Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS error: 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content

I'm getting this error message.
    -2147221202 - The element 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'RateClientType, Package'

I actually went ahead and redid the entire includes folder thinking I had missed something before but problem persists (upgraded from 1.5.4). This is an add-on domain and the primary / other zen cart is returning rates with no issue. I turned on debug files for both carts and the only difference between them is the response. One works and one doesn't.

Yes, I did reinstall the USPS module.

Both have fed ex installed which only works correctly at this point when USPS is first in the sort order. There isn't any difference between the two sites.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS error: 'RateV4Request' has incomplete content

***ignore first paragraph as already claimed in OP***
    The one not working, has USPS been disabled, uninstalled, then reinstalled with credentials reentered (copied before uninstalling)?

I don't suggest doing that at this time on the one working... (why "fix" what's not broken.)

Also when saying no differences in operation, does that mean that the same product has been put in both carts, a test purchase made to go to the same location and the debug files compared with only the response being different? (I thought the request was also logged as part of the debug log and if so two different responses for the same other content does seem unusual unless there is something supported on USPS' side associated with the account for one and not the other.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

yes, I do know what I'm doing and using the same USPS account. You don't have to have separate accounts for them - even if they tell you so, that is not correct. Doesn't matter what product. Result is the same no matter the product or weight.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    yes, I do know what I'm doing and using the same USPS account. You don't have to have separate accounts for them - even if they tell you so, that is not correct. Doesn't matter what product. Result is the same no matter the product or weight.
    Not questioning ability, just process. We all have off days.

So what settings are chosen for shipping?

Did a search for RateClientType and didn't find it as something expected to be offered via USPS module, package of course was "everywhere" in the system, so couldn't sleuth out if or what condition would provide that.

The message appears to be indicating that the whatever is being estimated should also include one of those two "fields". They have recently made some changes that may/may not be in effect yet, plus there was the change made a few months ago that had to be addressed to support like one-rate boxes to be usable.

I just also attempted using USPS on one site and it was communicating ok with no errors reported, so that's a third data point albeit from somewhere else. (about an hour ago I had an issue with getting tracking information from usps, but that appears to be restored.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

This is an error seen before. Ajeh might have a some idea. Tried posting in an older thread about this but never got a response.

Plugin Contributions

Turn on your debug log and Zip it then attach it to your post ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

zipped one successful from the primary domain and the unsuccessful from the addon domain
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

It looks like you are only requesting:
    Package ID sent: 0 First-Class Mail Large Envelope - min: 0 max: .8125 handling: 0.00
    Package ID sent: 1 First-ClassTM Package Service - min: 0 max: .9375 handling: 0.00
    And neither of these can ship 3lbs+ ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ah, had not changed the default 3 pounds. But shouldn't USPS not show at all? It doesn't show in the estimator but then shows in checkout-shipping. When I turned on Priority, it then showed up with no error.

Plugin Contributions

If there is a problem creating a request you get the error ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast