Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New install 155f and new database, admin lockout

Instead of updating from 155e to 155f I deleted everything.

Created a new database and fresh install of 155f, all went fine.

The catalog/store front side works fine.

I try logging into the admin side and keep receiving the error message of wrong password.

I tried fixing it according to another post editing the database.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New istall 155f and new database, admin lockout

There appears to either be some steps performed that are not described or some of what is described as done was not exactly...

First thing stated was that everything was deleted. Therefore that would mean both files and database. Is that correct?

The setup of the new store should have either provided admin credentials or allowed you to choose them.

Whichever the case, those are the credentials to use considering that the entire 1.5.5e install was erased instead of just updating a "few" files...

Admin login after a series of failed attempts is locked for a period of time for that login id.
    Use of the database credential reset process: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    Requires using a lowercase username and first letter uppercase in the password.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I've been caught a few times on the password re-set for admin, ending in endless loop. For me, it turned out to be a Windows auto-fill thing on the temporary password.

I would copy the zc created temporary password according to instruction. Then on login when it asks to create a new password, the spot on the form for the temp password was autofilled, but with dots not actual password for me to see. So while I presumed zc was autofilling thattemp password, in fact windows was autofilling with some other password it had retained from some other program in which I had the same user name.

I beat my head against the wall several times on this ;o)

Plugin Contributions

Oop's my old tired brain left out that I'm doing this on localhost running XAMPP, 155e went smooth as silk.

Went into phpMyAdmin and dropped the 155e database.

Deleted the ZenCart 155e folder in XAMPP\htdocs.

Created a new database in phpMyAdmin - Database Name: ZenCart; Collation: utf8_general_ci. Just like I did for 155e.

Unzipped 155f to folder: XAMPP\htdocs\ZenCart. Just like I did with 155e.

Ran ZenCart install and received my temporary password.

Clicked on the go to admin link and "over" typed the temporary password where Windows auto-fill had dots.

"Invalid password"

Repeated above steps three times, same results.

Tried steps in this post to reset password.

Code:
    DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; 
    INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_profile) 
    VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);
    Still no luck.

Wondering if I go back to v155e (if it will work) and just update the files would be a work-around?

Plugin Contributions

So still seems like there is some more "missing".

So, a new install of ZC 1.5.5f now renames or removes the zc_install directory? (can't login to admin until zc_install has been renamed or removed and that action is not described above.)

The "auto-paste" of your browser, did you verify that the username was entered correctly in addition to replacing the auto-populated password with what was provided during the install?

After using the script, what specifically was entered to attempt to login to the admin? It should have been Admin and admin (note the capitalization.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So still seems like there is some more "missing".

So, a new install of ZC 1.5.5f now renames or removes the zc_install directory? (can't login to admin until zc_install has been renamed or removed and that action is not described above.)
    Sorry... Yes ZC 1.5.5f totally replaced the ZC 1.5.5e directory as I deleted it prior. Yes zc_install was removed.

The "auto-paste" of your browser, did you verify that the username was entered correctly in addition to replacing the auto-populated password with what was provided during the install?
    Yes I entered the self generated password, over riding the browsers auto-fill.

After using the script, what specifically was entered to attempt to login to the admin? It should have been Admin and admin (note the capitalization.)
    Oops... Did not realize Admin & admin was to be used. "hangs head in shame"
    I ran the script again and I was able to get into the stores admin. THANK YOU!!!!

I changed the password as directed by the prompt.

Is there any way to change the username from "Admin" to something else?

Thank you again so much everyone for your help!

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=j...
    Ran ZenCart install and received my temporary password.

Clicked on the go to admin link and "over" typed the temporary password where Windows auto-fill had dots.

"Invalid password"...[/QUOTE]

Don't know if this makes a difference for you - but when install gives me the temp password I don't write it down, I copy/paste it to a blank note-file (I use desk top sticky in windows but have also copied onto a blank notepad file.). Then when I re-enter it over the removed dots, I paste it in rather than type it in.

Going from 1.5.5d to e that made the difference for me. Going from e to f I just automatically did that. I didn't/don't know why this made a diff!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jhande1 View Post
    Is there any way to change the username from "Admin" to something else?

Thank you again so much everyone for your help!
    There actually is a way to create whole new profiles in that area. That is the suggested practice. To create a new profile (if needed) or reset the password to one of the existing profiles, logout, attempt to login with the new profile/password. If successful then delete the Admin account so that no one else can "use it" to gain access.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There actually is a way to create whole new profiles in that area. That is the suggested practice. To create a new profile (if needed) or reset the password to one of the existing profiles, logout, attempt to login with the new profile/password. If successful then delete the Admin account so that no one else can "use it" to gain access.
    Thank you so much.

I'll work on it. Spotted it once in the admin section.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Don't know if this makes a difference for you - but when install gives me the temp password I don't write it down, I copy/paste it to a blank note-file (I use desk top sticky in windows but have also copied onto a blank notepad file.). Then when I re-enter it over the removed dots, I paste it in rather than type it in.

Going from 1.5.5d to e that made the difference for me. Going from e to f I just automatically did that. I didn't/don't know why this made a diff!
    I also tried that way too = copy & paste and also write it down and type it in... no go either way.

Strange... just can't believe I'm the only one that had this problem. Special me LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast