Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap Template (BETA)

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    I thought I'd document here that I installed Image handler from https://github.com/lat9/zen_Image-Handler along with bootstrap on a 1.5.5f site. I only needed to change one file in includes/modules/your_template/additional_images.php. I added a check to see if it was a bootstrap template and included the correct content. Cindy has opened an issue in github to modify bootstrap with a more elegant solution and accommodate the use of modal display of product images.
    Thanks for the posting, @badarac. This is a link to that GitHub issue, for any interested parties to follow: https://github.com/zcadditions/ZCA-B...ETA-/issues/21

Plugin Contributions

On the create account page, items with drop down menus (state, country) have an * on the line following to indicate it's required. As a text box they have the placeholder set to *.

Plugin Contributions

I want to go back to the tagline problem. In includes/templates/bootstrap/common/header.php there is a test for the sales text being blank. If blank it does not include the tagline. This caused formatting problems with the header. I've looked at that again as a result of using a large width image in the header. Because the logo div is set to col-sm-4 regardless of the presence of a tagline, it shrinks the image to fit into 4 cols. There was also a problem with the location of the closing div for the logo wrapper and some line breaks that affected spacing of the header. Here's what I wound up with for the branding section:
    PHP Code:
    <!--bof-branding display-->
    <div id="logoWrapper">

<div id="logo" class="row align-items-center">
            <?php if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '') {
                echo 
    '<div class="col-sm-4">';
            } else {
                echo 
    '<div class="col-sm-12">';
                }

?>
            <?php echo '<a href="' HTTP_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG '">' zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGEDIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'images'). '/' HEADER_LOGO_IMAGEHEADER_ALT_TEXTHEADER_LOGO_WIDTHHEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT) . '</a>'?>
        </div>
    <?php if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '' || (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner zen_banner_exists('dynamic'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2))) { ?>    
        <div id="taglineWrapper" class="text-center col-sm-8">
    <?php

if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '') {
    ?>
          <div id="tagline"><?php echo HEADER_SALES_TEXT;?></div>
    <?php

}
    ?>
    <?php

if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner zen_banner_exists('dynamic'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2)) {
                    if (
    $banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
          <div id="bannerTwo" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static'$banner);?></div>
    <?php

}
                  }
    ?>
        </div>
    <?php 
    // no HEADER_SALES_TEXT or SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 ?>
      </div>

</div>
    <!--eof-branding display-->

Plugin Contributions

On the create account page, items with drop down menus (state, country) have an * on the line following to indicate it's required. As a text box they have the placeholder set to *.
    This is standard, at least since v1.5.5 when the required * indicator was moved to the placeholder. drop-downs don't have a place holder.

Plugin Contributions

I want to go back to the tagline problem. In includes/templates/bootstrap/common/header.php there is a test for the sales text being blank. If blank it does not include the tagline. This caused formatting problems with the header. I've looked at that again as a result of using a large width image in the header. Because the logo div is set to col-sm-4 regardless of the presence of a tagline, it shrinks the image to fit into 4 cols. There was also a problem with the location of the closing div for the logo wrapper and some line breaks that affected spacing of the header. Here's what I wound up with for the branding section:
    That's a good solution @badarac

I'm still looking at this, I never liked how the logo, sales message and banner all intermingled in the header logoWrapper. Not sure I'll be spending to much time on this before the weekend.
    Last edited by rbarbour; 22 Mar 2018 at 05:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    That's a good solution @badarac

I'm still looking at this, I never liked how the logo, sales message and banner all intermingled the header. Not sure I'll be spending to much time on this before the weekend.
    No worries. I've already fixed it with the solution I provided. If you want to give me access to upload to github I'll open an issue and fix.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    This is standard, at least since v1.5.5 when the required * indicator was moved to the placeholder. drop-downs don't have a place holder.
    I understand that the text boxes have the placeholder. This is a minor formatting issue which resulted from bootstrap. It caused the * added to required dropdowns to move to a new line. The solution is to use col-11 to allow space for the * on the dropdowns.
    Code:
    <select class="custom-select col-11" name="zone_country_id" id="country">

Plugin Contributions

I understand that the text boxes have the placeholder. This is a minor formatting issue which resulted from bootstrap. It caused the * added to required dropdowns to move to a new line. The solution is to use col-11 to allow space for the * on the dropdowns.
    Code:
    <select class="custom-select col-11" name="zone_country_id" id="country">
    Here's the change I made to includes/classes/observers/ZcaBootstrapObserver.php. It affects all pull downs not just required.
    PHP Code:
                case 'NOTIFY_ZEN_DRAW_PULL_DOWN_MENU':

$field $p2;
                    if (
    strpos($field'class="') !== false) {

$field str_replace('class="''class="custom-select col-11'$field);
                    } else {

$field str_replace('<select ''<select class="custom-select col-11" '$field);
                    }

$p2 $field;
                    break; 

Plugin Contributions

Here's the change I made to includes/classes/observers/ZcaBootstrapObserver.php. It affects all pull downs not just required.
    PHP Code:
                case 'NOTIFY_ZEN_DRAW_PULL_DOWN_MENU':

$field $p2;
                    if (
    strpos($field'class="') !== false) {

$field str_replace('class="''class="custom-select col-11'$field);
                    } else {

$field str_replace('<select ''<select class="custom-select col-11" '$field);
                    }

$p2 $field;
                    break; 
    Nice one, @badarac. I'll review all of those field-overrides to make sure that any pre-existing class isn't overwritten. Are you going to create a GitHub issue, or should I?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Nice one, @badarac. I'll review all of those field-overrides to make sure that any pre-existing class isn't overwritten. Are you going to create a GitHub issue, or should I?
    Issue opened

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast