Plugin Contributions

Default Problem importing old V155b DB into V155f DB

I'm trying to upgrade my old 155b version to the new 155f version. Using phpmyadmin, I create the new database ( using zc_install). Then I go to the old database ( that is live ), and export the database to an sql file, just as I have done several times before. I then import the data to the new database, it gives me a success message. I check the tables on the new database, and nothing has changed. I've blown away the new DB, completely re-installed zc, and still can't import anything.

My skills aren't great, but I've managed to upgrade several times in the past, so now I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem importing old V155b DB into V155f DB

So within the 1.5.5 family there is no database upgrade to be performed (I believe this is one strong reason that the numbering portion of the major and minor version identifiers haven't changed.)

As to the import of an exported database, well, it somewhat depends on the settings used for the export as to how the import occurs. It may be that each time trying to import the old database into the new one that really what's happening is that the old database is importing to the old database. Otherwise that portion of handling the database, well, is may need to provide more information about the backup process that was used, an example of the "top" of the backup file, how restoration was performed, etc...

May just be that something simple isn't occurring right now, not sure.

When you say nothing has changed... do you mean that the old database hasn't imported to the new location or that the contents from the old location when put in the new database look the same as in the old database?

Also sounds like it may be possible that the configure.php files may not all be pointing to their respective database...

How again is the import performed?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motherlode View Post
    I'm trying to upgrade my old 155b version to the new 155f version. Using phpmyadmin, I create the new database ( using zc_install). Then I go to the old database ( that is live ), and export the database to an sql file, just as I have done several times before. I then import the data to the new database, it gives me a success message. I check the tables on the new database, and nothing has changed. I've blown away the new DB, completely re-installed zc, and still can't import anything.

My skills aren't great, but I've managed to upgrade several times in the past, so now I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    You have to drop all of the tables in the newly created by zc_install db OR you will get duplication errors because it's trying to import tables that already exist.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

I got it figured out - thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motherlode View Post
    I got it figured out - thanks :)
    Think of it as helping your future self: so what did you have to do differently than described before?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...