Plugin Contributions

email error How to automatically email customers product price changes?

I'm hoping someone knows if Zen Cart can automatically email certain customers (or a list of email addresses) whenever I change the price of any product?

Many Thanks

CP

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to automatically email customers product price changes?

I'm unaware of any mod that would automatically send an email on price change, but you could manually add those products and send them out in a newsletter. https://www.picaflor-azul.com/blog/e...on-newsletter/
    Last edited by answer=42; 12 Jan 2018 at 12:39 AM. Reason: add link

Plugin Contributions

IF the customer has been given the option to click on the Notify me of updates to.. AND, IF the customer DID click on that, the customer will be notified of the changes.

If it is just a few customers, perhaps you could use the Encrypted Master Password mod to log in as them and select the notifications for them, and then send the email as 42 quoted.

There may also be some way to adjust the database but, probably at a high degree of difficulty.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cpmacg View Post
    I'm hoping someone knows if Zen Cart can automatically email certain customers (or a list of email addresses) whenever I change the price of any product?

Many Thanks

CP
    How exactly do you envision this working?
    First you go into product A and change the price. 5000 emails are sent.
    Then you look at it and say "OOPS!", and go back into product A and change the price correctly this time. Another 5000 emails are sent a minute later.
    Then you go and look at product B and change its price ... and another 5000 emails are sent again 2 minutes later.

That's not really optimal.

This price-change situation is the sort of scenario that you use your mailing list for ... where you do all your updates, and then you manually compose a notification of relevant changes for your customers.
    ... whether that's using the Product Notification tool, or a mailing list tool, or whatever.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    IF the customer has been given the option to click on the Notify me of updates to.. AND, IF the customer DID click on that, the customer will be notified of the changes.

If it is just a few customers, perhaps you could use the Encrypted Master Password mod to log in as them and select the notifications for them, and then send the email as 42 quoted.

There may also be some way to adjust the database but, probably at a high degree of difficulty.

*** Yes it is just for a few customers, those that resell my product.
    My idea was for an easy way to always notify them of price changes.

I just tried activating the Customer Product Notification Status in the Customer Details configuration section and once I did that an option appeared within the MY DETAILS section of an actual customer which appears to allow for GLOBAL notifications. I'm not sure what notifications it relates to so I tried update a price but the system doesn't seem to have sent an email notification. Your idea is good, and there may still be a way, I just haven't found it yet!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hey dbltoe

The procedure involved using notifications isn't automatic but I've now verified it actually works!!!

After making a product change I simply head over to Admin->Tools->Newsletter/Notification Manager and create a new notification stating exactly what I changed, then when I press send it get's mailed out to whoever has subscribed to receive notifications on that product.
    In my case it was easy to setup up as I don't need to contact many users and all they need do is to login, go to MY ACCOUNT and setup the product notifications to receive GLOBAL notifications on all products.

Upside is it doesn't really matter if normal users stumble onto the option and activate it as they too would get notified of changed and no harm is done.

Once again thanks for your suggestion

:)