Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Payment Comes Through Without Order on v1.5.7

tolivealie.com/store, v1.5.7, no plugins

I've had this problem in the past, but it seems amplified lately. I did recently upgrade to 1.5.7 and I did recently enforce SSL, not sure if the SSL could exacerbate the issue.

Here is what happens. I get orders like normal then I get a Paypal payment from a customer with no corresponding order. It isn't a missed email, if I check their account its either a new account with no orders or an old account with no new orders. The order number skips what would have been their order and is assigned to their next order. I have to email the person ordering and ask them what they ordered which is embarrassing and I'm lucky I don't file all Paypal emails or I'd probably miss entire orders. I guess there are two ways the store hands off to Paypal as I get different subject lines per.

Item #Webstore Purchase - Notification of Payment Received from %%%%%%
    Notification of payment received

The first subject line seems to have more missed orders. The second one is nice if its missed because it lists the ordered items in it.

I come from an old Zencart way and remember when Paypal was a payment option under that dropdown and it looks like its just integrated somewhere else now or I'd check that post it here.

Any thoughts? Any help? I do most of my updates via Softculous and haven't rebuilt the site in years (aka a fresh install and DB import). This definitely is starting to negatively effect my business.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Payment Comes Through Without Order on v1.5.7

One thought ... don't use your webhost's automatic updaters, e.g. Softculous. They usually do more damage than good.

Which PayPal payment method (paypal, paypalwpp or paypaldp) is in use on the site?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Payment Comes Through Without Order on v1.5.7

While attempting to review that, what about debug logs that may be generated? Have any in the logs directory? Preferably begin with the most recent one(s).

Also, since you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by wcbutler
    I come from an old Zencart way and remember when Paypal was a payment option under that dropdown and it looks like its just integrated somewhere else now or I'd check that post it here
    ... are you indicating that when you go to admin->Modules->Payment that you are not seeing Paypal listed? Further, if you look at that page as compared to almost any other admin page, does it seem like there is content on the screen missing? As in a partial blank screen? If so, there may be one or more associated myDEBUG-adm type files. If posting them there, please be sure to obfuscate at least the admin folder name.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...