Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Refund not recorded in ZC after upgrade

www.athleticsnortheast.com/cart/

Just completed upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.5.5f. Payments via PayPal seem to be running smoothly and are being processed. However, had to do a partial refund today, in ZC admin. The refund is showing as "initiated" in ZC admin in the table at the bottom of the order, and looking in Paypal, the refund has been processed. In the past, after the refund was processed, ZC admin would show a status of "refunded" on the order, in the table at the bottom. This did not happen on the refund today.

I found a forum thread which seemed very similar, which was apparently solved by a small change to paypal_functions.php, and on checking, I noted that my version of that file already had the fix. So that is not the solution.

Any ideas anyone?

Steve Delaney

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Refund not recorded in ZC after upgrade

Is your admin running under SSL? PayPal has been changing their security "rules" lately; that might have bearing if you're not.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Is your admin running under SSL? PayPal has been changing their security "rules" lately; that might have bearing if you're not.
    Yes, that is absolutely all in place. Payments and refunds are being processed, and payments are being shown in ZC, and that refunds are initiated. Just the table at the bottom no longer shows that the refund has been finalized.

The closer I look at it, it seems that the table is not updated, even though above it shows that the order is "partially refunded". I am not sure if that partially refunded status reflects paypal's processing, or that I initiated a partial refund request. It might be that the table is just not being updated to show the result of the refund request.

Plugin Contributions

Which of the PayPal payment methods (Standard, Express or Payments Pro) are you using? ... and what version of PHP?
    Last edited by lat9; 26 Jan 2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Additional question added.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Which of the PayPal payment methods (Standard, Express or Payments Pro) are you using? ... and what version of PHP?
    PHP Version: 5.6.33 (Zend: 2.6.0)

Payments Pro

Note that we had been using Payments Pro and the same version of PHP prior to the upgrade. We are on the same server with all utilities remaining the same.

Plugin Contributions

In doing the upgrade was paypal payments pro uninstalled and reinstalled to ensure that all of the database settings were captured? (requires reentry of credentials)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    In doing the upgrade was paypal payments pro uninstalled and reinstalled to ensure that all of the database settings were captured? (requires reentry of credentials)
    No, this was not done. Did not notice such a recommendation in the suggested update path. And since everything else with respect to payments and refunds seems to be working, doesn't seem like this should be an issue?

Plugin Contributions

There were a fair number of changes to the paypaldp.php (PayPal Payments Pro) payment method over the past 8 years. As mc12345678 indicated, although the instructions don't specifically call for a remove/re-install requirement for that payment method, it's probably a good idea!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I will try that ...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, reloaded Website Pro and Express Checkout ... will wait for my next refund to see what happens. I did note that there were additional fields to complete beyond what had been recorded previously, so perhaps it is a good thing to have done, regardless if it addresses my issue or not!