Plugin Contributions

Default going live with my upgrade says I need zc_install

I upgraded my site to 1.5.5f when I rename things to go live i get the same page asking for zc_install that I got at the beginning. Do I need to re-install it again? I got the impression from the directions that if I did the renaming (and I re-named the live site so as not to interfere) I got the impression that I rename the cart, redo the configure.php files in the two <includes/configure.php> files that was it???
    thanks. I don't want to re-install using zc_install and risk losing all the work I've done in the last 2 weeks unless that is the way to go.

thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: going live with my upgrade says I need zc_install

Quote Originally Posted by slater555 View Post
    I upgraded my site to 1.5.5f when I rename things to go live i get the same page asking for zc_install that I got at the beginning. Do I need to re-install it again? I got the impression from the directions that if I did the renaming (and I re-named the live site so as not to interfere) I got the impression that I rename the cart, redo the configure.php files in the two <includes/configure.php> files that was it???
    thanks. I don't want to re-install using zc_install and risk losing all the work I've done in the last 2 weeks unless that is the way to go.

thanks again
    Did you install this into a folder on the same server running another cart?

What did you rename? Folders, files, content within files?

Site domain name?

Did you complete a site redirect (301) if you weren't using the root directory?

Regardless, you should back up the database AND the live site locally BEFORE running the install again if you are uncertain.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

What is the entirety of the message? I think it is bullet 3 that identifies very specific information about what the problem is. Usually database, or folder reference, or DB_PREFIX are an issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Q-Did you install this into a folder on the same server running another cart?
    A-My live site is airtightsecurityplus.com/live store
    my upgrade is airtightsecurityplus.com/new store

Q-What did you rename? Folders, files, content within files?
    A-I changed /live store/ to /live store 1/ and changed /new store/ to /live store/
    I changed the /new store/ configure.php files from /new store/ to /live store/ I wasn't worried about changing the admin file since it is referenced in the config files under the new name.

Q-Site domain name?
    A-live site is airtightsecurityplus.com/security_equipment/
    new store is currently airtightsecurityplus.com/airtight-xxxx

Q-Did you complete a site redirect (301) if you weren't using the root directory?
    A-I changed the htaccess file (for my ceon uri mapping) from /new store/ to /live store/ but my access file is under airtightsecurityplus.com and it was set up for the new store and it didn't hurt my live site. the htaccess files on my site do not reference my domain name or subdomain it is generic

Q-What is the entirety of the message?
    A-it is the same page that says "welcome to zen cart. this is your first time here, this may be due to (then it lists reasons) did you change your htaccess, did you check your configs files, next section says to install zen cart load the zc_install

Do I need to use another database, the one i'm using with the new store is a copy of the original, is that db configured to the new store name or something, should I have switched back to the /live store/ db, I haven't added any products or had any new customers since the upgrade started.

Plugin Contributions

The only path provided above that is/was accessible was airtightsecurityplus.com/security_equipment/, no other information provides enough to be able to fill in any blanks related to the changes made to the configure.php files.

In the end, the rows of data that still exist in the new includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php should match the defines in the old equivalent file if the process of say this was followed: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

If the upgrade is from a version having different numbers than the new version, then zc_install will need to be executed to upgrade the database, but the message is different and one reason to provide the entirety of the message not just some self summarized version.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

reloaded it and went over everything, I guess my permissions were off cause one of the configure files didn't save the changes, I fixed it and it uploaded. my new site is https://www.airtightsecurityplus.com/security_equipment
    thanks
    I do have one other question... I can't seem to find a place to get rid of the pre-loaded <home> link in my ezpages_box_footer. I know about the ezpages in my admin section to get the columns and sort order but there is not a <home> in my ezpages editor in my admin section and it is a different color (white) than the rest of my ezpages links
    Any help would be appreciated, I don't mind it being there but I can't change the color or position and that bothers me.
    check out the site and let me know
    thanks again