shouldn't try to make my first add-on w/ some of this logic?

I was also hoping to maybe put the ip addresses in the configuration table but couldn't figure out writing the sql logic that typically comes w/ installers, and then this is also it's potentially a bad idea in that it's risky I'm guessing.
    Last edited by wolfderby; 5 Jan 2018 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Front end>admin edit--Possibly IP address spoofing concern, but man I like this..

There are a number of complex PCI compliance hoops to go through when enabling front-end admin-live-editing like that, which is why such a feature isn't in the core code.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Front end>admin edit--Possibly IP address spoofing concern, but man I like this..

To answer your question about IPs, often the EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE constant is used to do IP-specific access control, since it's already easily configurable in the Admin.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Additionally, as for a few improvements to the above: there are a number of things that are locked in: the product type being product on the parameter list, the file to perform the editing being the main product type. Use of short type php tags is generally discouraged because they are not always supported under all php configurations (ie. Instead of using '<?=', use the expanded '<?php echo' format.

As for the functions to lookup the product type and other factors, these can be found generally in the includes/functions folder in files such as functions_lookup.php and functions_general.php. Others may have as well and can be used without specific reference to those files.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So I'm finally realizing the folly of this approach, and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of a more secure approach. Using port #'s doesn't seem to work (private ip addresses not seemingly available, only public). I'm thinking of trying to do a browser cookie based approach but know very little about them.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

so I had a few locations giving special functionality in code using:
    Code:
    if(($_SESSION['customer_id'] == 123) || (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']))){
    //CONVENIENT ADMIN LINKS
    }

Plugin Contributions

Would there be a way to detect the admin's log-in session in php from the catalog side? and if statement around that?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfderby View Post
    Would there be a way to detect the admin's log-in session in php from the catalog side? and if statement around that?
    That's not a built-in feature, no. I mentioned some reasons in my posts above.

Plugin Contributions

So I've taken to wrapping this logic from a while ago from within a browser cookie that can only be set by logging into the admin to set it. I have some fun hacks to the front end now that add admin functionality but they generally would rely on this sort of "inserting-admin-stuff-into-catalog-side-stuff" being PCI compliant. I was wondering if it'd be possible to do so as an add-on, which I could then make a dependency of other add-ons. Any thoughts on this?

Plugin Contributions

so... something like...

PHP Code:
     if(isset($_COOKIE['specialAdminKeyCookieName'])){
    //then do cool stuff like show jQuery stock status toggle button, 

//or 

//show checkbox for showing out-of-stock status stuff in search results

//or

//give button to jump directly to editing this product in admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast