Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI Support Thread

...seems to be work so far, I'm going to do a bit more testing before uploading the latest version. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

So basically I got it sort of working, :/ . But it's probably not use-able. I did these rounding error mods (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....GST-VAT/page2) a while back, that I think back-fired w/ the QB import, because it kept throwing an error on import into QB 2016 (The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form.) Then I'd also end up w/ an "error on line XX: can't record invalid transaction error"

I compared the iif w/ qb's latest example but I probably need to dig back further for something to match better.

Long story short I jammed most of my 2017 transactions into a backed up QB company file only to have most of the data look good until I attempted to open the account register within QB and it would just error and crash QB.

If anyone's interested in what I have or thinks I should upload it as it's probably "better" than what I last uploaded let me know. I think I'm bailing on this in the meantime.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfderby View Post
    So basically I got it sort of working, :/ . But it's probably not use-able. I did these rounding error mods (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....GST-VAT/page2) a while back, that I think back-fired w/ the QB import, because it kept throwing an error on import into QB 2016 (The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form.) Then I'd also end up w/ an "error on line XX: can't record invalid transaction error"

I compared the iif w/ qb's latest example but I probably need to dig back further for something to match better.

Long story short I jammed most of my 2017 transactions into a backed up QB company file only to have most of the data look good until I attempted to open the account register within QB and it would just error and crash QB.

If anyone's interested in what I have or thinks I should upload it as it's probably "better" than what I last uploaded let me know. I think I'm bailing on this in the meantime.
    I say go for the upload, sure identify that there are issues, but at least having before and after code, perhaps something can be identified.

I mean, no real reason for someone else to start from scratch again if all the work has been done. My only "concern" is that way back when there was some other "tool" that had to be obtained in order to communicate with QB. Is that either included in the fileset or an improved reference about where/how to accomplish that part of the communication addressed? I spent days searching for that other software and ended up in some sort of loop where one page referenced another and then click here and just kept going. Couldn't find anything "official" about what the status of that software was...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

So I have been using this plug-in since ver 3.21 (quite a bit customized for my needs). I am in the process of rebuilding the old ZC site with new 1.5.5f and I simply must have QBI.
    I am about to install what you have on my test server and will be happy to collaborate. I was just wondering if you have made any progress since Januiary and what is it that is causing you problems.

I personally use it to export Invoices (as opposed to Sales Order) and I am quite familiar with qbi format (the old enemy), its pitfalls and even use it to output custom qbi from paypal raw data (mostly for fees/payments). Hope we can help each other.

Plugin Contributions

Can this map an item with attributes to a specific item in QB? I am currently using T-Hub but they jacked the price from $350/year to over $1200/year. The thing about T-Hub was that I was able to modify the PHP connector code that resides in ZC admin to be able to map items with attributes to specific items in QB which is a critical function for me. I would be interested in helping develop this if this feature is possible/available.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfderby View Post
    so I'm trying to update this add-on but I need a little help getting the admin page registration working but possibly more importantly this error sorted out to make sure it'll all be worth it:

[07-Jan-2018 01:27:35 America/New_York] Request URI: /spelL-MUd-shoRe/qbi_config.php, IP address: 73.52.227.139
    #1 mysqli_real_escape_string() called at [/home/content/62/5902262/html/MY_ADMIN/includes/functions/qbi_functions.php:152]
    #2 mysql_escape_string_array()
    #3 array_walk() called at [/home/content/62/5902262/html/MY_ADMIN/includes/classes/qbi_classes.php:2610]
    #4 Proc_form->proc_cleanData() called at [/home/content/62/5902262/html/MY_ADMIN/qbi_config.php:30]

[08-Jan-2018 15:36:37 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, string given in /home/content/62/5902262/html/MY_ADMIN/includes/functions/qbi_functions.php on line 154

here's the guilty function:
    Code:
    function mysql_escape_string_array(&$var, $db) {
        if (is_array($var)) {
            array_walk($var,'mysql_escape_string_array', $db);
        } else {
            $var=mysqli_real_escape_string($db,$var); // This function is deprecated. PHP>=4.3.0 may use mysql_real_escape_string
        }
        return $var;
    }
    if I switch it to mysql_real_escape_string( and swap the order of the parameters as needed) it php errors about $db not being a resource.

I don't quite understand constructors or classes at this point in my programming experience but this qbi_mysql.php file contains this:
    Code:
        function & query($sql) {
    		$this->dbConn = mysqli_connect($this->host, $this->dbUser, $this->dbPass, $this->dbName);

if (!$queryResource=mysqli_query($this->dbConn,$sql)) {
                trigger_error ('Query failed: '.mysqli_error($this->dbConn).' SQL: '.$sql);
    		}

return new MySQLResult($this,$queryResource);
        }
    }
    which might help someone suggest a solution possibly?
    Here is how I rewrote this function:
    PHP Code:
        function proc_cleanData() {

$this->config_data['tax_rate']=str_replace('%','',$this->config_data['tax_rate']);
            if (
    get_magic_quotes_gpc()) stripslashes_array($this->config_data);

$this->config_data['tax_lookup']=(int)$this->config_data['tax_lookup'];

array_walk($this->config_data,'self::array_walk_callback');
        }
        function 
    array_walk_callback($value) {
            global 
    $db;

$db->prepare_input($value);
        } 
    Still working on rest of the script but steadily making progress. I had to type cast 'tax_lookup' field - guess I am running in strict mode and it was giving me an insert error. Hope this helps.

I was able to successfully modify and install QBI import on Zen Cart 1.5.5f. resolved all the errors and even brought to (somewhat) new standard on installing the plug-ins. I will try to find time to package it and upload it to the Plug in page in the coming weeks.
    Case Badges by Techiant

Plugin Contributions

Great - thank you.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    We've got the latest version installed onto a version 1.5.6c Zencart installation. I've followed the instructions on getting it configured and I've setup and matched the products/payments/etc. I've been able to create an iif file and download orders to QuickBooks. When I import the file it will create the sales receipt like I want. It includes the payment method (Credit Card) and shipping method (US Mail) on the receipt with all the other information.

Based on what I've read it should also import payments. It does put the correct amounts into the correct accounts, but it does not mark the sales receipts as paid. When I go to customer accounts, it does not show open balances for these receipts and customers. Is there something else I need to configure to have the sales receipts marked as "Paid" so that the "Paid" stamp will print when the invoice is printed? Am I expecting something that this won't do?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by SblantonMMP View Post
    Hello,
    We've got the latest version installed onto a version 1.5.6c Zencart installation. I've followed the instructions on getting it configured and I've setup and matched the products/payments/etc. I've been able to create an iif file and download orders to QuickBooks. When I import the file it will create the sales receipt like I want. It includes the payment method (Credit Card) and shipping method (US Mail) on the receipt with all the other information.

Based on what I've read it should also import payments. It does put the correct amounts into the correct accounts, but it does not mark the sales receipts as paid. When I go to customer accounts, it does not show open balances for these receipts and customers. Is there something else I need to configure to have the sales receipts marked as "Paid" so that the "Paid" stamp will print when the invoice is printed? Am I expecting something that this won't do?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!
    Hey, this won't work not because of the data you are importing but because of QuickBooks. I import Invoices but the same deal. No matter how perfectly matched the payments are in a transaction, it just refuses to put them together.

Be prepared for lots of repeat points and clicks to first RECEIVE payments - where you receive the payment already. If you only have a few transactions it's not that bad, but I usually do mine in batches, so if you do the same, here are the steps that go the fastest for me from years of experience.

1. Create memorized report that you would use each time.
    i. Reports > Customers & Receivables > Transactioon List by Customer
    ii. Click Customize report and set Dates: to whatever range you will be using as default (last month, quarter, year, etc. - don't worry, you can change this later each time you use)
    iii. On Display tab, under columns, uncheck everything and only check Date, Name, amount fields
    iv. Filters tab: Remove all but Date, Posting Status, and add Transaction Type > Payment
    v. Click okay and save as Memorized report for future use

2. Pull up the memorised report, set date range if necessary
    3. You need to developp click, keystroke routine that works for you to do this fast on multiple items in succession.
    My procedure is double-click name > Click Auto Apply Payment > Click Save & Close > Click Yes.
    Alternative is to use program called "Do It Again" which lets you capture/record mouse click procedure and then replay it multiple times to do large batches of repeat operations.
    4. Deposit funds: This is trickier with automation as the payment date needs to be set manually.
    i. Home > Record Deposits (or banking Make Deposits)
    ii. Starting with topmost item: Tick checkmark > Hit Enter
    iii. On next screen set date, make sure Deposit To shows correct Deposit To account and hit Save & New
    iv. Rinse and repeat - you should only have to set correct date for consecutive deposits (umnless account also changes), so procedure is: Checkmark, Enter (optionally change deposit date) + Enter.

When I researched this years ago, there were a couple of third-party "approved" add-ons/applications that directly manipulated the database but they were outrageouslty expensive for what they id, and i think were either subscription model or per-transaction fee-based.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Techiant; 3 Sep 2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Case Badges by Techiant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12