Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Linking custom content to define pages

I am in the beginning phases of installing a custom responsive_classic cart 1.5.5e version. www.uesakausa.com

Is it possible to use includes on the define_main_page.php?

If so would I save them in my include/languages/english/html_includes/my_temp/ directory? And then, how do I call them in the define_main_page.php <?php include('some.php) ?>

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Last edited by MaxBodine; 8 Jan 2018 at 04:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I be using include() on define_main_page.php

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBodine View Post
    I am in the beginning phases of installing a custom responsive_classic cart 1.5.5e version. www.uesakausa.com

Is it possible to use includes on the define_main_page.php?

If so would I save them in my include/languages/english/html_includes/my_temp/ directory? And then, how do I call them in the define_main_page.php <?php include('some.php) ?>

Thanks in advance for any input!
    What are you trying to include or could you give an example of what an 'include' is?

define_main_page.php can be a static html page or you can mark it up with php - very useful and flexible either way.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Instead of writing the home page as one long page on define_main_page.php, for maintenance and a lot of updating that I do, I wanted to organize sections in php includes.

Example my regular websites index.php pages, I would take the six image section on https://uesakausa.com put that in its own php file then on the index page I would use one line a php include() function.

<?php include('sixPictureSection.php') ?>

Then I can swap those out easily.

In the zen cart I would need to know what directory to save the sixPictureSection.php in so the define_main_page.php would know where to find it. I am just assuming I can do that.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Instead of writing the home page as one long page on define_main_page.php, for maintenance and a lot of updating that I do, I wanted to organize sections in php includes.

Example my regular websites index.php pages, I would take the six image section on https://uesakausa.com put that in its own php file then on the index page I would use one line a php include() function.

In the zen cart I would need to know what directory to save the sixPictureSection.php in so the define_main_page.php would know where to find it. I am just assuming I can do that.

Thanks!
    /languages is where you want to define the text for multi language support... or to follow suite with the rest of the coding structure.

/modules
    is where the meat and potatoes or work functions should go.

/templates for the visual structure bits.

Add them into a template folder regardless of where you put them to keep it clean OR add them to a like named file inside one of the 'extra' folders.

Like: includes/languages/english/extra_definitions

These will be accessible through the code and most if not all of the defines will automatically load within the page range you are calling.

Be sure to use the 'already thought out' zen - lookup codes to call the appropriate directory so... if anything changes or moves the directory paths move with the change. Static links might work but long term they become speed bumps ;)
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!
    There are a couple of different "core" Zen Cart functions that can help with this:

From a template directory (e.g. /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates) to search for yourfilename.php in the templates subdirectory:
    Code:
    require($template->get_template_dir('yourfilename.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/yourfilename.php'); ?>
    That will pull in /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/yourfilename.php, if it exists there. If not, it will pull in /includes/templates/template_default/templates/yourfilename.php. If not found there, a PHP error will result.

From the modules directory (e.g. /includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/yourfilename.php):
    Code:
    require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('yourfilename.php'));
    That will pull in /includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/yourfilename.php, if it exists there. If not, it will pull in /includes/modules/yourfilename.php. If not found there, a PHP error will result.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks lat9! That makes sense and it is what I was trying to figure out. It will help make it more organized and manageable for me.