Portishead, North Somerset, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Importing Javascript into certain product pages, not site-wide or named pages.

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find an answer for this in the forum.

I'm trying to add specific javascript into a product page. Rather than do it site-wide, I'd like to add it on a per page basis. I've seen you can add site-wide java and page specific java (eg contact page, home page), but I cannot see if you can add "product page" specific javascript.

Currently I have a huge amount of javascript in my tpl_product_info_display.php page which gets turned off and on using:

<?php if ($cPath !== '90') :?>
    //Do something

Does anyone know if this is possible without hacking apart the template pages as I'm doing?

Many thanks

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Importing Javascript into certain product pages, not site-wide or named pages.

If you want to have "conditional" javascript on the product_info page, I'd suggest creating file(s) named jscript_something.php in your store's /includes/modules/pages/product_info sub-directory.

Those files get loaded only for the product_info page and allow you to use PHP to 'filter' what scripts are included. See examples in the /includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment sub-directory's jscript_main.php.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Importing Javascript into certain product pages, not site-wide or named pages.

Thanks Lat9,

I'll have a look into that.

Kind Regards

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Lat9,

You legend, many many thanks.
    Worked perfectly using both your file-set method with my existing php filtering. No longer am I wading through thousands of lines of javascript!!!!

Sunday is now going to be a productive day!

Just to be clear what I have done to any users:
    If you have specific javascript you'd like to load on a particular product page, you don't have to include it on every product page resulting is slower page load times etc across your site.

Simply create a file/s named jscript_something.php and put it in the /includes/modules/pages/product_info/ folder. It will then load the java, but with the added benefit you can use the file to filter what product page it loads on, or category as I have done.

You simply need to add something like : <?php if ($cPath == '90') :?> to the top of the file and it will only load if the category id = 90.

Please Lat9, feel free to correct if I have it incorrect.

Plugin Contributions

Nope, you got it right!