Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product Quantity Shown Only to Authorized Wholesale Accounts

Is it possible to show product quantities only to authorized wholesale customers? Meaning that they would have to log in to see both the pricing and quantity of the items. We are a company who sells only to stores so we want those things to be shown only to logged in users. It is already showing pricing only to logged in users, just trying to do the same for product quantity.
    I have tried searching for solutions on google and zencart forums but I haven't yet found a solution to this.

We are still using v1.3.9h; PHP version is 5.6.31 (Zend: 2.6.0); we use Core FTP LE.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Quantity Shown Only to Authorized Wholesale Accounts

Wow, hurts me to say this, and I've sat on it for a day to think about it, but then you've also started a second post asking the same question: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....97#post1342497.

Must be quite a hack fest to have gotten 1.3.9h to work in that environment. Can hardly claim that the software is still 1.3.9h considering the amount of changes needed to even consider operating in that environment let alone the likely security issues involved.

Not likely to have found such a specific customized solution, after all what is requested is to change the value of a single variable using logic from a template structure already present and further eludes to the concern one should have in visiting or purchasing from that site. (i.e. If can't self implement the below described changes, how can one expect that anything actually complex has been done to protect customers.)

Can say that if were operating in a ZC 1.5.5 environment then you would want to toggle off: $flag_show_product_info_quantity (for general product anyways and the applicable variable for other product types) after it is assigned in includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php, most easily through observing the notifier: NOTIFY_MAIN_TEMPLATE_VARS_EXTRA_PRODUCT_INFO
    Or the notifier associated with the applicable product type(s).

Course I also realize you've probably heard it before that the site for the safety and security of your customers should be updated. And that it probably has been said something like : bug off or its too "hard" because of all the customizations. Neither a good reason not to do it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Since you've apparently already created and made changes to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_product_info_display.php, find the following clause (coming from the like-named script in the zc155e template_default sub-directory):
    Code:
    <!--bof Product details list  -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT .  $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product details list -->
    and add the highlighted clause:
    Code:
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT .  $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1 && !empty($_SESSION['customer_id'])) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    ... to display the quantity only if a customer is logged in.

@mc12345678's comments about upgrading still hold.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Wow, hurts me to say this, and I've sat on it for a day to think about it, but then you've also started a second post asking the same question: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....97#post1342497.

Can say that if were operating in a ZC 1.5.5 environment then you would want to toggle off: $flag_show_product_info_quantity (for general product anyways and the applicable variable for other product types) after it is assigned in includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php, most easily through observing the notifier: NOTIFY_MAIN_TEMPLATE_VARS_EXTRA_PRODUCT_INFO
    Or the notifier associated with the applicable product type(s).
    To be honest, I have no idea what you mean by toggling off that.
    I recently started working for a company and somewhat the only one updating the website so I am trying to update it now, and I have no experience in Zen Cart and little to no experience on coding. And so it is also my first time using this forum, that's why I posted twice.I wasn't sure which thread to post this post and if I'm able to delete a post.

I will try to get an update on the zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Since you've apparently already created and made changes to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_product_info_display.php, find the following clause (coming from the like-named script in the zc155e template_default sub-directory):
    Code:
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    and add the highlighted clause:
    Code:
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1 && !empty($_SESSION['customer_id'])) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    ... to display the quantity only if a customer is logged in.

@mc12345678's comments about upgrading still hold.
    i tried to add that into tpl_product_info_display.php coding and no changes happened, although it might be because of my ZC version.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stef27 View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea what you mean by toggling off that.
    I recently started working for a company and somewhat the only one updating the website so I am trying to update it now, and I have no experience in Zen Cart and little to no experience on coding. And so it is also my first time using this forum, that's why I posted twice.I wasn't sure which thread to post this post and if I'm able to delete a post.

I will try to get an update on the zen cart.
    No problem, and like I said conflicted about the way the post was written.

So: perhaps could be a little easier if one or more files were posted so that the necessary code applicable to the version modified or not on the system could be updated to temporarily support the need.

Recommended file(s) to post (please use the # button in the reply/reply with quote message box to apply code tags around the content):
    includes/modules/pages/product_info/
    Most likely a file named main_template_vars.php

But if not present or more than the one, possibly the header_php.php and or all files.

To maybe get an idea of what variable(s) may need to be used instead, perhaps could provide: includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php

Reason is that likely there was even then something that validated that a user was logged in that could be of help.

As to the "wholesale" part, if you know where that code snippet is, you could post it as well and it could be worked in.

As to posting in general, those posting do so of their own accord when and if they can and/or have something to add or suggest. So this could happen at any time and for any reason (or lack thereof). Posting the same question multiple times either in the same location or multiple causes issues. 1) inconsistent responses across the locations, potential confusion of what the status is, what has been and has not been, etc... 2) if not cross linked then someone else with the same issue is left hanging about how to resolve the issue and needs to continue searching for a solution. (Also means that when a solution to something is found its helpful to also post the resolution.)

We good?

Plugin Contributions

i tried to add that into tpl_product_info_display.php coding and no changes happened, although it might be because of my ZC version.
    It could also be because of the product type.
    In the url for the product, main_page=what?

Plugin Contributions

Recommended file(s) to post (please use the # button in the reply/reply with quote message box to apply code tags around the content):
    includes/modules/pages/product_info/
    Most likely a file named main_template_vars.php

But if not present or more than the one, possibly the header_php.php and or all files.

To maybe get an idea of what variable(s) may need to be used instead, perhaps could provide: includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php
    Here is the one from main_template_vars:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     *  product_info main_template_vars.php
     * @package productTypes
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2010 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: main_template_vars.php 15948 2010-04-15 15:50:49Z drbyte $
     */
    /*
     * Extracts and constructs the data to be used in the product-type template tpl_TYPEHANDLER_info_display.php
     */

// This should be first line of the script:
      $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_MAIN_TEMPLATE_VARS_START_PRODUCT_INFO');

$module_show_categories = PRODUCT_INFO_CATEGORIES;

$sql = "select count(*) as total
              from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " .
                       TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
              where    p.products_status = '1'
              and      p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
              and      pd.products_id = p.products_id
              and      pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'";

$res = $db->Execute($sql);

if ( $res->fields['total'] < 1 ) {

$tpl_page_body = '/tpl_product_info_noproduct.php';

} else {

$tpl_page_body = '/tpl_product_info_display.php';

$sql = "update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . "
                set        products_viewed = products_viewed+1
                where      products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
                and        language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'";

$sql = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name,
                      pd.products_description, p.products_model,
                      p.products_quantity, p.products_image,
                      pd.products_url, p.products_price,
                      p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added,
                      p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity,
                      p.products_weight, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.product_is_free,
                      p.products_qty_box_status,
                      p.products_quantity_order_max,
                      p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from, p.products_sort_order, p.products_price_sorter
               from   " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
               where  p.products_status = '1'
               and    p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
               and    pd.products_id = p.products_id
               and    pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'";

$product_info = $db->Execute($sql);

$products_price_sorter = $product_info->fields['products_price_sorter'];

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info->fields['products_price'],
                          zen_get_tax_rate($product_info->fields['products_tax_class_id']));

$manufacturers_name= zen_get_products_manufacturers_name((int)$_GET['products_id']);

if ($new_price = zen_get_products_special_price($product_info->fields['products_id'])) {

$specials_price = $currencies->display_price($new_price,

}

// set flag for attributes module usage:
        $flag_show_weight_attrib_for_this_prod_type = SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_WEIGHT_ATTRIBUTES;
    // get attributes
        require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_ATTRIBUTES));

// if review must be approved or disabled do not show review
        $review_status = " and r.status = '1'";

$reviews_query = "select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, "
                                                           . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd
                           where r.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
                           and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id
                           and rd.languages_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'" .
                           $review_status;

$reviews = $db->Execute($reviews_query);

}

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('product_prev_next.php'));

$products_name = $product_info->fields['products_name'];
      $products_model = $product_info->fields['products_model'];
      // if no common markup tags in description, add line breaks for readability:
      $products_description = (!preg_match('/(<br|<p|<div|<dd|<li|<span)/i', $product_info->fields['products_description']) ? nl2br($product_info->fields['products_description']) : $product_info->fields['products_description']);

if ($product_info->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == '1') {
        $products_image = PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE;
      } else {
        $products_image = $product_info->fields['products_image'];
      }

$products_url = $product_info->fields['products_url'];
      $products_date_available = $product_info->fields['products_date_available'];
      $products_date_added = $product_info->fields['products_date_added'];
      $products_manufacturer = $manufacturers_name;
      $products_weight = $product_info->fields['products_weight'];
      $products_quantity = $product_info->fields['products_quantity'];

$products_qty_box_status = $product_info->fields['products_qty_box_status'];
      $products_quantity_order_max = $product_info->fields['products_quantity_order_max'];

$products_base_price = $currencies->display_price(zen_get_products_base_price((int)$_GET['products_id']),

