Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Store Pickup and my other address-based delivery needs

Store Pickup
    Is this the way Store Pickup is supposed to work, when the customer address is not in the area for Store Pickup it is still shown available to use? Example: Store is in Dallas and customer address is in New York the Store Pickup option is still available to customer to use.
    I would think Store City would have to match customer City to be a choice if not then would display Store Pickup out of area.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store Pickup

It works that way.

What's to say that someone isn't traveling and happens to come across/need the product that is present at that store. It is also though one reason store pickup is not a default option when rates are selected by the lowest rate.

Basically the location identified to the individual does not get reflected in the store pickup listing. The expectation for when that is selected is that the customer will go to the store to pick it up, wherever that may be.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It works that way.

What's to say that someone isn't traveling and happens to come across/need the product that is present at that store. It is also though one reason store pickup is not a default option when rates are selected by the lowest rate.

Basically the location identified to the individual does not get reflected in the store pickup listing. The expectation for when that is selected is that the customer will go to the store to pick it up, wherever that may be.
    That is too logical for customers. If it is cheaper shipping cost they will select it. Then you have to contact customer and have them place order again after you have deleted the incorrect order. That is why I use ZipShip for Store Pickup. The option is only available if zip code is a match.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    That is too logical for customers. If it is cheaper shipping cost they will select it. Then you have to contact customer and have them place order again after you have deleted the incorrect order. That is why I use ZipShip for Store Pickup. The option is only available if zip code is a match.
    Not sure if you mean exact match or matched by distance but I could tell you that where I live, "local" includes at least 9 different zip codes, and that's just from me knowing the addresses of several individuals, stores, and where I've lived. I bet if I looked at a map of the area the number would be much greater.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if you mean exact match or matched by distance but I could tell you that where I live, "local" includes at least 9 different zip codes, and that's just from me knowing the addresses of several individuals, stores, and where I've lived. I bet if I looked at a map of the area the number would be much greater.
    Exact match like 79701,79703,79704,79705,79706 is "Zone 1 Zip Codes" then for a customer to be able to use Store Pickup the customers zip code must be an exact match. Being in West Texas where zip code cover a large area I have 20+ zip codes that can be Store Pickup. Maybe 1 or 2 times a year a customer happens to be in this area that will require giving a credit back. This takes less time than a multitude of customers selecting Store Pickup due to cost and have no intention of picking it up. Anyway it has been working great since 2004. I wished the regular Store Pickup would work this way.

Larry

Plugin Contributions

See. In that case, your final statement, it is possible to be done, it just doesn't do it by default...

Are you saying that you have already defined a Zone that includes the information/zip codes that you need?

Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that you have already defined a Zone that includes the information/zip codes that you need?

Yes using ZipShip and changing ZipShip to display Store Pickup. If that is what you are asking.

Plugin Contributions

Yes using ZipShip and changing ZipShip to display Store Pickup. If that is what you are asking.
    Try this module: Product Delivery by Postcode (PDP): https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=170

Works on ZC 1.5.5e btw

Plugin Contributions

Figured it was a zone definition specific in zipship, but wanted to be sure to ask. Looks like frank may have identified a product that should work for you. It may need a little modification to address a 0 payment, but more than likely not. :)

Btw, if you have only one store, you could modify the store pickup text to further identify where the customer should go. I mean places like BestBuy and Wal-Mart each offer a ship to store or in store pickup option... and it doesn't matter where you live in order to be offered that option at those retailers.

Plugin Contributions

Figured it was a zone definition specific in zipship, but wanted to be sure to ask. Looks like frank may have identified a product that should work for you. It may need a little modification to address a 0 payment, but more than likely not. :) ...
    LOL, no it doesn't allow a zero payment!

BTW, even though the plugin also contains the shipping module "Local Delivery", it does not have to be activeted in the admin for Store Pickup by postcode to work. Both shipping modules work independently of each other or they can be used together.

I constructed that plugin to cater for a myriad of scenarios, no matter if you want to allow local pickup only or if you do local delivery to customers for all products, no matter if some products are marked as local pickup only or not. The main criterium for each of the modules to show up at checkout (or not) is the match between customer chosen delivery address and a set (range of) postcode(s).

If you as a customer live per say in postcode 998877 and postcode 998877 is not set in the admin then the module will not show (or the modules Local Delivery and/or Store Pickup won't show).

Pretty simple.
    Last edited by frank18; 26 Aug 2017 at 02:39 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast