Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing page name URL's for better SEO rankings

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Amen and amen.
    I just did a search on google and every single organic results ALL had friendly URLs. ALL of them. Not a single one had php urls.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing page name URL's for better SEO rankings

And, if you Google "Kayak Paddle Keeper Kit" (without the quotes), you'll find topkayakerDOTcom on the second page of 6,140,000.

Two things to note.

First, I used DOT in the link so the search engines would not catch the link. Why? At the owner's request as business has doubled since they came to us. 60k a month on just parts is not bad. They are having a hard time processing orders and handling phones with their small staff. I know. Are they bragging or complaining?

Second is that the search did not match the product title and was not done using quotes. If I would have used "Paddle and Pole Keeper Kit" (again, without the quotes), they come in fourth with Amazon at numbers one and two. If I use the quotes, They come in at number two behind eBay.

The number three, when not using the quotes, has a Lighthouse rating for their page at 37, 71, 73, and 83. On the DOTcom, we find its rankings are 84, 98, 93, and 100. BTW, the 100 is the SEO rank.

From this, you might argue that "friendly URLs" got them past our customer. We don't know if they are paying anything for position. I do know that the minor fixes for that particular page will be a LOT easier to accomplish than most URL changes are with "friendly URLs." It's a matter of bang for your buck. So far (and I'm not through looking), the time and money spent as a result of problems with URLs is too much to make it worth the expense when I can get really close to the top of 6 million posts with content, correctness, and compatibility.

You've already posted a problem in another thread and the two major URL mods have over 1800 posts. I'd rather have to fix an internal link to up my lighthouse score than what you will have to go through with your next URL hiccup. The main problem with them is they are a pain when they go wrong. And, yes, I said when instead of if.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12