$product_is_free = $product_info->fields['product_is_free'];

$products_tax_class_id = $product_info->fields['products_tax_class_id'];

$module_show_categories = PRODUCT_INFO_CATEGORIES;
      $module_next_previous = PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT;

$products_id_current = (int)$_GET['products_id'];
      $products_discount_type = $product_info->fields['products_discount_type'];
      $products_discount_type_from = $product_info->fields['products_discount_type_from'];

/**
     * Load product-type-specific main_template_vars
     */
      $prod_type_specific_vars_info = DIR_WS_MODULES . 'pages/' . $current_page_base . '/main_template_vars_product_type.php';
      if (file_exists($prod_type_specific_vars_info)) {
        include_once($prod_type_specific_vars_info);
      }
      $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_MAIN_TEMPLATE_VARS_PRODUCT_TYPE_VARS_PRODUCT_INFO');

/**
     * Load all *.PHP files from the /includes/templates/MYTEMPLATE/PAGENAME/extra_main_template_vars
     */
      $extras_dir = $template->get_template_dir('.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base . 'extra_main_template_vars', $current_page_base . '/' . 'extra_main_template_vars');
      if ($dir = @dir($extras_dir)) {
        while ($file = $dir->read()) {
          if (!is_dir($extras_dir . '/' . $file)) {
            if (preg_match('/\.php$/', $file) > 0) {
              $directory_array[] = '/' . $file;
            }
          }
        }
        $dir->close();
      }
      if (sizeof($directory_array)) sort($directory_array);

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($directory_array); $i < $n; $i++) {
        if (file_exists($extras_dir . $directory_array[$i])) include($extras_dir . $directory_array[$i]);
      }

// build show flags from product type layout settings
      $flag_show_product_info_starting_at = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'starting_at');
      $flag_show_product_info_model = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'model');
      $flag_show_product_info_weight = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'weight');
      $flag_show_product_info_quantity = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'quantity');
      $flag_show_product_info_manufacturer = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'manufacturer');
      $flag_show_product_info_in_cart_qty = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'in_cart_qty');
      $flag_show_product_info_tell_a_friend = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'tell_a_friend');
      $flag_show_product_info_reviews = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'reviews');
      $flag_show_product_info_reviews_count = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'reviews_count');
      $flag_show_product_info_date_available = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'date_available');
      $flag_show_product_info_date_added = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'date_added');
      $flag_show_product_info_url = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'url');
      $flag_show_product_info_additional_images = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'additional_images');
      $flag_show_product_info_free_shipping = zen_get_show_product_switch($_GET['products_id'], 'always_free_shipping_image_switch');
      require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY_DISCOUNTS));

$zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_MAIN_TEMPLATE_VARS_EXTRA_PRODUCT_INFO');

require($template->get_template_dir($tpl_page_body,DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). $tpl_page_body);

//require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS));

// This should be last line of the script:
      $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_MAIN_TEMPLATE_VARS_END_PRODUCT_INFO');
    Header.php:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * product_info header_php.php 
     * @package page
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2007 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: header_php.php 6963 2007-09-08 02:36:34Z drbyte $
     */

// This should be first line of the script:
      $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_HEADER_START_PRODUCT_INFO');

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('require_languages.php'));

// if specified product_id is disabled or doesn't exist, ensure that metatags and breadcrumbs don't share inappropriate information
      $sql = "select count(*) as total
              from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " .
                       TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
              where    p.products_status = '1'
              and      p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
              and      pd.products_id = p.products_id
              and      pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'";
      if ( $res->fields['total'] < 1 ) {
        unset($_GET['products_id']);
        unset($breadcrumb->_trail[sizeof($breadcrumb->_trail)-1]['title']);
        header('HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found');
      }

// ensure navigation snapshot in case must-be-logged-in-for-price is enabled
      if (!$_SESSION['customer_id']) {
        $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot();
      }

// This should be last line of the script:
      $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_HEADER_END_PRODUCT_INFO');
    ?>

And yes, gotcha. Is it possible to delete a post? I would like to delete the other post. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

It could also be because of the product type.
    In the url for the product, main_page=what?
    In one of the URLs of one of the products, it says:

main_page=product_info&cPath=11_44&products_id=1027

Plugin Contributions

And yes, gotcha. Is it possible to delete a post? I would like to delete the other post. Thanks!
    only admins can delete posts once posted. and you have like 7 minutes to edit a post after you post it.

welcome to the forum and the ZC community! people always get chided when not running the latest version of ZC; so don't feel special! ;)

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast