Plugin Contributions

Default Tax Calculation v1.3.9 vs v1.5

I have upgraded my ZC shop from version 1.3.9 to 1.5 and went live earlier this week (after weeks of rigorous testing). It seem that everything is working well (www.experilab.co.za), but I have spotted a strange problem and could not find a similar post in the forum:

In admin/orders:
    All new orders made with v1.5 show correct order totals
    Older orders that were done with v1.3.9 now suddenly show up without tax added to the order total

This means that I cannot reprint older invoices and also my sales history information is incorrect. Is there a difference between the 2 versions w.r.t. how order totals are calculated or maybe stored in the database?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax Calculation v1.3.9 vs v1.5

The way of calculation has changed, but that should not result in your problem.
    When you upgraded, did you use the old database with the existing tax classes and zones, or did you enter them manually in the 1.5.x store.
    This could result in the classes having different id's in the database and thus explaining why you do not see the tax on old orders.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    The way of calculation has changed, but that should not result in your problem.
    When you upgraded, did you use the old database with the existing tax classes and zones, or did you enter them manually in the 1.5.x store.
    This could result in the classes having different id's in the database and thus explaining why you do not see the tax on old orders.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I first upgraded the database from the old version and then I checked all admin settings. I did notice that the Zone shows up as '310' in admin/configuration/mystore in the old version but as 'South Africa' in the new version?. I then saw that there was suddenly no zone defined in admin/locations&taxes/zones so I recreated it. Somehow something must have got muddled up.

Will I have to manually change the classes id in the database for the old orders?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! I first upgraded the database from the old version and then I checked all admin settings. I did notice that the Zone shows up as '310' in admin/configuration/mystore in the old version but as 'South Africa' in the new version?. I then saw that there was suddenly no zone defined in admin/locations&taxes/zones so I recreated it. Somehow something must have got muddled up.

Will I have to manually change the classes id in the database for the old orders?
    You could try to change the id for one order first, to see if that works. After that you could mass update the id with a query

Plugin Contributions

You could try to change the id for one order first, to see if that works. After that you could mass update the id with a query
    Ehm, I am still confused! Can't seem to find which table and column refers to the zone id for an order? Can you please help?

Plugin Contributions

Disregard my stupid answer . Orders do not contain the tax id, but the tax value calculated on creation of the order. This value will not change unless it is done manually. So the tax values should be there.

Plugin Contributions

Disregard my stupid answer . Orders do not contain the tax id, but the tax value calculated on creation of the order. This value will not change unless it is done manually. So the tax values should be there.
    That is also what I saw upon investigating. The tax values are there and everything looks fine. It is just not added to the order total for all pre-v1.5.5 orders...

Will keep looking!

Plugin Contributions

Are you using the default invoice page for Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Are you using the default invoice page for Zen Cart?
    Yes, I do.

I have, however, noticed the following: in the database/orders_total table, with all v1.3.9 orders tax is EXCLUDED in the ot_subtotal value, but INCLUDED in the v1.5.5 orders. So the difference must happen wherever the ot_subtotal value is calculated and then added to the database (?!) Still investigating where this is done...

An obvious 'fix' would be to update the ot_subtotal values to include tax for all the old orders...

Plugin Contributions

Compare admin/invoice.php from both versions, and you'll notice a difference in tax calculation.

Check your settings for show tax in admin (configuration => My Store =>Display Prices with Tax in Admin.) Maybe changing this switch will help