Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Getting "currently unable to handle this request 500" after host installed new server

Seems like one thing after another. My hosting company installed a new server yesterday and now I'm getting an error 500 when trying to use several important plugins that worked 2 days ago. I have Easy Populate v1.2.6.4 installed as well as Export Shipping Information V1.3.3 plugin and neither work now. I checked file structure and their files are in place. These are things I use almost daily so any suggestion where he should look or what setting to change to get them working again?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting "currently unable to handle this request 500" after host installed new se

Quote Originally Posted by osdmarine View Post
    Seems like one thing after another. My hosting company installed a new server yesterday and now I'm getting an error 500 when trying to use several important plugins that worked 2 days ago. I have Easy Populate v1.2.6.4 installed as well as Export Shipping Information V1.3.3 plugin and neither work now. I checked file structure and their files are in place. These are things I use almost daily so any suggestion where he should look or what setting to change to get them working again?
    500 server errors can be very diffucult to resolve since they are security related and the important information needed to rectify the problem is only available to the hosting company. I strongly suggest you take this up with them, because making changes yourself could make matters worse.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting "currently unable to handle this request 500" after host installed new se

Sometimes, those Error 500 issues get logged in the Zen Cart /logs directory, too. Check there for myDEBUG*.log files that might have some clues as to the root-cause of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

What version is your cart? Time to upgrade with your hosting company's 'upgrade' perhaps.

Listen to RodG, making changes blindly won't help if they have migrated you to a new server with higher-than-your-zen-cart-supports PHP and SQL among other things.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    What version is your cart? Time to upgrade with your hosting company's 'upgrade' perhaps.

Listen to RodG, making changes blindly won't help if they have migrated you to a new server with higher-than-your-zen-cart-supports PHP and SQL among other things.
    I'm using 1.5.5e and don't plan on upgrading again any time soon. I did that upgrade (fresh install) from 1.3.8 in November and ever since, it's been nothing but a nightmare. I've had to constantly have my host reset Apache because my site would go offline every couple days. He told me it loaded up Apaches resources to the point my site gets server errors. He hosts quite a few sites and it's actually me and Zen Cart (I'm the only Zen guy he hosts) why he bought and installed a new server. Thinks that will fix the resource issue.

He's working on the issue with 500 errors today so hopefully will get it figured out. If so will post what it was. That's if he tells me of course.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Sometimes, those Error 500 issues get logged in the Zen Cart /logs directory, too. Check there for myDEBUG*.log files that might have some clues as to the root-cause of the issue.
    This was in logs file...

[14-Feb-2018 23:23:50 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/osdparts/public_html/(admin)/easypopulate.php:879
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
    thrown in /home/osdparts/public_html/(admin)/easypopulate.php on line 879

Line 879 is...

$products_image_base = ereg_replace($products_image_extension . '$', '', $products_image);
    Last edited by osdmarine; 15 Feb 2018 at 06:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

This was in logs file...

[14-Feb-2018 23:23:50 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/osdparts/public_html/(admin)/easypopulate.php:879
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
    thrown in /home/osdparts/public_html/(admin)/easypopulate.php on line 879

Line 879 is...

$products_image_base = ereg_replace($products_image_extension . '$', '', $products_image);
    You'll need to get an updated version of EZ-Populate as your host has also updated the PHP version that your site is using to PHP 7.0 or later (the ereg_replace function was removed at that time).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You'll need to get an updated version of EZ-Populate as your host has also updated the PHP version that your site is using to PHP 7.0 or later (the ereg_replace function was removed at that time).
    I'm using the most current version of Easy Populate out there. He just downgraded my php and it's working now so I guess that's the fix for now until they come out with another updated EP.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using the most current version of Easy Populate out there. He just downgraded my php and it's working now so I guess that's the fix for now until they come out with another updated EP.
    There are different versions of EP than the one used and those that are based off of the principals posed when EP was developed. Only one or two EP versions have been maintained to support php 7.0. For example EasyPopulate V4.

Other products include apsona and DBIO.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There are different versions of EP than the one used and those that are based off of the principals posed when EP was developed. Only one or two EP versions have been maintained to support php 7.0. For example EasyPopulate V4.

Other products include apsona and DBIO.
    Thanks when I searched the plugins for "Easy Populate" That one didn't show up (probably because title is all one word). Will give it a try. I also use Export Shipping Information V1.3.3 though and it apparently also doesn't work with php 7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast