Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading template?

I decided to buy a template and it's version 1.5.5e what is the process of upgrading a template to 1.5.5f? Do I look at a changelog and put those fixes in? Not sure how to go about this.. I do have winmerge but not knowing what was changed. I am guessing there is a changelog from version to version. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading template?

Quote Originally Posted by tmccaff View Post
    I decided to buy a template and it's version 1.5.5e what is the process of upgrading a template to 1.5.5f? Do I look at a changelog and put those fixes in? Not sure how to go about this.. I do have winmerge but not knowing what was changed. I am guessing there is a changelog from version to version. Thanks
    Think about it this way, in the end what matters more? What someone may or may not have written in a text document about what has changed or the actual code differences?

Compare the two filesets ignoring any differences in the end of lines and "nonimportant" charcters, do this at least primarily in the include/templates directory between the two versions and you should see what has changed regarding the template part. There may be some other things to look at which would be suggested, but at least the majority of the "changes" of importance should be identified by that comparison.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...