Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default HELP! New server ip - site down

Our sites went donw today, and after talking to the host, we were told there was a new server ip, so we updated this, but when we go to the websites now, they just display the "Thank you for loading zencart" message - as seen here - http://www.colorfulclipart.com/

Is there a way to fix this - and if so HOW? , or are we talking complete reinstall?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP! New server ip - site down

Take a breath.

What did you change?

With regards to ZC, since the uri remained the same, there really should have been nothing to change in the ZC files unless the database server was the thing that changed and it was and still is referenced by an ip address.

Then if so, the question of whether the database transferred.

That said. When (if) reporting that "welcome to zen cart" message, it is important to refer to the part identified as *important*:
    Additional *IMPORTANT* Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set
    It appears that because of the server move, the folder structure for DIR_FS_CATALOG also changed and needs to be updated.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As far as the site is concerned we have changed nothing and made no alterations to any files within.
    Our host informed us that the server IP did no match Site's DNS and therefore we should type the new IP into the DNS so both match exactly.
    Supposedly this would fix the issue and everything would return to as was before, however since then we have received the on screen message regarding to incorrect files etc.
    The only thing I can think is that somewhere in the files there is something still trying to point to the old IP which is causing the confict.
    Is there an easy fix to this.

Plugin Contributions

The "easiest" that I can think of at the moment is to create a file on the server that will echo the current path of the file and use that information to update the define for DIR_FS_CATALOG (and eventually similar information in the admin/includes/configure.php file).

Recommend the file be named something other than: getfilepath.php so that others seeing this post can not get the info returned.

Code:
    <?php echo __FILE__;
    The result may work, though a more thorough answer should be obtainable through cPanel or further discussion with the host.

Plugin Contributions

is there anywhere I could get a more in depth explanation on how and where to create the file and enter the info at all. Unfortunately I am not at the level where I can 100% understand the process

Plugin Contributions

No problem, sorry I gave the "general" info in a hurry.

So, I'm not sure what ftp program you use to be able to identify whether to create the file locally using a plain text editor and then ftp it to the root of your site or if you can create a file directly on the server and then edit it there to contain the above.

Idea would be to use a process like you have or do to upload plugins or other files. Take a file from a plugin at your local computer, rename it to what you want it to be when on your server. Edit it using say notepad or some other plain text editor. Save it. Then upload it to the root of your store.

Then access your site by using your domain name/newfile.php where newfile is the name of the file from above.

The result will be a string of text similar to:
    /usr/foldername/something/public_html/newfile.php

The important part is everything before newfile.php as that would be the directory to your site.

In this example your DIR_FS_CATALOG would be defined as:
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/usr/foldername/something/public_html/');
    Change the permissions of includes/configure.php from 0444 (also known as attributes possibly) to 0644 (writable), modify the file saving that change, and then restore the file permissions back to 0444.

Plugin Contributions

If that's still too difficult, I have also thought of another way to get the desired information without adding a new file (modifying one that is expected to be present).

It still requires some way to edit the file on the server though.

I'm not where I would say i have a secure method to ftp into your server to offer direct assistance.

Plugin Contributions

ok many thanks for the assistance , I'll give it a try and get back to you a little later with results :-)

Plugin Contributions

When you get this fixed, you might want to start looking for a better host. There's no reason for them to change folder structure when moving to, or starting on a new server. The nameservers might have changed but that also should have been taken care of by them.

You didn't mention your ZC version so, make sure they didn't bump you up to a PHP version that your version of ZC is not compatible with.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    When you get this fixed, you might want to start looking for a better host. There's no reason for them to change folder structure when moving to, or starting on a new server. The nameservers might have changed but that also should have been taken care of by them.

You didn't mention your ZC version so, make sure they didn't bump you up to a PHP version that your version of ZC is not compatible with.
    i disagree.... hosts screw up moving of servers all the time. how often does one move hosts? not that often...

if the hosts provides 99.87967% (or better) uptime, has very fast server response times, and quick response to tickets, i think they are probably an adequate host.

that said, this site is hosted with godaddy; and i'm not a fan of them.

doing a little bit of work investigative suggests to me that the problem is "probably" in the configures files. and most likely the database credentials (as opposed to folder structure).

both of the following working links lead me to my conclusion:

http://www.colorfulclipart.com/license.txt
    http://www.colorfulclipart.com/nddbc.html

obviously anyone who has responded to this thread with ssh access could resolve this situation quite quickly.... i think!

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast