Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem upfrading to 1.5.5f

Admin side stylesheet won't load after upgrading to 1.5.5f. I get this error message:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'VersionServer' not found in /public_html/admin/includes/header.php on line 86

Thanks for any help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem upfrading to 1.5.5f

It means you neglected to upload the /admin/includes/classes/VersionServer.php file to your server.
    And if you skipped that one, it's worth checking which others you might have skipped too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, that file is there. I've installed 1.5.5f on several web hosts account. This is the only one that gets this error. That file is there, just like all the others. Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Then you missed merging the new changes in /admin/includes/auto_loader/config.core.php ... or you replaced it with an old one, or you overwrote it with an outdated plugin.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've installed this version many times. It's uploaded exactly from how you have it in the folders. The only difference is this web host account is older and perhaps Apache or MYSQL or something is outdated. Something doesn't like this new Zen Cart version. I've reinstalled 1.5.5f three times now and it just won't load the admin stylesheet. So strange as it is the exact same install from all the other ones I install with other web host accounts.The header.php file I think is causing a problem.

Plugin Contributions

So I gave up on version 1.5.5f. I tried to go back one version to version 1.5.5e to see if that works (originally 1.5.4) and same issue (admin won't load). I used my backup database. So there is something in the 1.5.4 database I guess that is causing an issue with upgrading to any version up from 1.5.4. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's your PHP version? Not that that should have any issue with stylesheets ... nor with the proper loading of files in their proper locations.
    But the PHP version is important.

Plugin Contributions

I've been changing back and forth trying to fix it, but that didn't solve anything. It's currently 5.6, but I tried 5.4 and 7.

Plugin Contributions

If the mydebug log of the missing file is still being generated, then would verify that when attempting to open the file personally that it does open, that it has all of the expected content and that it's permissions support reading the file (expecting 644 as the file's permissions).

It is possible that the ftp program ran into an issue with uploading all of the files or a portion of a file and that it did not detect or correct it.

When you have said that you have installed a version of ZC to this site three times, please describe your process. Are you overwriting existing files, are you creating a new "work" area that is empty, loading the new files and incorporating desired changes, etc... was the loss of admin css formatting identified when first using the ZC default data or only after attempting to import the previous data and modifications made to the previous store?
    Have you cleared your cache? (though that wouldn't have any effect on the generation of the logged error if it is still occurring.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm running into something similar in my local development environment. I'm preparing to upgrade to 1.5.6 and wanted to copy my live (1.5.5f) database to my local server to test as I upgrade.

Here is the debug log I get (blank Admin screen):
    Code:
    [29-Jan-2019 17:18:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\winerackscom\catalog\XXX\includes\classes\VersionServer.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\wamp\www\winerackscom\catalog\XXX\includes\header.php(87): VersionServer->getProjectVersion()
    #1 C:\wamp\www\winerackscom\catalog\XXX\index_dashboard.php(61): require('C:\\wamp\\www\\win...')
    #2 C:\wamp\www\winerackscom\catalog\XXX\index.php(26): require('C:\\wamp\\www\\win...')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in C:\wamp\www\winerackscom\catalog\XXX\includes\classes\VersionServer.php on line 32
    My Live site is running ZC 1.5.5f on MySQL 5.6.31 / PHP 5.6.31 / Apache 2.4.37

My local environment is different for testing purposes (because I want to upgrade our live hosting to PHP 7 at some point): Apache/2.4.17 PHP/7.1.26 MySQL 5.7.9

It's not really a huge deal as I will continue with the upgrade/testing using a sample database, but I'd be curious to know if there's a way to fix this so I can use my live DB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast