Plugin Contributions

Default First Data Payeezy module -- where to get the payload for the certification form?

One of the steps for registering with Payeezy is to complete their certification form. At the end of the form it asks for an example payload. I am having a tough time figuring out where to obtain this payload script. Am I supposed to generate this using the ZenCart module itself in test mode? Or using a PHP script on our server? Or somehow using the Payeezy sandbox or other tools provided on the Payeezy site? The Readme instructions with the ZenCart Payeezy module just says to complete the certification form (makes it sound really simple) but it looks like there are potentially a lot of steps to obtain the payload needed for the certification form, prior to obtaining the merchant ID.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First Data Payeezy module -- where to get the payload for the certification form?

Further to the PM you sent me,
    I don't recall ever having been asked to submit any payload.
    Maybe they've changed the process.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First Data Payeezy module -- where to get the payload for the certification form?

Here's a sample JSON payload you could submit:
    Code:
    {"merchant_ref":"b1459857ab220572e1cd","transaction_type":"purchase","method":"token","amount":1500,"currency_code":"USD","token":{"token_type":"FDToken","token_data":{"value":"8288078254854242","cardholder_name":"Bill Smith","exp_date":"0218","cvv":"","type":"Visa"}},"soft_descriptors":{"dba_name":"155","city":"v155.test","postal_code":"NONE","merchant_contact_info":""},"billing_address":{"name":"Bill Smith","street":"123 Any Avenue","city":"Here","state_province":"California","zip_postal_code":"12345","country":"United States","email":"[email protected]","phone":{"type":"D","number":"12345"}},"level2":{"tax1_amount":0,"customer_ref":"1"},"level3":{"alt_tax_amount":0,"alt_tax_id":0,"discount_amount":0,"freight_amount":500,"ship_from_zip":"NONE","ship_to_address":{"customer_number":"1","address_1":"123 Any Avenue","city":"Here","state":"California","zip":"12345","country":"United States","email":"[email protected]","name":"Bill Smith","phone":"12345"},"line_items":[{"description":"Rope","quantity":10,"line_item_total":1000,"tax_amount":0,"tax_rate":0,"unit_cost":100}]}}

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte. I also found this discussion thread which seems to indicate this is an error on the Payeezy website, and their web developers need to fix it. However their support department seems to be unaware of any problems with their form.

https://developer.payeezy.com/conten...ication-test-1

On the topic of Payeezy vs. Square, I might also consider Square. We have both the eCommerce site and brick & mortar point of sale. Based on your experience how would you say Square is better? Similar fees? Better equipment & features? Or just that they have a simpler API setup?

Thanks much.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fpbear View Post
    On the topic of Payeezy vs. Square, I might also consider Square. We have both the eCommerce site and brick & mortar point of sale. Based on your experience how would you say Square is better? Similar fees? Better equipment & features? Or just that they have a simpler API setup?
    I can't speak to First Data's equipment. Square's equipment is a simple one-time fee. And I'm sure you could negotiate with Square to get equal or better rates. Square definitely is easier to set up in my experience.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, thanks for the JSON script. I just tried it but I receive the error

{"correlation_id":"124.1789121742642","Error":{"messages":[{"code":"401","description":"Access denied"}]}}

So I suspect that Payeezy is having some technical glitch on their website. The form says that the purpose of the payload field is to "verify this is not a bot" so it seems maybe there is a bug that is rejecting real humans as well. Unless this fancy anti-bot captcha is so difficult that you have to be a programmer to figure out the right payload script to put in there.

Plugin Contributions

Here's the solution, just in case anyone else runs into this problem.

First Data figured out that my Payeezy Developer account was corrupt. So I simply had to create a new account using a different email address, and then I was able to submit the certification form on the first attempt, using the default payload script.

Because of this bug in the First Data system (corrupting my original account), it made me think that the "certification test" was some kind of fancy test of a payload script that I'm supposed to generate somehow. But actually their form is designed to work using the pretend script that's already pre-populated in that field.

Once I created the new Payeezy Developer account, everything went according to DrByte's readme notes, and the module works great.

By the way I would not want to go with Square because their fees are too high, so I am glad I was able to get this working!