Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Featured, New, Specials, and Upcoming Center Boxes Missing From Subcat and Lists

Quote Originally Posted by mikeel100 View Post
    What did I miss in the "posting tips"?
    Well, I'll be my lashes to myself will continue until morale improves. I guess I was thinking that php version wasn't identified considering others had tested and not experienced the issue...

I know that my dev site has been operating with the same php 7.1 version, but considering the things I've been working on are product centric, I hadn't noticed what you identified, but sure enough it was the problem you described with the same "weird" capture. :)

My apologies, you provided at least what was needed to reproduce the issue. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Featured, New, Specials, and Upcoming Center Boxes Missing From Subcat and Lists

No problem...the only thing I can see that I left out is the fact that I did duplicate it in PHP 7.0 and didn't try any other PHP versions.

I didn't realize I was going to dig into it to try and find the specific problem area...thus the scatter brained post, post, post. LOL

Plugin Contributions

No problem...the only thing I can see that I left out is the fact that I did duplicate it in PHP 7.0 and didn't try any other PHP versions.

I didn't realize I was going to dig into it to try and find the specific problem area...thus the scatter brained post, post, post. LOL
    Interesting, because I tried on the PHP 7.0 version available on my server (twice actually, once coming down in versions and once coming back up) and it didn't cause the issue... Do you happen to know specifically which version of 7.0?

Yeah, once I saw how things were going sideways, I thought I would take a looksee myself. :) Especially considering how frustrated you were getting between the results seen and recognizing that perhaps something wasn't understood. It is/was just another one of those, expect the data to look this way, but it doesn't because of something else...

The code I added to the function is intended to force the variable to be an array. I had considered possibly converting whatever value it is/was if it were set but not an array to start the array off, but then realized it is expected to be an array and if it is not then there is some wrong data being fed and therefore, dump the data make an array and carry forward... Anyways, again good find/eye. Taking action like that is what keeps it all moving forward.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Interesting, because I tried on the PHP 7.0 version available on my server (twice actually, once coming down in versions and once coming back up) and it didn't cause the issue... Do you happen to know specifically which version of 7.0?

Yeah, once I saw how things were going sideways, I thought I would take a looksee myself. :) Especially considering how frustrated you were getting between the results seen and recognizing that perhaps something wasn't understood. It is/was just another one of those, expect the data to look this way, but it doesn't because of something else...

The code I added to the function is intended to force the variable to be an array. I had considered possibly converting whatever value it is/was if it were set but not an array to start the array off, but then realized it is expected to be an array and if it is not then there is some wrong data being fed and therefore, dump the data make an array and carry forward... Anyways, again good find/eye. Taking action like that is what keeps it all moving forward.
    The best I can recall is that I did change my PHP back to 7.0 after discovering the issue...that didn't fix it so I switched it back to 7.1 for ZC1.5.5f sake.

7.0.22 on Inmotion Hosting...here is all I could find on it.

[PHP Modules]
    bcmath
    bz2
    calendar
    Core
    ctype
    curl
    date
    dom
    exif
    fileinfo
    filter
    ftp
    gd
    gettext
    hash
    iconv
    imap
    intl
    ionCube Loader
    json
    libxml
    mbstring
    mcrypt
    mysqli
    mysqlnd
    openssl
    pcre
    PDO
    pdo_mysql
    pdo_pgsql
    pdo_sqlite
    pgsql
    Phar
    posix
    pspell
    Reflection
    session
    SimpleXML
    soap
    sockets
    SPL
    sqlite3
    standard
    tidy
    tokenizer
    xml
    xmlreader
    xmlrpc
    xmlwriter
    xsl
    zip
    zlib

[Zend Modules]
    the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured)
    Last edited by mikeel100; 24 Jan 2018 at 06:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

people,
    #1 - good job at finding this bug. pretty clear that this was a ZC bug.
    #2 - also good at doing the PR. i started looking at it, but ran out of time.
    #3 - this php change has been documented on previous threads in this forum. it started with php 7.1. prior to php 7.1, this would not have thrown an error. from:

http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php

Note: As of PHP 7.1.0, applying the empty index operator on a string throws a fatal error. Formerly, the string was silently converted to an array.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    people,
    #1 - good job at finding this bug. pretty clear that this was a ZC bug.
    #2 - also good at doing the PR. i started looking at it, but ran out of time.
    #3 - this php change has been documented on previous threads in this forum. it started with php 7.1. prior to php 7.1, this would not have thrown an error. from:

http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php

Note: As of PHP 7.1.0, applying the empty index operator on a string throws a fatal error. Formerly, the string was silently converted to an array.

best.
    So, this has wider implications...

#3 - this php change has been documented on previous threads in this forum.
    Where?

Does this mean, anywhere in the zencart files were there is [$variable] = '', that they all have to be converted similarly to the fix in this thread?

Oh, thanks for the kudos and thanks for this tid-bit.
    Last edited by mikeel100; 24 Jan 2018 at 08:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Does this mean, anywhere in the zencart files were there is [$variable] = '', that they all have to be converted similarly to the fix in this thread?
    only if the $variable is an array.

1 such post:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....07#post1341007

best.
    Last edited by carlwhat; 24 Jan 2018 at 09:07 PM.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    There's something wrong with your installation, not that that's new news! I just checked a fresh ZC1.5.5f install with demo data, changed to the classic template and I'm seeing the new/specials/featured products boxes.
    No there is not...read the bug report. There is / was a real bug.

Look at your subcategory and listing
    pages.
    Last edited by mikeel100; 24 Jan 2018 at 09:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    only if the $variable is an array.

1 such post:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....07#post1341007

best.
    Okay, so I would not have found this in search for the issue I was having...since I didn't know what the cause was.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I would not have found this in search for the issue I was having...since I didn't know what the cause was.
    Also wouldn't be an issue for you operating on 1.5.5e/f because it was fixed in ZC 1.5.5c. (Note: The referenced post relates to operating ZC 1.5.4 (designed for up to PHP 5.6) in a PHP 7.0+ environment.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast